bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Words  (Read 5302 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Last Words
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »

Beloved

Re: Last Words
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »

It is very sad that he is dying but .....he never once mentioned his maker...the one that was responsible for everyone of those "wonderful" things that happened to him .....every thing that he was greateful for .....was carnal.  I am not sure but I do not believe we are really here for FUN.

Beloved

Grateful

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:46:54 AM »

Hi Beloved!

Well, it is true that a lot of life on Earth does NOT feel like FUN, but gee whiz, we HAVE TO be able to laugh and enjoy ourselves & others (animals too!   :D ) , otherwise we might all be tempted to commit suicide, or actually go through with it!   I like that saying :  "Looking on the bright side of things will not injure our eyesight."   :D :D   ;)

I KNOW all too well what it feels like to barely hang onto Life by a thread of the skin of my teeth.....and I too know the HEALING POWER of a good belly laugh!!   AH HAHAHA!!   A VERY GOOD "Life-Lesson" is found in Rudyard Kipling's poem, "If" , which you can find by Googling it.

Love ya!

Linda   :D :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:18 AM »

I could not view this video but have read your comments Beloved and Linda.

Who is the person dying in the video I wondered. Then the name Hugh Hefner of the Playboy empire  ??? :D :D came to mind LOL....How can one so carnally "blessed" is it...?  have any clue about the Truth of God.

Then the Scripture about the eye of the needle and Luke 18 : 24. A camel can not pass through the eye of the needle without taking off all of its paraphernalia and then only, it may come through with nothing!

1 Cor 3 : 15 But if any person's work is burned up, he will suffer the loss of it all losing his reward, though he himself will be saved, but only as one who has passed through fire.

Even Hugh will be saved after he experiences all his lovers forgetting him. Only God can heal him.

Jer 30 : 11-17

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »

GRateful I am not saying that we do not have to through life and not have fun.....we should have loads of it....but my comment was that this (for Arturus) a gifted computer geek who developed pancreatic cancer who has a great job, who was given a wonderful life with the wonderful parents and wonderful wife and family who then goes on National TV to give this message and alos gave this message to his family

Did you see see the fear in the eyes of the audience, the denial...they do not want to face the truth, ....many do not want to admit to the existence of God, to thier sin or or their need for repentance. 

They were relieved that he gave them this "have a good time" message.
Listen to the opening staement...death a subject that most of us find frigtening and difficult to talk about. ....DID THIS GUY HELP ANY ONE?  ::)

Luk 12:19 And I will be declaring to my soul, "Soul, many good things have you laid up for many years. Rest, eat, drink, make merry."'

Rev 12:12 Therefore, make merry, ye heavens, and those tabernacling in them! Woe to the land and the sea, for the Adversary descended to you having great fury, being aware that brief is the season that he has"

Maybe we all need to compose our own "farewell world message"   8)

(Joh 17:1 KJVR)  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

(Joh 17:2 KJVR)  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

(Joh 17:3 KJVR)  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(Joh 17:4 KJVR)  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

I did like the things he said about 'things' not being important, that letting his nephew throw up in in his new car and not be made to feel bad about it.   My concern was that he did not address his Creator...the One we all have to answer to. 

Beloved

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »

I wasn't able to watch the video for some reason ???
I guess also, we have to remember that this man is in the exact place where our Father wants him to be. He doesn't acknowledge his Creator because he doesn't know Him. Perhaps God will use this time to turn his heart towards his Creator; maybe he's one of those eleventh hour types of people.

Linda wrote:
and I too know the HEALING POWER of a good belly laugh!!   
Beautiful Linda! When times are good, lets have a good time!

Ursula 

Linny

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »

Perhaps the message of "have fun" isn't the best wording but personally, one of our favorite sayings is "Enjoy life regardless of your circumstances."
I think having the joy of the Lord allows us to go through our rough times and still be "happy." I choose to be happy. I choose not to worry about tomorrow.
I also think that when people forget how to have fun, they get very old.
The youngest at heart people I know stay young by living life to the fullest and have fun by enjoying the gifts of the Lord. Not the material gifts but the ones that really matter....

Lin

phazel

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »

While he may have not mentioned God, there are a lot of people who say they believe that could not handle knowing their death was upon them in a similar manner.

I personally can stand here and say I do not fear death more than likely because I do not know when it will happen.  I asked myself If I was told I had months to live if I could stand by what I say I believe.

In all honesty,  I don't know.

Samson

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 10:58:28 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I guess that we all react to things differently, BELOVED made a good point about this guy not bringing attention to his Creator, also PHAZEL shares the perspective, " I don't know how I'd react when discovering my soon to be death(not an exact quote). I feel the same way, I really don't know how I would react, I'd rather not know when, how about those cases where a person is told their going to die shortly and they end up living for many more years. This guy from the Oprah show certainly has an appearance of a Positive Mental Attitude, I would imagine, your probably better off keeping busy, instead of sitting around thinking about when your going to die. Their are people out their who are perfectly healthy and are obsessed with a fear of Death, that must be a horrible way to live. LINDA'S perspective about laughing and having fun with life, looking at the bright side of things is an optimistic way to live, you sound alot like my wife. She's always joking and laughing, after some horrible earlier relationships in life, she figures its better not to sweat the small stuff, life's too short. I definetely agree with that last part.   I'm considered by her to be too serious about everything, lacking a sense of humor. I will check out that Rudyard Kipling poem, IF. One of my favorite quotes is from the Movie, THE TIME MACHINE(the newer version), where the guy who built the time machine says to the highly advanced guy from the future------WHAT IF. We can all WHAT IF ourselves to death, after reading the FREE WILL SERIES, I was doing alittle bit of that What If and said to myself, what am I doing.

Just some thoughts, Your Brother, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.