bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enough  (Read 5982 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Enough
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

Over the last week I've been pm'd by several different members here on things that are being said about our forum on another forum.

Though I appreciate your concerns, I would ask that you not bring the moderators or other members into this cesspool of half truths and lies as it takes away from our purpose here and could cloud our judgments.

I'm glad that some of you have recognized that we do not allow members to make sport of other forums or current or past members, even though those same rules do not apply at these other forums.  A few of you have asked that a moderator join another forum to "defend" ourselves.  I will never do this in an open forum as I don't feel the need to, whenever you play in the mud the only thing that happens is you get dirty.  I did try to private email a person who has been telling lies concerning this forum and the moderators, their response was "Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then they had the nerve to post the private email on a public forum.  I've gotten dirty enough already, and that's all we will discuss this.

We moderators try our best here and I'm sorry some of you will not accept this or choose to believe the members of the forum are cult-like and only follow man not God.  If you are a member of this forum and feel this way then I expect to see some of you quit our forum.  Why would you want be a part of something so wrong.  If God is for us then you are spitting in the wind.  If God is against us then the forum and Bible-truths will fail.  If you have a new and better truth, and you grow in ways we can't, then why continue to even worry about this forum? 

So bottom line, Enough.  To our concerned members, we do not want to know anymore about the other forums out there, we are busy enough shepherding this one, and trying our best not to fail you.  Don't worry about this forum, our purpose has always been to provide a refuge from the drama of religion and we hope to be doing this until God calls us home.

Blessings
Craig

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:29:49 PM by Craig »

Kat

Re: Enough
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »

Well said Craig, I totally agree.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »

Well you must be doing something right if other forums do not like it!  :D  Not that that is any measure to go by. As you say. God is our provider here whether or not others believe it, agree or approve of it!

False accusers will be accountable and corrected.

Keep up the great work you are doing!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:07:07 PM by Arcturus »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »

Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

rk12201960

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:08 AM »

You guys and gals do a great job here.
You all are well loved.
Gods peace and love to all concerned.

Your brother.
Randy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 10:25:02 AM »

Hi Craig,

I agree, well said!

I believe the following scripture underlines your point and should give us all pause in speaking without first measuring our words against what the Lord has commanded us, are our words more in line with His Spirit or our own carnal heart?

Matthew 5 (King James)

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Matthew 12 (King James)

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof  in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

James 3 (King James)

8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

His Peace and Wisdom to you all,

Joe

Tooostep1955

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

Greetings to you all in the glorious name of Christ Jesus our Lord! 

I have no clue to what is being said or going on at 'the' other sites, and I am certain God our Father wants it that way - Thank You Father!
Having said that, being a "newbie" I am totally shocked that BT Forums is being attacked!  ::)   NOT

Love the part
...whenever you play in the mud the only thing that happens is you get dirty.
WOW! Wish Ida learned that years ago!  ???

Craig, that is why you are a (very good) moderator  ;D  That is why I stay around - well, actually one of the reasons I stay around. I would pray that you all would know the number one reason (of many) is to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of our Lord God, and make some friends, etc... Enough said. I just felt moved to put in my 2 cents worth.

Agape Love to All...

Samson

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:08:44 PM »

Hello Craig,

I concur with all of the above, not out of pressure or coersion, but truly because this Site has the best presentation on Universalism (Eventually Salvation For All) and the only one that supports Man not having a Free Will only limited choices and desires. In my case, I've never belonged to any other Bible related Forums, only visiting Ex-JW Sites and other Universalist Sites prior to finding this one. As stated previously, it had to be Gods' Will that I " coincidentally " stumbled upon this site. From a completely human perspective, I had never even heard of this Site, I went to Wikipedia to research the History of Universalism and saw the Lake of Fire Series, not knowing what that was and  with one left double-click, here I am. As you mention being dragged in the mud with those that want to smear this site, I agree its' counter-productive. Sowing a seed with those that have a sheep-like disposition is one thing, but to debate with those who resort to half-truths is only going to break down ones' integrity. I've noticed that many if not all of the people that attach Ray in his E-mails never fully examine his info and never provide sound Scriptural refutation in their responses. This brings to mind Proverbs. 18:13 " When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears it, that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation." When I first began to read the Free Will series, I said to myself, what in the world is this, never heard of this before, but then I reasoned objectively and said to myself, read the whole thing first before thinking its wrong, which I did and my eyes were opened up to this most essential truth that precedes all the others' mentioned here. I wish the majority of people on this planet were more objective in their thinking, unrealistic and wishfull thinking on my part.

Thanks to all for the above comments, I didn't realize people at this site did that sort of thing, whats the point, if people don't accept a clear presentation of supported Truth, then apparently they aren't ready, eventually they will be. Keep up the good work, you Moderators and Administrators in keeping this Site spiritually clean, God knows, it ain't happening too often elsewhere.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »

Thanks Craig for the heads up.  Good comments all!

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 09:16:31 AM »

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment,

I enacted a posting ban (just posting) to a member who decided to flood everyones pm's with a message on a matter that he does not have all the information on.  The moderators stated that we would not discuss publicly reasons for banning members because we do not want to embarrass or appear to "put down" a member.  People who are banned have their own ideas and attitudes and when they leave we harbor no ill will toward them, we wish them well.  We just don't see eye to eye, that is O.K. 
This member would not have had a problem with a moderator if they would have pm'd us privately, but flooding in-boxes makes it public.  They agreed to follow the rules when they joined this forum and then decided it did not apply to them.

Folks we are serious about this, this is enough.  The members of the other forum in question will not be allowed to disrupt this forum any longer.  As I stated, I don't want members here posting or pm'ing the mods on what is being said on other forums, but if members are harrassing you by pm or email then let us know so we can deal with it.  As we said this forum is for those who come out of the wilderness to seek refuge.  It is to discuss the teaching that brings us here, and we will not allow the chaos of others to infect our purpose.

If you find that you do not agree with the purpose of the forum and the moderators we are inviting you to quit our forum.  There is no hard feelings and we wish you well.  If in the future you find out the chaos and anything goes teaching is not for you then re-join, eventually the tickling people feel in their ear becomes a pain.

ENOUGH, I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

Craig
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:52:27 AM by Craig »

pylady

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »

A big
THANK YOU   THANK YOU  THANK YOU  THANK YOU  THANK YOU  THANK YOU

to you, Craig, and all the moderators.  The way I see it you guys keep us on the straight and narrow path, and keep us from being "tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine"  (Eph4:14)  It's so easy to loose sight of our goal of maturing in Christ, when there are so many doctrines of distraction out there.

This site is a haven.   You perform a valuable service.

A great big hug and a  :-* to you all.

Cindy  :)

dch1

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »

Craig and the rest of the moderaters be happy and know you are not alone. Do you guys remember a song "don't worry, be happy." If so remember the little verses were the guy would just humm along. That's the way I feel about naysayers. You guys are blessed(happy and fortunate).

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »

Craig,
From my brief experience in this forum I need only say that you and the other moderators do a great job. This is a very special place and your due diligence is one of the main reasons. Thank you all again for your hard work and commitment and keep it up.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.