bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This is awful!  (Read 12902 times)

Sorin

This is awful!
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »

Level 3 Sex Offender Wins Big In Lottery

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15264847/detail.html

UXBRIDGE, Mass. -- A convicted Level 3 sex offender has won $10 million in the Massachusetts State Lottery.

The Worcester Gazette & Telegram reports 56-year-old Daniel Snay, of Uxbridge, could now face charges because he failed to notify authorities that he had moved, according to Connecticut State Police.

“I’m flabbergasted,” Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance told the Telegram. “His whereabouts, until you told me about this, have been unknown to us. But I guess you could say he’s very fortunate.”
sponsor

Snay works driving trucks for a yacht dealership in Mendon. He won the $10 million from a $20 scratch ticket purchased at Cumberland Farms in Hopedale.

But the lottery winnings also come with unwanted publicity.

“He was concerned, but there’s not much you can do about it,” said Snay’s lawyer Joseph M. Fabricotti. “We talked about it and he understood this was one of the repercussions that could happen.”

Snay’s record of sexual assaults dates back to 1974. He has been convicted six times of indecent assault and battery in Massachusetts. Level 3 offenders are considered the most dangerous and the most likely to commit another crime.

Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this very upsetting! A sex offender, wins 10 million dollars? Why would a sovereign God allow this? Why can't I win 10 million dollars? Or even 1 million? It'll keep my father from going bankrupt, and losing the stupid home he worked so hard to build, and sell in an attempt to make some kind of profit. Plus from losing the little home he is currently living in. Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong, for a sex offender to win 10 million?

Samson

Re: This is awful!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »

Hey brother Sorin,

That sounds like " Murphys Law " to me, I thought I'd heard everything, but this one takes the cake, this bit of information you provided, blows me away. Some of the rest of us are clawing, scraping in this dog eat dog world and this guy wins 10 million dollars, wait until I tell my wife, she's napping right now, she might say, wake me up from this nightmare.

Your Brother, Samson.

GODSown1

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:29:41 PM »

Hey brother Sorin,
                      I believe U watch dis Space , dis actually happened 2 my niece & her Grand dad not my dad my sisters boi friends dad, He molestered my niece frm da age of 4 2 da age of about 11 yrz old, But! he got away wit it even tho der was all dis evidence against him, but! bcoz my niece jus wanted it all 2 Stop she jus let it go & he went scott Free. But! den he won da Lotto like half a million or so & dis ended up being his downfall I believe da money he had he thort could buy his SICK doingz, But! waz he so wrong, he tried it on sum other gurl & she ran away & he ended up in Jail 4 a longtime! BUT!! he ended uP Hanging himself, sO all PraisE 2 GOD, sO I jus say brother "Watch dis SpacE", sorry! if ive got dis all wrong brother, GOD BlesS! & may HIS PeacE b withn U & urZ...
                        muchLOVE!! Pera

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:51:12 PM »

Hi Sorin, Samson & Pera,

This was a constant source of amazement to me not so long ago (admittedly at times still is) and apparently also to many of the "men of old" in the OT as well, so many of those who are obviously selfish, corrupt, prideful even perverted with no shame whatsoever seem to be blessed beyond measure.

Ecc 7:15 All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.

Jer 12:1  Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

But are we seeing this clearly? Are we taking into account the end result as well as the vapor that is this present life on earth? 

Does comfort in this world translate to a comfortable transition into the ages to come? I believe we know the answer.

Job 20:15  He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly.

Isa 3:11  Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

I think Psalm 73 is very appropriate in this thread.

Psalm 73

1Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

2But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

3For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.

5They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.

6Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.

7Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.

8They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.

9They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.

10Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.

11And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?

12Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

13Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

14For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.

15If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.

16When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;

17Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

18Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.

19How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

20As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

21Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.

22So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

27For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

28But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

We must constantly keep this in mind although I know it is much easier said than done, this is our present reality and we are surrounded by conflicting images and ideals and at times we are just plain weary and therefore more susceptable to the cares and treasures of this world taking our eyes off of the real Treasure of God's Universe, seen and unseen.

Pro 3:11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Pro 3:12  For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Pro 3:13  Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Pro 3:14  For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:    Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Pro 30:8-9

I would have to beleive the above verse speaks to worldly wealth, and just how much or how little is perfect for us....neither poverty OR wealth. Middle class seems to be the best recipe for a peacful mind.

As for the man who won the money, Hopefully he has repented of that sinful behavior, as i find myself no better than he, and quite capable of the same sins, given the same circumstances.

Chris R

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »

Just goes to show you satan still has power in this world. he is allowed to cause things so evil, and shocking.
Love the Lord you God with all you heart mind and soul, and all other things will come in their due time.

Randy

musicman

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »

The wicked are prospering all over the place.  Big time drug dealers make a fortune because selling drugs is illegal.  Hell fire teachers prosper through the sell of fear.  With what we know now, none of this should bother us that much.

gmik

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

Sorin, once in a while these things bother me too, But, did you read, really read the scriptures that Joe showed us?

Do we DESIRE nothing in this life but HIM???  Do we love HIM w/ our whole being? Do we accept where we are planted???  Do we accept HIS will for our life???

Ps 73 vs 17-23...reread....I don't want to be as a Beast, ignorant and foolish before Him.  Let the ungodly have their riches here, what does that matter to me??

Alll you other posters had great stuff too. Chris I liked that scripture. Musicman and Randy so true!!

Hi Pera, glad to see you here! Wow that was some story!!

One thing I am glad about my journey--being charismatic did have some perks. I fell in love w/ Jesus Christ and wanted nothing more than to be close w/ Him.  That meant being in HIS WORD.  Getting to know Him, and "talking" to Him all the time.  So at times when I see unfair things(as I see it) I tend to fall back onto my old ways of praising Him till I feel close again and TRUST that it will all work out.

dewey

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

Hey folks,there is a bright side if it gives you comfort, however it does not me,I dont say that because I  have money .I dont have a pot to ---.I say that because I  love Gods creation,all of it .Check it out MT19;24] read it all the way through. Well of course its a parable,but than show me one scripture that means what it says. But  have proof ,or dont bother.In Jesus name love to all.
     dewey

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »

Check it out MT19;24] read it all the way through. Well of course its a parable,but than show me one scripture that means what it says.

Mat 19:24  And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Hi Dewey,

Mar 4:13  And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

It means what all parables teach; "many called, few chosen."

But what is meant by rich? Is it the complacent, the ones who believe they are already "saved?" They said the twenty second prayer as they made the alter call and now are complete in the Lord, no need for anything other than looking out there somewhere for "the beast" and "the antichrist."

I believe the following verses help to "flesh out" Matthew 19:24

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »

Hi Joe

The inverse number of that most encouraging Psalm 73 you quoted is Psalm 37!

FRET NOT yourself because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness 2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass and wither as the green herb.  :)

I think that the Spirit of our Lord tests the strength of our attachments to external THINGS by putting in our face the wicked ones who have not won favor with God but demonstrate only favor with Mammon.

Not good for the end results for either those who envy them or those who ARE THEM! Where our heart is at....

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)

GODSown1

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »

Hey Thanks Gina muuaahhh!!!!,
                                       I hav jus been doin wot GOD has me 2 dO  :D, GOD BlesS U sista I Pray uR Life is All in GODS faVor sista, PeaCe b 2 U & urZ..
                                      muchLOVE!! Pera

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »

The inverse number of that most encouraging Psalm 73 you quoted is Psalm 37!

FRET NOT yourself because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness 2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass and wither as the green herb.  :)

I think that the Spirit of our Lord tests the strength of our attachments to external THINGS by putting in our face the wicked ones who have not won favor with God but demonstrate only favor with Mammon.

Not good for the end results for either those who envy them or those who ARE THEM! Where our heart is at....

Good find Arcturus!

Learning patience and trusting in God does not come easily, either to me or anyone else (IMO) and since everything outside our 5 senses and our own personal experiences require faith it is a difficult task, even impossible without His Spirit within guiding, comforting and teaching us.

Putting aside our own sense of justice and our own reasoning is something our carnal "old man" hangs on to with great vigor, even in his death throes the carnal man holds on to them fighting every inch of the way sometimes rearing his (wounded yet healed) head at the most unexpected times.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

LittleBear

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »

Hi Joe,

That's true! We don't see the end result. I know in my present circumstances, there are days when I am so carnal, all I see is what misery I'm in. Then there are other days when the spirit of God speaks loud and clear, and I trust Him with everything that I have in me. We don't even have to look at the evil sex offender. All we have to see is the evil that is in us, and then in our circumstances, we can trust God that He is working in our lives to conform us into the image of Christ. One day we will be like Him. But not yet, not today, there are still things that He needs to work in our lives. And in the evil sex offender's life too.

Gena, thank you!
Do we DESIRE nothing in this life but HIM???  Do we love HIM w/ our whole being? Do we accept where we are planted???  Do we accept HIS will for our life???
Yes, yes, yes and yes!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:50 PM »

Hi Ursula,

Your post really nailed it, none of us are good of our own selves, any good fruits we display come from faith He gives us and His Spirit within us.

We are all capable of horrific sins along with the ability to justify anything we do, until of course He begins drawing us closer and closer to Him. Then all the foundations that were built on sand come crashing down, not easily and not without tribulation but the end result is more wonderful than we are capable of imagining! We have the Lord's promise.

Thank you Sister!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Yes its' true, our circumstances, where we were born would have given us a different frame of reference or path. What I mean by that, is we could have been born in the darkest jungles of Africa as part of some tribe of Pygmies or Born as a member of a group of Eskimoes near the Artic Circle or lived in an environment where their was extreme sexual, physical, emotional and spiritual abuse. We could have had an upbringing like Charles Manson. Their are people born in China, India, and some obscure parts of the globe who haven't even heard of Jesus Christ. As all of us know, most of the people in the U.S.A. don't believe Jesus Christ is really the Savior of the whole world and is fully capable of doing so. Their are so many factors beyond our control that we aren't even consciously aware of that dictate what will eventually happen. We are gratefull and content knowing that God our Father has the whole thing under his control, if we can focus on that as much as possible, we feel contentment and at peace. As Humans we who try to Love are fellow man still have a distaste towards the injustices of our World, but then we regroup our thoughts knowing God is going to work out something good from these injustices and set matters straight in HIS TIME FRAME.

Just Some Reflections, Samson.

gzeigler

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »

Hello everyone,

I heard once that money, typically in abundance or from a windfall, gives the recipient greater ability to express themselves.  That is whatever their character, personality, interpersonal relationships, work habits, etc, with additional monies at their disposal, they have greater opportunity to express these things (good or bad). 

Winning the lottery is rare and exciting.  The fact this gentleman won most likely has nothing to do with his past or character.  He paid for a ticket, scratched a box, and qualified as a winner.  No mystery.  Opportunity and preparedness met at the same time (as far as $10M goes, not the follow-on notoriety). 

For those of us facing financial challenges, consider the following, to the extent you serve (either the classes or the masses) will be the limit or extent of your rewards in life.

Grace and peace,
gtz
Oceanside, CA

Samson

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »

Hello gzeigler,

Yes, I concur with the winning the lottery aspect of this article, the "luck" of the draw that knows no morality. In my case, prior to your comment, I was focusing on his being a convict with a sex offender status and that we don't know his past life experiences and environment. I actually worked in a Prison at one time as a Corrections Officer and usually Sex Offenders are the best behaved inmates, probably because they wish to remain anonymous and are a potential target from other inmates who look upon them as the lowest of the low, but they usually are model prisoners. They defintely need help, its' good to know that God is going to eventually help them and then they won't be that way anymore.

Your Brother, Samson.

phazel

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »

My family looks at me with incredible disbelief when I tell them I do not want to win a lottery so I will not buy a ticket.   If I won a lottery and had millions of dollars at my disposal I would be dead in a years time or soon after. 

I would quit work and lounge around and wither away to nothing.   This is not to say that anyone who wins the lottery will do this.  I just know myself and I have gotten away from doing drugs and other self abusing things due to having to work hard to make ends meet.

I have been blessed by that trial of life and will not give it up.   My prayer is that if my wife wins the lottery, that it will be Gods will and timing that my growth in the Lord will be of sufficient means to prevent my earthly demise in that manner.

Phil3:10

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »

My prayer is for this guy to use his winnings wisely and not to hurt any other children. I do not know his circumstances but do know this could happen to anyone as GOD wills.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.