bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jude  (Read 4390 times)

Truth101

Jude
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:18 PM »

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering about Jude speaking of we humans saving. I have been having a discussion over this passage of Jude in particular.

Jud 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22  And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

I had told him that we merely preach the gospil but it is God alone that saves. But he insists that that does not answer the question. I tried telling him this is a relative statment in Jude but hes one of those who give more power to the relative than to the absolute.
I was just wondering if anyone could shed a little light on this to for once close the door on this issue.
I have been discussing this with him for some time but he is stuck on simple issues as this.

God bless, Dave

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: Jude
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »

Hi Truth,

I looked at this scripture in the literal.
Youngs Literal says for verse 23.

(Jud 1:23)  and some in fear save ye, out of the fire snatching, hating even the coat from the flesh spotted.

I read that as            " and some in fear, safe ye."          meaning those in fear save from the bondage of fear by sharing the gospel. Not salvation. Can you see what i mean  i may be wrong though.

God Bless Sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »

I think many have been pulled out of the fire of false teachings here in BT! ;D

It is by His Spirit that we understand.

Zec 4 : 6 Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord of Hosts.

You will not be able to lift an eyelash on your friends eye if it is not in the Plan of God for him to see at this time.

Perhaps you need to revisit the teaching at http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm. This is not to put you down but to inspire and encourage you.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »

Hi Dave,

To expand a little more on what Arcturus was saying, BT is the means by which many are being saved.  Ray has used this verse in Corinthians many times in referring to what he is doing.

1Co 1:21  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.

But any of us who have the Holy Spirit indwelling, can be the means By which God saves someone.  As Paul states in this verse...

1Co 9:22  to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

But Paul makes it clear in Ephesians exactly how anyone is saved.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Truth101

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

Sansmile:
 Yes I agree, when viewed through the eyes of Universal redemption and the fact that we can do nothing apart form Christ it is untter foolishness to see this as anything other than what you and I see it as. I plainly see it as a relative truth meaning, relatively in the process of sharing the gospil those who have been given eyes to see and ears to hear the what we share with them are saved from the bondage of fear and that it is not us literally saving them out of a literal fire as my friend suggests.

Arcturus:
I agree with you also, the whole reason he cannot see this simple truth is because he is still yet blind and cannot see for, the simple things of God are foolishness to him.

Kat:
Hi Kat, Absolutely. The scriptures you have pulled fully cover this subject and this is what I was trying to relay to him but I guess its a lost cause as far as me having anythign to do with him seeing it (of course:)).

Thanks for all of your replies.

God Bless, Dave
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:11:25 PM by Truth101 »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »

Hi All,

What I believe Jude is speaking of contains both the shadow and the spiritual fulfilment of this shadow as it applies to the elect in this life being an example and when asked a question being prepared to give an answer (1Peter 3:15).

It also speaks of the elect after the resurrection bringing in the Fall Harvest (of all humanity especially the OT Prophets)

Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

The elect in this earthly life have different experiences and different weaknesses to overcome, could this be how the Lord is preparing His chosen for different roles with different responsibilities as they (led by Christ) bring in the Fall Harvest?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.