bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scripture search help  (Read 3764 times)

phazel

Scripture search help
« on: February 06, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »

Once in a while I get drawn to refresh my spirit about my past and reconcile it with  many things i have learned at bible truths.

My past drug abuse I clearly in my heart am free from.  I have no desire whatsoever to do anything like that again.  I also am thankful that God saw fit to allow me to understand others who have not been freed to see that God is in control so I do not feel superior to them because "I" made a "better" choice than they did.

With that said.  I often need refreshed about Gods will.    Some would say that God does not desire for me to have been on drugs in the first place, so I cannot hold God responsible.  A conflicted God would not have caused me to get on drugs then free me from them later only to have me see that millions of others remain in bondage to the same things. 

So if any of that is understandable to read, I  would like some scripture help to kinda refresh my thinking that  God  is responsible for that in my past, is responsible for others who remain in that bondage, but it still is out of his love and purpose that he is responsible for it. 

Maybe some questions to help.
Did God actually desire that for me? Is there a difference between Gods Desire and his Will for a greater purpose.

For instance,  I never took pleasure in discipling my sons due to their reaction, but I knew it was necessary.   Is there scripture describing this?

Well, anyway, I hope I didn't ramble to much, lol

Phil3:10

Re: Scripture search help
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

Phazel,
I am nearly 66 years old and it has taken me until this past year to really believe that GOD is all in all. Thankfully, I have never been on drugs but some of my habits are probably worse. I used to fear death, judgement, hell, etc. but now do not fear same. I am beginning to believe that GOD is in full control of everything and even the choices that I make are influenced by HIM. What GOD desire HE will accomplish and I am sure all our troubles, sins and evil ways are ordained of HIM to achieve what HE desires. Just be thankful that He does chastise those HE loves for HIS purposes.
As Ray said in one of his answers to a person regarding GOD. "I don't have 'doubts about GOD' nor do I question how HE is running HIS Creation.  That doesn't mean that I completely understand everything, however."
Every word, desire, wish, will, pleasure of GOD will be fulfilled. Matthew 6:10 and Isiah 46:10-11. His plan is perfect.
Phil3:10

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Scripture search help
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

Hi Phazel
EVERYONE goes AGAINST God's WILL. That is God's PLAN. God's PLAN and God's WILL are entirely two separate things. Just like God's Responsibility for His Creation does not cancel accountability for His Creations carnal desires and lusts of the flesh.

As I know God, He does not take any pleasure in carnality or the consequences of carnality which is death. I know God made Evil and Good to teach humankind to know the differences so that we can become like God who can not be fooled, deceived or mislead. God knows and understands what is good and HE knows what is Evil. He created both. He wants children to be as wise as He is that is how and why He is creating humankind "...TO KNOW GOOD FROM EVIL...Gen 3 : 22 which is the process through which God is still making man into the Image of His Son who is one with Him.

The teachings on this are in the LOF series. There are no other scriptures per se that I can short cut, quick fix, give to answer your questions. I hope this has helped though and hope also that it encourages you to study the deep insights and teachings available to you here.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:59:03 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.