bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food for one week around the world  (Read 9794 times)

Samson

Re: Food for one week around the world
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 03:16:42 AM »

Thankyou Joyce,

Thats two cups of coffee in the Morning, one after my nap, if I'm off from work. We all better drink up, at the rate coffee is going up, no one is going to be able to buy it. I just asked the cashier the other day at the Redners food store, if their store brand was any good, because Chase and Sanborn went up to almost $6.00 a large can. Thanyou for the coffee thought Joyce.

Your Brother, Samson.

joyful1

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »

Well....there you go Samson! heheheheh!   :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:55 PM »

A Classic Joyful1 ;D :D

Reminds me of my Corporate days when 13 cups of cappuccino per day, was required to keep me going! That certainly was not healthy. I much prefer the caffeine free cup you gave me Joyful1.  :D

Again thanks.

Peace be to us

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 05:47:34 PM »

I like a cup of coffee in the morning.  Here are a few interesting finds about coffee  :)

http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food -------------

"Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies, which conducts its own medical research and tracks coffee studies from around the world. "For most people, very little bad comes from drinking it, but a lot of good."

Caffeine is also what helps in treating asthma and headaches. Though not widely publicized, a single dose of pain reliever such as Anacin or Excedrin contains up to 120 milligrams -- what's in a hefty mug o' Joe.
Coffee has large amounts of antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid and tocopherols, and minerals such as magnesium. All these components have been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism."

Meanwhile, Italian researchers credit another compound called trigonelline, which gives coffee its aroma and bitter taste, for having both antibacterial and anti-adhesive properties to help prevent dental cavities from forming.  Other research shows that compared to not drinking coffee, at least two cups daily can translate to a 25% reduced risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in liver cirrhosis risk, and nearly half the risk of gallstones. There's also some evidence that coffee may help manage asthma and even control attacks when medication is unavailable, stop a headache, and boost mood.

But here a caution...

On the flip side, it's clear that coffee isn't for everyone. Its legendary jolt in excess doses -- that is, more than whatever your individual body can tolerate -- can increase nervousness, hand trembling, and cause rapid heartbeat. Coffee may also raise cholesterol levels in some people and may contribute to artery clogging.
But most recent large studies show no significant adverse effects on most healthy people, although pregnant women, heart patients, and those at risk for osteoporosis may still be advised to limit or avoid coffee.

"Caffeine raises your blood pressure, so if you are going to drink a lot of coffee, choose decaf," said Dr. Joe Vinson, the chemistry professor who led the coffee study.
Decaf has the same antioxidant benefits as regular coffee.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 02:11:36 AM »

That's interesting Kat. So all that coffee wasn't such a bad thing afterall.

I do believe that coffee dehydrates and eats up the Vitamin B in the body so these days I take less of it, more water and caffeine free!

Peace to you sister

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.