bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 43: 18-19 [He is doing a new thing]  (Read 5703 times)

kweli

Isaiah 43: 18-19 [He is doing a new thing]
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »

Hi everybody

Haven’t been here for a while now. This may be a bit lengthy but I believe I have to bring it forth.

7 years ago I met someone and thought she was a gift from God. We met at College. A couple of months later I sort of fell off the bandwagon and forgot about God. We started working almost at the same time. Bought an apartment and a car and moved in together. Lived like there was no tomorrow and partied like rock stars on steroids. Everything was just 'perfect', especially at our age.

Then God redirected our paths. She became a complete stranger and started doing all sorts of unnamable (if there’s no such word, you can imagine what I’m trying to express here) things. I remember at that time I used to just read the bible a lot not necessarily conscious of the effects of that (I had a lot of free time when she was out doing whatever it is she was doing). God was doing His will in my life and I couldn’t have told you for sure then.

One Friday we both went back to our different homes as we usually did once a month. Everything was ‘normal’. On Monday, upon returning to our ‘home’, we had such a fierce argument that we broke up. Apparently she thought I wouldn’t cope without her so she got furious when she found out that I was actually ‘dragged’ back to God. She tried all sorts of things to derail me, from trying to get me arrested, to dragging my name and family in the mud, to getting lawyers in the picture for things I stole from her, apparently.

We met for the first time 9 months later and I tried in every way possible to avoid her. Now here’s why I’m going on and on to you all about this. God is in complete control. See I’d always felt that although God was revealing His truths to me, something was missing. Little did I know, it would be revealed by someone who was somehow involved in our breaking up; her sister. She spoke so much scriptural sense for someone who does not necessarily believe in a Supreme Being. Later that day, I was reminded of Isaiah 43:18-19 and the verses on loving over hating (pretty surprised to find there’re so many).

I’m pleased to say that I now know peace in a way I cant explain. What happened was essential for my spiritual development. I’m living proof (prrof for me though. very important to note). I’ve learned to appreciate more.

I wanted to share this with everybody. I don’t know why but I was compelled to, somehow. I had to be a ‘rock star on steroids’ first, for me to get dragged here. I make no claim that I’m there yet (not even remotely close) but I’m here now. This may just be ordinary day-to-day drama for some, but it’s these sort of experiences that show my lack of control, which is usually when God shows up. So for anybody who’s going through tribulations of any sort, remember this: He is “…doing a new thing.” (v 19, NIV). And what happens when you want to put new wine? Use old wine skins?

All Glory to God
Kweli

carol v

Re: Isaiah 43: 18-19 [He is doing a new thing]
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »

Thanks for pointing out these verses today Kweli. Have you seen the movie "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada."  I loved that movie because that's how I have found God to work in my own life. You should try to rent it. The main character also parties like a rock star on steroids until God decides to rake him over a few coals and burn out some flesh. Great stuff.

It's amazing how we can look back at our 'stuff' and see where God was working all the time. I, too, thought I was living outside of God's influence for many years. I used to argue with him out loud and too myself all the time for decades. I was mostly arguing about the false Christian doctrine that just didn't make sense but I assumed at the time was true. Even when I started believing again I was arguing. Then He led me to the Lake of Fire series and all that  changed.

Interesting that you say you "thought she was a gift from God." She was indeed. It's just many of the gifts God gives us have a purpose we don't understand. She was a stepping stone in your walk as you were for her. Have glorious day...

Grateful

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »

Hi Kweli and Carol ! 

Hallelujah, hallelujah, HALLELUJAHO  HALLELUJAH!!!

Wonderful !!   :D :D

Have a very fair day, and BE WELL !!

Linda

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »

Amen Kweli

Through the experience of evil you have come to appreciate and discern what is good, true and of good report. Praise to our Lord that He has revealed His work in you and His Victory as He leads you in repentance and strengthening wisdom to obey.

Thank you for sharing.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

brandon h

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:42:05 AM »

Great testimony Kweli. I just popped in for a second and your post is the first I've read tonight. God be with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.