bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming Out Question?  (Read 6214 times)

DocTN

Coming Out Question?
« on: March 18, 2006, 12:46:20 PM »

If the Lord wants us to come out of the church. Why then, did Paul state that it was a "good" thing for one to seek a position in the church?
including administering directives for qualifications in Timothy and Titus.

eutychus

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »

the Church is the body of Christ.

its the wording, that confuses.

everytime paul mention the church, it was understood to be the body,
not a denomination or a building.

when people say the"church" is babylon, they do a diservice.

the rub is what truley is mystery babylon.

the  pew dwellers  that are still not regenerated are not in the body of Christ, even though they go
to church every sat and or sunday.

eutychus

Mickyd

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 11:29:43 PM »

or where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Mat 18:20

It doesn't matter where you assemble...wheather you are with 5 or 500.

Sonia

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:39:59 AM »

I have never been in a church organisation which claimed that it alone was the body of Christ. I know some groups do, but every church I have attended has taught that the true Church--the body of Christ--is composed of the elect of God.

So ... why did Paul establish "churches" and appoint elders and deacons, if we aren't supposed to be part of it?
Sonia

rvhill

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 05:14:27 AM »

this forem is a Church, even this thread is

Chris R

hi
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 09:02:12 AM »

Quote from: Sonia
I have never been in a church organisation which claimed that it alone was the body of Christ. I know some groups do, but every church I have attended has taught that the true Church--the body of Christ--is composed of the elect of God.

So ... why did Paul establish "churches" and appoint elders and deacons, if we aren't supposed to be part of it?
Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Thats a good question,

Here's how I see it now, All these things are established for those called and chosen,  Even the Evil of this world has a cause.

We cannot "see" if we were never "blind". All things must have a opposite in order for us to comprehend both.

We cannot find our first love, if in fact, we never lost it. Nor can we COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, if in fact we were never in her.

The purpose and plan of God is far to great a subject to write about in a short note on a forum, but for whatever it's worth, Gods plan has not changed one iota.

Peace

Chris R

roperfam

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »

For me, coming out of the church, is really about going onto spiritual maturity/perfection.  It is about being broken/crushed, coming to the point of complete disgust with self, the wretched man, and turning to Christ, and Christ alone.

eutychus

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »

Quote from: roperfam
For me, coming out of the church, is really about going onto spiritual maturity/perfection.  It is about being broken/crushed, coming to the point of complete disgust with self, the wretched man, and turning to Christ, and Christ alone.

isnt that when you really become a part of the church?

roperfam

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:03:30 AM »

Quote from: eutychus

The true church, the body of Christ.  Yes I think so.  I see your point re: the true church verses Babylon.  

I know many, my children included, who have been given faith in Christ, believe in his death, burial, and resurrection for their salvation.  Yet they do not yet understand the need to die daily, to partake of the sufferings of Christ, to be as he is, to be Holy as he is Holy.  

Are they the church, the body of Christ?, or are they Babylon?  To some extent, am I a part of the body of Christ?, or am i still in Babylon?  My eyes are being opened, but maturity isnt' here yet.

eutychus

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 11:10:19 AM »

Quote from: eutychus

The true church, the body of Christ.  Yes I think so.  I see your point re: the true church verses Babylon.  

I know many, my children included, who have been given faith in Christ, believe in his death, burial, and resurrection for their salvation.  Yet they do not yet understand the need to die daily, to partake of the sufferings of Christ, to be as he is, to be Holy as he is Holy.  

Are they the church, the body of Christ?, or are they Babylon?  To some extent, am I a part of the body of Christ?, or am i still in Babylon?  My eyes are being opened, but maturity isnt' here yet.

laren,
 greetings,
your children are blessed and will grow!! they too will have problems,
but Christ WILL finish the work!!

as for you, your heart is twords the Lord, you are humble to the point of
learning and being teachable, so you are NOT in babylon.

love
eutychus

roperfam

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:26:30 PM »

I was reading strong delusion this morning, and found this paragraph by Mike enlightening.  I often get stuck into the thinking that only the extreme spiritually mature/perfect will be in the first resurrection.  But according to this, it is not how mature we are, it is what we do with what we've been given.  

Mike writes:

Now, let us suppose that all who read this paper, fully realize the absolute necessity of 'leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ and going on unto maturity.'

How then, now, are we to perceive our brothers and sisters who may not have this knowledge.

Are those who are aware of the pit of chronic spiritual immaturity the only ones who will be in the first resurrection? No, God is not the least bit impressed with the degree of our maturity, nor with the depth of our understanding or knowledge.

In fact there are several scriptures which indicate that knowledge tends to become a curse to most who have it. For example, Paul was given a thorn in the flesh...lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations (II Cor. 12:7).

And he also gives us this warning: Knowledge puffeth up, but charity [love] edifieth (I Core. 8:5).

You see, God is love, so that is what we must become.

Mat 25:15 tells us: And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability.

So a spiritually mature Christian never exalts himself over others. He realizes that any 'talent' that he has, was given to him of God.

But this parable goes on to demonstrate that God does not judge us so much by how much we produce.

God judges us by what we do with what we have been given. If we are mature, it will be of God. If we are called at the eleventh hour, and are not as mature as others, rest assured,God knows what we have done with what we have been given.

My eleven year old son so much wants to be a good Christian.  Last night he was talking to me about how it bothers him that so many of his friends at school cuss.  He prays every night before bed for God to forgive him for his sins he did that day.  It gives me such joy to see him desire from his heart to do what Jesus wants him to do, even in his limited understanding.

Gill

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »

Thanks for posting that, Laren.  I often wonder how i'll ever be in the first resurrection ~ i really should get on and read 'Strong Delusion'.  Incidentally, do you think that bringing children up with scriptual truths and disciplining them is their version of the 'schoolmaster' Gal 3:24-25 ?
Sorry, DocTN for getting off track  #-o .

roperfam

Coming Out Question?
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 09:48:44 PM »

Quote from: Gill
Thanks for posting that, Laren.  I often wonder how i'll ever be in the first resurrection ~ i really should get on and read 'Strong Delusion'.  Incidentally, do you think that bringing children up with scriptual truths and disciplining them is their version of the 'schoolmaster' Gal 3:24-25 ?
Sorry, DocTN for getting off track  #-o .

Interesting question.  Yeah, first thots would be it would be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.