bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is worse?  (Read 9604 times)

Kat

Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »

Here is Ray's on definition of the sarcastic comments he makes  :)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4999.0.html -----

I just looked up "sarcasm" in several dictionaries and not one of them used the word "anger" in their definition.  So what does that may you: A prosecuting attorney who twists the truth and still can't make a believable point?
v
v
 I looked again, and "sarcasm" is not defined as a "manifestation of anger" either. This is your own false definition of the word. You made that up: "sarcasm is a manifestation of anger."  Sarcasm is defined as "a form of wit." And what is "wit?" Here, I'll show you: "sarcasm, n. A form of wit..." The American Heritage College Dictionary, p. 1672.  It does not say that sarcasm is "anger," or "a manifestation of anger," but rather it says "a form of WIT." And what is "wit?"  Well, we have a dictionary right here, let's look:  "wit n. 1. The natural ability to perceive and understand: intelligence. 2a. Keenness and quickness of perception or discernment, ingenuity.  b.  Sound mental faculties, sanity.  3a.  The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously HUMOROUS MANNER the relationship between seemingly incongruous or desperate things.  3b. One noted for this ability, especially one skilled in repartee.  c.  A person of EXCEPTIONAL INTELLIGENCE." (Same, American Heritage College Dictionary). So sarcasm is a form of wit, and wit has nothing but a plethoric of positive definitions, not the least of which are HUMOROUS AND EXCEPTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. Sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe you should stop before you make a total fool out of yourself.

God be with you,
    Ray

Kat

Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »

Ray comment, "you are out of your league."

I was just listening to an audio where Ray explains what he means by this... interesting.

---------
Oh they don't need a second or third witness when they are preaching heresy.  Listen, I know how to depend the Word of God, trust me I do.  These people are out of their league.  Whem you blaspheme the Word of God, you are out of your league, I don't care who you are... James Kennedy with six doctorates.  When you blaspheme the name of God, you are out of your league. 
Was Christ Made Sin? Pt. I - http://bible-truths.com/audio/WS_10001.WMA

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.