bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Immaculate conception  (Read 14599 times)

JoshuaDavid

Immaculate conception
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 02:56:36 AM »

Damnable heresies must come into the fold, so the ones who are approved among us will be made manifest. Follow Lord Christ not christianity. Shalom to all the brethren.

Bob Miller

Immaculate conception
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

Hey Alucard, your name spelled backwards is DRACULA :twisted:

Ha! Ha!  #-o

Mickyd

Immaculate conception
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »

This is something that I have been thinking about.....but does anyone here think that maybe there is some sort of "Spiritual" significance between the mother of God being a virgin and the wife of God being a whore?

I don't know....maybe I'm reading too much into it....but, something keeps telling me there is something important that we are missing.

Bob Miller

Immaculate conception
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 11:49:58 PM »

Quote from: Mickyd
This is something that I have been thinking about.....but does anyone here think that maybe there is some sort of "Spiritual" significance between the mother of God being a virgin and the wife of God being a whore?

I don't know....maybe I'm reading too much into it....but, something keeps telling me there is something important that we are missing.

Mickyd what do you mean "THE WIFE OF GOD BEING A WHORE" :roll:

Don't tell me you believe in the "Davinci Codes" (It is a fictional work)
The author states this right on the cover [Novel

Mark J.

Immaculate conception
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 12:04:27 AM »

Maaaaaaaaaaany, many, many years ago I had it explained to me.

The details are a bit fuzzy with time, but basically, I received a detailed run down of Mary and Josephs family tree.

Mary was from Davids line, (on the servant side of the household), but Joseph was not of Davids line. To fulfill the prophecy, Jesus had to come from Davids line.

Again, if memory serves, this was also a sticky point of the Jews as to whether He could be the messiah, because joseph was certainly not of David's line, and Mary being of the servant lineage was probably viewed as a weak link.

If I've messed this up, i'm happy to be corrected.

That she WAS a virgin at Jesus birth has been shown beyond refute scripturally in this thread. Also that she didn't remain a virgin after His birth is scripturally without question. Not to mention what would common sense tell you?

What the Catholics have done to the poor woman is reprehensible. She was God's vessel, used to achieve His ends. At the end of the day, aren't we all?

I must hunt down the family tree again, as i did find it really interesting at the time.

Bob Miller

Immaculate conception
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »

Sorry Mickyd! I've got a lot to learn :oops: As you know I just came to the site, so I'll try to refrain from what I think I know and remain humble :wink:

Feed The Sheep!   Baaaaaaa!!!!!

Mickyd

Immaculate conception
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »

Quote from: Bob Miller
Sorry Mickyd! I've got a lot to learn :oops: As you know I just came to the site, so I'll try to refrain from what I think I know and remain humble :wink:

Feed The Sheep!   Baaaaaaa!!!!!

Tis ok Bob. Sorry to come off as being so rough. I just did'nt know how to explain any differant.

Sorin

Immaculate conception
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 01:25:28 AM »

Ha! Ha!  #-o

Yeah I knew that. It's from a video game titled; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Alucard is the Son of Dracula, who's mother is human thus making him half human half vampire. and you have to eventually defeat Dracula at the end. :lol:

alucard

Immaculate conception
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 01:34:36 AM »

Quote from: Sorin

Ha! Ha!  #-o

Yeah I knew that. It's from a video game titled; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Alucard is the Son of Dracula, who's mother is human thus making him half human half vampire. and you have to eventually defeat Dracula at the end. :lol:

actually it's from something just a little bit different try searching HELLSING with two L's and you'll see who the alucard i chose is.

WARNING 17 or older no nudity just language and gore

OhioRob

Immaculate conception
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 05:46:05 AM »

I am not trying to be crass here but. isn't " being overshadowed by The Holy Spirit" a euphamisim for having sex? Mary didn't KNOW any MAN. But she was KOWN by God. Right?  Kind of like the sons of God knew the daughters of man in Gen. chapter 6.  My understanding is that the greeks did not have a word for the hebrew word in Isaiah that the Greeks translated Virgin.  Like a heifer is not a  bovine that did not have sex. It is one that did not yet have a calf. Again Mary knew not a man. But God "knew "Mary

OhioRob

Immaculate conception
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

No Thoughts?

Daniel

Immaculate conception
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 09:01:43 PM »

OhioRob,

I haven't questioned this after the way you have, I try to see the Spiritual truths in the gospel and pretty much avoid mans reasonings after it. Paul shared the gospel not with human wisdom and when he spake like a man he would say.

I see the birth in scripture as an allegory Paul refers. Made of a woman under the law is as a spiritual truth in relation to Christ, not having anything to do with carnal sex or anything like that.

She is as an allegory.

Gal 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Thats how I see it, and I can only see what I see by the will of God.

Daniel

chrissiela

Immaculate conception
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 09:48:04 PM »

Daniel, I have NO idea what you just said???  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

NO OFFENSE!!!!  :shock:  :D

OhioBob,

When you refer to the daughter of men and the sons of God are you referring to 'human' woman intermingling (or having sex with) 'spiritual' (or angelic) 'BEINGS'? I know that that is something that is taught or how those verses are sometime 'understood' by some.

But BOTH are referring to 'humans'....

one can be a son/daughter 'of God' or one can be a son/daughter 'of men'.

Sort of like those IN the church (sons of God) intermingling (or being "unequally yoked" if you will) with those OUTSIDE of the church (daughters of men).

Just as one can have Satan as a "father".

See what I mean? I can explain it better later and give references, but I have to 'run' for awhile....

... or you might try doing a search on the *not-allowed* website. I am sure that Mike has something there that explains this. (not sure if there is a search function at the BT's website, but if so you could try there, too). Otherwise I will post more later or reference the link for you.

Blessings,

Chrissie

OhioRob

Immaculate conception
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 10:18:27 PM »

Chrissie, I follow your reasoning. But unions between humans and humans result in humans. not Nephillium right? I read somewhere that these unions in Gen 6 have a direct bearing on explaining Pauls teaching in Corinthians 11 about women wearing head coverings "because of the Angels". I know that Sons of God can refer to man, but in Job it is referring to Angels isn't it? When Jesus says that in the kingdom we wont be givin in marriage but will be as the Angels, does he mean we will be sexless, or all SONS of God.

Daniel, thanks for your response. How do you discern between what is allaory and what is literal?

Daniel

Immaculate conception
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »

Daniel, I have NO idea what you just said???   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

NO OFFENSE!!!!  :shock:  :D  

None taken :lol: I'll pray for you Chrissie :lol:

Daniel

Daniel

Immaculate conception
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 11:47:17 AM »

Daniel, thanks for your response. How do you discern between what is allaory and what is literal?

I wouldn't know if the Spirit doesn't teach me Rob. Paul had the light of the gospel. Notice he didn't say as theologians say, "Born of a virgin" although in scripture it says this. He says in regard to Mary, who I see as an allegory, "made of a woman under the law" and shows the spiritual truth after the law in regards to her along with the "many" concerning the child.

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child[/u] is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;[/u]

Luke 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy OWN SOUL also,) THAT the thoughts of MANY hearts may be revealed.

Its just how I see it. What comes to light that is hidden in darkness (our hearts) is by "the sign" (Him) who is spoken against. No man can tame the tongue, and what proceeds out of the mouth defiles a man. Paul speaks about speaking evil of no man, to put that off as its part of the old man, casting off the deeds of darkness etc. I can see the being "spoken against" here as well.

1Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.[/u]

He has interesting ways in how He is glorified, seems a not so contrary part and a contrary part, working it out for his own purpose. Thats only how I see it as I have been taught this far.

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.