bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer  (Read 4869 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Prayer
« on: February 17, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

Hello Ray,

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I hope this email finds you in peace and good health. I am sorry to bother you again with my problems but I have been battling this question in my mind lately and was wondering if you could shed some spiritual insights at your convenience

First of, prayer is a communication with God for one to  express thanksgiving and or request something. Also I believe God's will never changes in the absolute. Now my question is, When a person has a problem and asks his friends or relative for prayer support, what's the implication in their support. I guess what I am basically saying is this, if someone asks me for prayer support about a problem and I pray to God to answer that request and the prayers got answered, what's th e spiritual implication? Did I intervene or did my prayers helped in bringing about suc cessful outcome? Could one say that the answered prayers was as a result of their prayers? 

My understanding is this, It is God who inspired all the parties involved to pray earnestly on that particular problem. The reason is this, some folks think that once they provided prayer support, they effected the outcome or basically ask God to change the outcome of that problem. I hope I made some sense try to elaborate

Thank you and God richly bless you

Respectfully,

Abed

Dear Abed:  Yes, I think you basically got it right and understand what is going on. People think that if God is Sovereign and knows in advance all that will be or will not be, then we cannot CHANGE anything that God does not already know WILL OR WON'T BE. And that is true. Furthermore, who COULD God "change" the situation from what He already knows will be long BEFORE you ever pray in the first place?  Does God change? Does Jesus Change? Then how are we to CHANGE THEM?  But I think that you are seeing the secret. As I have always said, God has never answered a prayer that wasn't first prayed.

If God is intending to make a change in YOUR life or a friend's, from the what that things appear to be going, God can either just miraculously change the course of action or cause (inspire) you and their friends to PRAY for that change. Either way, it is God doing what He always KNEW He would or wouldn't do. GOD DOES NOT CHANGE. But God changes US.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.