bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with the meaning of "YE"  (Read 4207 times)

phazel

Help with the meaning of "YE"
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:32:38 AM »

I have seen Ray refer to the word YE as meaning everyone.  Using E-sword I see that YE is an irregular plural.

I see from this verse that it certainly could  apply to everyone.

John 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Then in this verse

John 8:44 YE are of your father, the Adversary, and the desires of your father you are wanting to do. He was a man-killer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, for truth is not in him. Whenever he may be speaking a lie, he is speaking of his own, for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Now I see that in this passage Jesus is speaking to the pharasees.   But, then I got to thinking, no matter what you believe, whether you are an Atheist, buddist, mormon, etc etc etc,  there is at some point and time where the letter of the law, in some form or another is what someone follows.

For instance I see Atheists all the time ridicule people for not adhering to the letter of the laws of science and unless science one day demonstrates that God exists then there is no logical reason to believe.

I see mystics having their own set of rules and guidelines that makes one a "true" mystic.  Even Wiccans will call out a "poser" due to their rules.

So if I am getting that correct, I see a profound statement in John 8:32

"And YE shall know the truth"

It is not saying we might,  it is not saying only if you choose.  It is a statement of what it going to happen.

Please correct me if I am in error here, but I hope I see this correctly.

musicman

Re: Help with the meaning of "YE"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:20:49 AM »

It means ya'll, you people, no, not ye, but ye (you people but not those people).  It could mean some of ya'll or all of ya'll. 

Get it, ya'll?

musicman

Re: Help with the meaning of "YE"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 12:27:58 AM »

It means ya'll, you people, no, not ye, but ye (you people but not those people).  It could mean some of ya'll or all of ya'll. 

Get it, ya'll?

I almost forgot.  As Joe Pesci would say:  I would like to talk to yous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.