bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey...New member from PA  (Read 5931 times)

Dave-in-PA

Hey...New member from PA
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

Hi all...from suburban Philadelphia!

I've been reading and studying Ray's work for several years but somehow missed this forum.  Wow....I missed a lot!

Thank you to those responsible for keeping this going.

Now that I'm finally here I'm enjoying myself a great deal.  If there's anyone from the Philly are here feel free to let me know.

Dave

rjsurfs

Re: Hey...New member from PA
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:26:01 PM »

Well it's about time!   :D

Welcome Dave.  Enjoy the fellowship.  It's great to hear that you've been studying Ray's papers.  I look forward to reading your posts.

Bobby

Samson

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the Forum, fasten your seat belt and be ready to experience a satisfying and well-filling spiritual ride and to partake of the feast prepared at this spiritual banquet, as I see you already have done so for several years, looking forward to your posts and comments in the days to come. By the way Dave, I'm from Easton, Pa, just 70 miles North of you.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:00:19 PM »

Hi Dave,

Glad you finally found us  :)
I didn't notice the forum for a while and then did not join for a longer while.  But now it's like home.  I hope you will join in the fellowship, it's great to be able to discuss things with other like minded people.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »

Hey there Dave!

Good to have you here.

You haven't really missed anything you know, It was not your time to discover this forum until now.
God decides when and where things will happen, He is Sovereign!

Welcome and God bless.

gmik

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »

Welcome Dave.

Good Point Martinez.

Its funny, but if ya don't scroll down, ya don't find us.

Dave w/ knowing so much ;) we will expect wonderful posts!!!! :D

Dave-in-PA

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:58 AM »

Thanks all.  I'm not sure how many "wonderful" posts I'll author...but I'll try.  lol  I just know Ray's teachings have inspired a desire for bible study unlike anything I've ever experienced in 50 years of regular church attendance.  His insights have answered many, many questions I always lived with, yet believed the answers were unknown or unknowable.  Like many others who have read Ray's work, I too have a renewed spirit of joy from learning the truth, and GOOD NEWS, of the word of God.  What Ray has written all makes so much more sense, rings so true with not only scripture, but LOGIC as well,  and in my opinion, actually shows (proves) that the Word of God IS different than all the other "religions" of the world.  Why I missed scrolling down and clicking the link to get here I have no clue, but I really appreciate it.  I'm very glad to know of all you out there learning along with me.  I'm hoping to make it to Nashville so maybe I'll meet some of you in person.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38:42 AM »

Welcome Dave!

Your experience mirrors many of our own journeys, I did not spend much time in any church but read many "Christian" books and commentaries and very often I was left feeling more confused than inspired.

The Truths God has shown Ray and shared with us have put everything in a new and positive Light, it was truly amazing to see that even the evil in this world is used for the ultimate good or should I say greatness of God's plan and purpose for all.

I remember looking in every direction for "the beast" and for "the antichrist" when I first began reading the paper regarding "who is the beast" I was anxiously waiting to see, finally, who it is.

Then I was directed to the mirror, there he is, big as life, ME!

This has been perhaps the most profound revelation I have yet to experience, the Good News of the eventual salvation of all is the most joyful but understanding why I must die daily to truly live has affected me in ways I cannot fully describe.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

Ursula

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »

Welcome Dave! Joyce :)

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »

Dave,
You are so right in thanking those who keep this site up and running. To Craig and Kat a very special thank you from me. There is so very much more here in true fellowship than any church system I have ever associated with. Welcome to you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »

This Forum is like going from silent movies when you have no connection here, into full color digital once you join in!

I needed a push to get into the Forum and I have not been the same since joining.  :D This place is a huge blessing unlike anything on offer in Babylon!

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 06:27:10 PM »

Some silent movies are good!! Two of them are among my Top 50 favourite films.  :D

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 05:45:52 AM »

Hello New Menber from Pennsylvania

I use to live there ....so did Ray at one time

Glad you were led here. Look forward to sharing thoughs and scriptures.

Beloved

Dave-in-PA

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »

Hi Beloved.  Yes, I know Ray was from PA.  When I first found the BT site I emailed him a comment thanking him for his insights and he wrote back asking if I lived anywhere near Nazareth, PA.  I'm probably an hour and a half from Nazareth, but at the time Ray wrote me I had just been there on business.  I was able to fill Ray in on the status of his former town.   So now when the question of John 1:46 is asked....we can all say "YES!"  We know 2 good people from "Nazareth".  lol

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

Welcome Dave,
Spend as much time as possible in Ray's teaching and this forum. There is a wealth of meat for the soul contained therein.
In HIM.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »

Good morning friends of the forum &
Welcome to Dave of PA
I grew up in Oxford, PA about 50 miles South West of Philly.

This just gets more interesting every day.
Imagine all of us getting together to break bread together.

More recently imagine Dave from PA  "King David" someday &
Samson "The Judge" who delivered the Israelites.  Hmmmm
This could be interesting and strange.  ;o)

Regards, Ole Indianabob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »

That is so astute of you Indianabob.

I believe that is another reason to read their CV's and get to know them before we meet them.  ;D 8)

Peace be to you brother

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.