bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quran  (Read 4792 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Quran
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »

Hi Ray,

Your writings about Jesus Christ not being God, but who was created by God, and who then created the universe, as Paul taught, was hard for me to accept at first. However, I can not deny the Scriptural teaching, and have finally come to understand this as true.   

I came across this website on Islam, and I thought it was FASCINATING, and I think you would be quite interested in reading it. The author of the website, a Muslim, teaches that both the Bible and the Qu’ran teach similar things, that God sent Jesus into the world as a messenger from God, and was not God himself. They deny of course that His death was required for atonement, but I wonder what your thoughts are on to what degree the Qu’ran might be inspired by God?

Here’s the website, linked to the subcategory of the Deity of Christ:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/shabir.ally/new_page_22.htm

There was definitely some insightful information in here, I think based on scholarly research. Had you ever heard that the NIV took Acts 8:37 out of the Bible, and that the Scriptures that say that Jesus was the Son of God also were removed by several Bibles because the earlier, more reliable Scriptures did not include them??? Based on your understanding, to what degree where early Scriptures distorted and added to? The author makes some incredible points here…

Fascinating.

Thanks Ray!

Dear Jonathan:  I have neither the time nor the inclination to study the Quran or Islam. I know enough about both to know that I have no desire to study them any further. I have much more important things to do.
    God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:52:03 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.