bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, new member from Atlanta  (Read 6603 times)

Stevernator

Hi, new member from Atlanta
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »

Hi everyone,
I am a 21 year old college student in Atlanta. I've been reading BT for a couple months and lurking in the forums a bit.
I am a pretty introverted guy for the most part and I enjoy playing basketball and searching for the truth. I don't
know too many people that think like I do so I am looking forward to getting to know you guys better and to learn more.
For the past couple of years
I have been searching earnestly for the truth and this site has been a great source of relief towards me. The idea
of people around me one day burning in hell was unbearable. I think God has been working in me lately but I
still have a long way to go.  Anyways, I am looking forward to discussing with you guys!!
Peace,
Steve  8)

Kat

Re: Hi, new member from Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »

Hi Steve,

It is nice that you have come here for fellowship  :)

I hope you will join in the discussions with us, because we have a really wonderful fellowship that comes from being like minded.
To earnestly be searching for the Truth gives you a lot in common with all of us here.  Thankfully we have a great source to help us in our search... BT.  I find that the articles there do build my understanding everytime I read them.
If you have a question let us know, there are people from all walks of life and from all around the world, that has many prespectives to share.

Here is a link to forum info that you might like to know.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kathy

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »

Welcome Steve,

If you are here I can guarantee they're aren't a lot of people that think like you (we) do.  The "few" are really few.

Bobby

Samson

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:09:33 PM »

Welcome Steve,

At first when I read Stevernator, I thought it said Terminator(only kidding). I concur with Bobby Proctor, very few and far between that think God isn't going to Endlessly punish by literal Fire or with endless death, its' a Pagan Lie that continues to be passed down through the centuries, fortunately the Truth is being passed around and through the centuries. Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. So fasten your seat belt Steve and get ready for the best spiritual ride thus far, great fellowship, learning and support and above all else Truth. Don't worry, its' not like the ride in the movie, Final Destination(only kidding again steve). Looking forward to your posts and comments as you enjoy the spiritual feast you are about to partake of.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Ray-Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »

welcome steve , lots to learn here (good stuff) i am a ole ga boy to ,from macon  Ray-Ray

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »

Welcome Steve,
I only wish that I had come across this site when I was your age, it would have saved me alot of heartaches.  (No seriously, the struggles made me who I am today, without the struggles, I would not have come to the truth or value it as much as I do today ;).  You have come to the right place! 

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »

Hi Ya Stevenentor

There are are a mixed bunch here, hope that we can make you feel at home.  Hope that the younger members take notice and contact you. 

Beloved 

Little Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »

Hi Steve!!

Glad you could join us!

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »

Hey Steve,

Nice to have you!! You will learn sooooooooo much!!!!! In such a short time!!!!
And never be able to stop reading!!!

I'm also from Atlanta Steve, nice to have you around!
Not very many here in Georgia

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »

Hi Steve

I do not know how far I have to go because all I see is a big block in front of me every time I experience exposure for having motives that are not seeking His Kingdom. Then I do not know how far I have to go but it is good to know Jesus has gone all the way and He is the One dragging me. It is good to know He is my friend when I fail or am attacked or belittled or put down. It is good to know He is helping me to endure the hardships and this Forum is a help.

Welcome to the Forum

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »

Amen Sis!! ;D

Stevernator

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone. That was a great encouragement arcturus. I'll try to keep that mind.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »

Hello Steve, I am a 26 yr old IT admin here in Atlanta. I am a newbie too to the forums but have been reading Ray's bible-truths website for a little over a year now. The teachings here are very informative and it great to find a place on the internet that has an understanding of His Word. I also look forward to discussing His Word with others on the forum.

Marques

LittleBear

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »

Ursula :)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »

Good morning Steve,

Welcome to the forum of Bible Truths.

I understand that you are recently of legal age and I imagine that you see your whole life ahead of you.  Graduation, new job, perhaps marriage and eventually children who respect, appreciate and depend upon you to guide them in the truth.  That is a lot of responsibility and presents lots of choices for any young person.

The truth that you are learning carries with it a large responsibility especially when we consider the numerous relationships that you will experience in the coming years.  I hope that you will be able to balance the responsibilities with the marvelous benefits that this special knowledge will afford.

In many or perhaps most instances, you will not be able to share the details of your special understanding with those around you.  There is a strong temptation to share because as you may have noted from other members of the forum, we all desire companions that believe the same things we believe.  It is our nature to desire and seek fellowship with comrades of like mind and finding even a few really good and trustworthy friends in one's lifetime is a blessing to be treasured.  However, you can share with everyone a caring and loving attitude that comes from the love of God within, that casts out all fear.

Are you ready to make a few sacrifices to gain an opportunity to serve God?  Are you ready to plan your future around the limitations that will affect you in your future as a believer?  Then only be courageous and trust God for every good thing in your life.

As an older man, age 72, I can tell you with all candor that I would not have missed anything of true value had I been called sooner, but I didn't know that.  We don't really know what we may have missed until we experience it for ourselves or learn from others, but with faith in God we can understand and accept that life will still be good and that we will have experiences to treasure while living our lives for God.

My advice then is to enjoy every day as it comes to you. Use care in personal relationships and if you find friends that you think you can trust, use wisdom; trust and verify.  Friends may disappoint you and even turn on you in rare cases, but God will never leave you or forsake you.  Put your trust in God and give him your loyalty and your life will be a blessing and a benefit to you and all those around you.

Please, write and share your college experiences with all of us on the forum.  We have much to learn in our journey and your experiences may be of great value to us.

Warm regards, Old Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.