bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus talk.  (Read 4806 times)

Sorin

Jesus talk.
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS FOR THEIR GROSS SINS
[selections from Matthew 23]

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be born, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE.

From Ray's: You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!

--------------------------------

There are those who say that well, even though Jesus upbraided the cities, we are NOT Jesus, we are not Holy, and we shouldn't talk that way. In other words, Jesus can do it, but we may not. That because Jesus died for them, He can talk like that to the religious hypocrites' but we may not. Need I remind these people that, we are SUPPOSED to be like Jesus. 1 Peter 2:21
And that since Jesus was without sin, anything we do, that He did, is likewise, no sin. I mean, how hard can this be to understand?

Peace,
Sorin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 12:29:53 AM by Sorin »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Jesus talk.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »

Hi Sorin

This is an interesting discussion you open up here.

I believe the centre point of being like Christ is to obey God, study the Scriptures and become like Christ in His honesty and unfeigned affection and obedience to God.  Paul said he wanted to be conformed to the likeness of Christ including to His death in hope which I believe is a wonderful way to see beyond our present day sufferings, persecutions and trials and to look beyond the lying hypocrites of our day.

It is one thing to be able to rebuke and refute a lying hypocrite and quite another to see beyond them to that hope for us that is won in Christ.

Phil 3 : 10 For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death, in hope.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

Arcturus,
Which Bible version did you use in your quote of Philippians 3:10. I am not familiar with this translation. I do so believe that most Christian ministers are not even aware they lie or misinform. The theological seminaries teach and they concur. It is not believable to me that they cannot discern truth or question the teachings. This is the result of denominationalism, man's traditions, and bad translations.
I do see changes for the better but almost all involve starting a new church or denomination. We must, as you say, see beyone them to the hope for us that is won in CHRIST. It is all of HIM, why can't more people see it is just HIM to know Him, the power of HIS resurrection, share in  the fellowship of HIS suffering and to be made conformable unto HIS death. Just HIM.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »

Hello Phil 3 : 10

That translation is the Amplified Version.

As for ministers being aware or not being aware that what they teach is false....well...I also find it difficult to believe that somewhere along their line of training they might well have given up their integrity and their soundness of mind  to follow after man made traditions which in the words of Jesus VOIDS THE WORD OF GOD. Maybe they were not sound of mind in the first place and that is why they enter such diabolical training centres of religiousity! One thing is clear to me is that they are blind. They only see if dragged out and that is in common with me who once was in Babylon as a leader myself!

Mark 7 : 13 Thus you are nullifying and making void and of no effect the authority  of the Word of God through your tradition, which you in turn hand on. And many things of this kind you are doing.

Jesus was intolerant of minding the ways of man. This teaching had no depth for me when I was in Babylon. I did not see it. I did not understand it but I sure thought I did! I was WRONG!

Matt 15 : 6 So for the sake of your tradition, the rules handed down by your forefathers, you have set aside the Word of God, depriving it of force and authority and making it of no effect. 7. You pretenders, hypocrites! Admirable and truly did Isaiah prophesy of you when he said: 8 These people draw near Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts hold off and are far away from Me.  9. Uselessly do they worship Me, for they teach as doctrines the commands of men.

Peace to you

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »

Arcturus,
The preachers of today may not discern the truth but they do discern the pay scale and know they must stay within the confines of the accepted doctrine to get paid. This is why Ray is so real, he is not a merchant of GOD'S WORD. Preaching used to be a calling but today it is a vocation and position of power for many.
WE need to be all taught by GOD, not just by man. Read and read again, pray and read, read and pray. The full quote from John Bunyan is as follows.
"Read and read again, and do no despair of help to understand the will and mind of of GOD though you thing they are fast locked up from you. Neither trouble your heads though you have no commentaries and exposition. Pray and read, read and pray; for a little from GOD is better than a great deal from men. Also, what is from men is uncertain, and is often lost and tumbled over by men; but what is from GOD is fixed as a nail in a sure place. There is nothing that so abides with us as what we receive from GOD; and the reason why the Christian in this day are at such a loss as to some things is that they are contented with what comes from men's mouths, without searching and kneeling before GOD to know of HIM the truth of things. Things we receive at GOD'S hand come to us as truths from the minting house, though old in themselves,  yet new to us. Old truths are always new to us if they come with the smell of heaven upon them."
Of course, our LORD new what the problems of today would be but HE still provides a way. Just JESUS, not church.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 02:14:28 AM »

Thought provoking indeed.

Unless God drags us to Christ we can not move. Unless God puts the desire in our hearts for Christ, we can not yearn for Him.

I think Bunyan would have enjoyed Rays teaching on the myth of Free Will. Bunyan's advantage was that he had little influence in formal education from men. He had 2-4 years schooling yet understood the deeper aspects of God and followed after Him much to his persecution. I think God was dragging him!

Peace to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.