bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankfulness  (Read 4239 times)

ellie77

Thankfulness
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:24:28 AM »

:)Hi Everyone,
                     My prayers to those that have requested them.
                     For some reason I could not post or answer for a while. However it is now sorted out. Well that did give me a strange feeling. Suddenly finding this site and amazing teachings and then it was all cut off. I don't think I needed a lesson in thankfullness??? for all this, but the barometer certainly went up quite a few notches...
                      I would like to request some prayer please. I have a condition that causes a lot of pain and it has been really bad lately.Quite a few things happened all round the same time. My son,Nathan left home for life and work,my Dad was put into a nursing home,I came right out of the church..et...et.. I so miss Nathan and the support he gave me. I foolishly thought I was quite prepared for him going ...but some empty nest syndrome.
                      I guess so many of us feel like Job.Sometimes I can hardly keep up with all the wonderful scriptures that are posted here. So many answers and helps for so many.
                      It takes a bit to post  re prayers advice et,but it is so often a request for many others and helps more than one person. Thank you all for being there.
                       O Lord my God,in you I put my trust. ellie.

psalmsinger

Re: Thankfulness
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »

Hello Ellie,

The best comfort for "feeling like Job"  (been there, am that ;) is to remember the end result of Job's life, spiritually speaking.....  The possibilities are endless how the Lord will bless us and our children..Blessings all around. We become new creatures in Christ Jesus and eventually our children, family, friends, and even enemies will also!  Praise be to God for His wonderful perfect plan!!!!  It gives you cause to rejoice and especially be content in the situation that you are in, just as Paul stated in Phil 4:11  "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

Job 42:10-17
10   And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11   Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
12   So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13   He had also seven sons and three daughters.
14   And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.
15   And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
16   After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
17   So Job died, being old and full of days.
(KJV)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:16:31 PM »

Hi Ellie,

I will keep you in my prayers.  I also hope your fellowship here will aid in offering you some comfort during your trials and tribulations.   

Peace, mercy and His grace to you,
Rene'

gmik

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »

Hi ellie.

The empty nest is painful but it does go away.  But you have been hit w/ several life altering events so close.

As w/ Ricky, I will be praying for you too.

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »

Hi Ellie,

Praying for you!

It sounds like everything is happening at once. God bless you my dear! I pray you feel His loving arms around you and His wonderful comfort to be a reality at this time.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »

Sweet words (honey from a cub???).

Knowing the pain you have been going thru makes it wonderful to give comfort to another.

Me thinks that is what Jesus had in mind.

What a beautiful, loving thread.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »

Hello elle77

You observe quote :It takes a bit to post  re prayers advice et,but it is so often a request for many others and helps more than one person.

that is so true and I can also witness to that statement because so many times I have been lifted, encouraged and edified by what others are saying or discussing in this family Forum.

My heart too goes out to you in this transition and challenging place that our Lord is walking you through.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

ellie77

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:19 AM »

Hello everyone,
                      Thank you all for your words,prayers and encouragement. Just lovely to find messages waiting for me when I got up this rainy lovely morning.Feel a little better this evening. A strange place to be in....pain.... then in everything give thanks.So I just do it.
                       So Ricky...orders?  Well. a friend dropped by today bringing food and even some for my two darling cats. I mean how often does someone drop by with food for your cats?But, not feeling well enough to go out and needing food for them ... God is amazing....then another friend is coming tomorrow to help me with my computer.....thank you....
                       I really love animals(has anyone seen Planet Earth?) and  am becoming very fond of bears.I'm off to have a honey bath....
                      I do encourage others to request prayer here.God always answers and I love to pray.
                       God bless you all .....Ellie....

ellie77

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »

Hey Ricky,
               You are so funny.....how did you know I like cheese... well after laughing....all day I am wearing a cheesy smile.......
 Blessings to all..Ellie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.