bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Son Of Man?  (Read 4432 times)

mharrell08

What does Son Of Man?
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »

What does the title Son of Man mean? I have done a search on the website for "son of man" but have only found articles with users using the term but never defiining it. This is my first post so if the definition is somewhere on the site, go easy on me as I am just a newbie. It is great to fellowship and communicate with others who are like minded in the truths of God and his Word. Thanks in advance.

Marques
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:02:43 PM by mharrell08 »

Kat

Re: What does Son Of Man?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:24:44 PM »

Hi Marques,

I'm glad you have joined us and we don't mind questions  :)
It's good that you are reading Ray's articles and there are always going to be those questions that make us wonder.  The fellowship here is really great and it so nice to have others to discuss these things with.

I did find a small section where Ray somewhat explains this term "Son of Man."  I hope this will help.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm --------------------------

Jesus identified with our humanity when He said: "Simon, Simon… Martha, Martha…" Jesus was profoundly human. He was after all, the humble servant as the Son of man. But He was also the wise and powerful Son of God. Jesus spoke gently with the meek, but His speech EXPLODED with the wicked.
------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »

Son of man refers to mankind.

We are sons of men.

Son of God refers to being created or born of God.

Jesus Christ was the son of man, He was born of a virgin women but He was also the Son of God because He was born of God, taken out of God.

The angels are sons of God because they are created by God but not sons of men because they are not born of women in the flesh.

So we have quiet the honor seeing as we can be both sons of men as Christ was and also Sons of God when we are finaly born into the Kingdom of God when this flesh has been overcome through the mighty power of Christ Jesus in us!

I hope that helps.

God bless,

Alex

P.S. That's my understanding, if ya want the scriptures, ill search them up. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:41:43 AM »

Son of man refers to mankind.

We are sons of men.

Son of God refers to being created or born of God.

Jesus Christ was the son of man, He was born of a virgin women but He was also the Son of God because He was born of God, taken out of God.

The angels are sons of God because they are created by God but not sons of men because they are not born of women in the flesh.

So we have quiet the honor seeing as we can be both sons of men as Christ was and also Sons of God when we are finaly born into the Kingdom of God when this flesh has been overcome through the mighty power of Christ Jesus in us!

I hope that helps.

God bless,

Alex

P.S. That's my understanding, if ya want the scriptures, ill search them up. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

I think this description and the one Kat displayed are good answers. Thanks

Marques

MSenter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »

I think it means "in the flesh" Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.