bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hagee Letter  (Read 4373 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hagee Letter
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »

Dear Ray,

I have a fairly simple question after I read your letter to John Hagee:

THE SEVEN WONDERS OF HELL”

A Sermon by: John Hagee

A Critique by: L. Ray Smith

Under the part:

MORE SCRIPTURAL PROOF FOR THE SALVATION OF ALL

It says:

"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified" (I Cor. 15:22).

My New Living Translation says: Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life. (1 Cor. 15:22)

This is one of many serious differences I found between my bible and the version you were quoting out of.  My question is:  Which version should I be reading and how do I know it is a correctly translated version of the the original authorized scriptures?

Thank you for any help.

Rob

Dear Rob:  That is actually a better question than even you may realize. It is in fact, an excellent question.  So much so, that I think I will do a whole Bible Study on it in a few weeks.   Look for the answer on our Forum by about March 3.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   I can teach anyone to know whether a Scripture is close to accurate or NOT close to accurate, not perfect in all cases,  but close to accurate. However, in the example you question, we can easily eliminate the Living Bible version of I Cor. 15:22 so that a child can see the gross error. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.