bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus isn't equal with God?  (Read 5965 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Jesus isn't equal with God?
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

Mr. Smith,

If Jesus isn't equal with God, why does Isaiah 9:6 say "And his name will be called wonderful counselor, mighty God, eternal father, prine of peace."  That sounds a lot like God to me.

Thank you for you input
    Scott

Dear Scott:
    Who said that "Jesus isn't equal with God?" Jesus is in the very IMAGE OF GOD:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

I Cor. 4:4--"...the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God..."

Heb 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of His person.."

Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus, however, is NOT His Own Father, and will always be in subjection to His Father:

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him [His Father] that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
    God be with you,

Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Jesus isn't equal with God?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »

Ray,
I guess I'm a little confused then about your stance on the trinity.  I grant you that it does never say trinity in scripture, but in your article you are so avid about the father being greater than Jesus(and yes I know Jesus did say that) and go hard against anyone who believes in a triune God.  However, I struggle with this then because I have always thought when Jesus was a man then he was less than God, but after that he was reunited with the father.  My argument for that is God said He will have no other God's before him, but then 2,000 years later said "Oh ok, just this one God."  If Jesus is not equal with God then I think God would be breaking his own commandment.  Your thoughts,
Scott

Dear Scott: I really don't understand why people say things like, "according you, Ray," or "you teach," or "your stance," etc., etc., etc.  Have I  EVER made a statement of any consequence which was not backed up with Scripture?  It is not "MY STANCE."  I don't have a "stance."  I know pretty much what the Scriptures say and don't say, however, I have never even hinted that I understand all Scripture. What I teach regarding Jesus being "God" and the Scriptures I quoted to you regarding that, is what I believe. It is the Scriptures that I believe, not "my stance." And it is not "I" who "are so avid about the Father being greater than Jesus." As you conceded, it was Jesus Himself Who made that statement. Think of "God" as being a Family. Does not a "father" and a "son" constitute in any way what we understand to be a family relationship?  Christ's FATHER is greater than Christ Who is His SON.  Yet they are both THE ONE GOD.  Jesus also con firms this, doesn't He?  "I and My Father are ONE: (John 10:30).  In being ONE,  Jesus is "equal" with His Father.  "ALL power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth" (Matt. 28:18).  Ask yourself: "WHO is the possessor of "ALL power in heaven and in earth?"  WHO might that be? Satan? Some Angel? Or GOD?  And Who are we told is that "God" Who possesses "ALL power in heaven and in earth?"  JESUS.  Then JESUS MUST BE GOD.  I really don't know what else to say about this, Scott. I receive dozens and dozens and dozens of criticisms regarding this, and all I do is quote the Scriptures and state that I believe the Scriptures, and show why I believe the Scriptures. I don't know what else I can do to help you.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.