bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coral Castle  (Read 5889 times)

hillsbororiver

Coral Castle
« on: February 18, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »

In keeping with my well deserved reputation for interest in weird, bizarre stuff I wanted to share the following with those of you that may be unfamiliar with Edward Leedskalnin and the "Coral Castle" he built all by himself!

Hey musicman, this is right in your backyard;

The Secrets of Coral Castle 

Did a Latvian immigrant rediscover the secrets to the building of the pyramids... of levitation... of anti-gravity? His amazing "castle" may hold clues to long-lost powers.

Coral Castle in Homestead, Florida, is one of the most amazing structures ever built. In terms of accomplishment, it’s been compared to Stonehenge, ancient Greek temples, and even the great pyramids of Egypt. It is amazing – some even say miraculous – because it was quarried, fashioned, transported, and constructed by one man: Edward Leedskalnin, a 5-ft. tall, 100-lb. Latvian immigrant.

Here is an interesting part of the article, read it all @ http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa071999.htm

When he was personally asked how he managed the feat, Leedskalnin replied only that he understood the laws of weight and leverage. He is quoted as saying, “I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids. I have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons.”

Peace,

Joe

P.S. Here is the Google page with many other links to The Coral Castle

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLD_en_____205&q=castle+homestead

musicman

Re: Coral Castle
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »

I grew up about one mile from it.  I now live about four miles from it.  I think I better go check it out for the first time.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »

Hi Joe

That is interesting!

I have checked out the images on Google and the size of those rocks is certainly impressive. My first thought was that Noah might have had some of the same techniques! :D

How marvelous is our God!

As an aside. Did anyone know that the Noble Peace Price is named after Alfred Nobel who invented dynamite!

Alfred Nobel invented the Nobel patent detonator or blasting cap for detonating nitroglycerin. The Nobel patent detonator used a strong shock rather than heat combustion to ignite the explosives. The Nobel Company built the first factory to manufacture nitroglycerin and dynamite.http://inventors.about.com/od/dstartinventions/a/Alfred_Nobel.htm

Perhaps Edward Leedskalnin, did not want to regret what would happen if people could throw rocks weighing several tons at one another! ...WITHOUT A DETONATOR :o

Please let us have your impressions Musicman!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:40:59 PM by Arcturus »

musicman

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:11:55 AM »

Hi Joe

That is interesting!

I have checked out the images on Google and the size of those rocks is certainly impressive. My first thought was that Noah might have had some of the same techniques! :D

As an aside. Did anyone know that the Noble Peace Price is named after Alfred Nobel who invented dynamite!

Alfred Nobel invented the Nobel patent detonator or blasting cap for detonating nitroglycerin. The Nobel patent detonator used a strong shock rather than heat combustion to ignite the explosives. The Nobel Company built the first factory to manufacture nitroglycerin and dynamite.http://inventors.about.com/od/dstartinventions/a/Alfred_Nobel.htm

Perhaps Edward Leedskalnin, did not want to regret what would happen if people could throw rocks weighing several tons at one another! ...WITHOUT A DETONATOR :o

Peace to you

You got it!!!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »

Hi Joe

Hi Arcturus,

That is interesting!

I find this fascinating and it reminds me how little we know of even the physical universe much less spiritual things.

Yes, God has an ironic sense of humor doesn't He?

He did refuse to share his secrets with the government, I am not sure of the reason but it is probably safe to assume he did not trust their motives.

I am also looking forward to the musicman's unique observations!  ;)

Peace to you

Back at you Arc!

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:10:01 PM »

That is amazing!

musicman

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »

Well, I did it.  Today I visited Coral Castle.  Grew up a mile from it and moved down to about 4 Miles of it 3 1/2 years ago.  Glad that this was the first time though, because I never would have appreciated it in my younger days.

What can I say.  It's a marvelous structure.  I spoke to a friend about it yesterday and he said there's no way that Edward Leedskalnin could have done it by himself.  Well, the evidence suggests that he did.  So a man five feet tall and weighing one hundred pounds was able to maneuver tons of coral rock with simple hand tools (many invented by him) and carve out designs for his love who ditched him.  The people still around (when the video was created) who visited him as children say that no one ever saw him work.  He probably did his work at night.  For twenty years people noticed the structure growing larger before completion.  He had moved most of the carvings from Florida City about 10 miles north using an old Republic truck, two rails on top, and a friend's tractor.  He went to work using a modest portion of the 10 acres that he bought.

What is surprising, besides the miracle of moving tons of coral using simple tools, are the structures themselves.  There are practically no chisel markings.  Using this mass of coral he created rocking chairs, a lazy boy recliner (well, it's comfortable but is stationary), a telescope with added lens to view Polaris, a sun dial equipped with hour and half hour markings, two outdoor beds, tables, bath tub and a well.  He also carved a time out for his future children (never happened) that he called the repentance room.  In it was a carved hole for children to put their heads in to think about their missdeed.  There was also one carved at eye level for his future wife (can't remember why she dumped him and he never got married).

It is unclear why he never revealed his secret.  He was a very private man who lived modestly so I doubt that he was lying to puff up his reputation.  He basically loved talking to people, especially children and would charge next to nothing to give tours.  He claimed that he understood leverage and how to maneuver weight.  He said that he knew the secrets of how the great paramids were constructed.  The only thing that I am aware of in his views on government is that he seemed to think they raised taxes too much.  He probably could have gained great wealth had he relinquished such information.  The money he did make was seldom used as a couple thousand dollars were found in his room following his death.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:32:39 PM by musicman »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Hi Musicman

I am in South Africa so I really appreciate that first hand information!

I liked that Edward Leedskalnin liked children and seemed to have no interest in accumulating wealth. I believe that he had the secrets as he claimed. The evidence still stands. Perhaps he was a man of pure heart that God shared some maths with to confound the wise of the world! :)

Thank you for taking the time to research this for us brother

Peace to you

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:14:58 PM »

Hi Musicman--
That is so neat that you finally made the trip! :)
I grew up in Florida and never went there either--but I did go to the Fort in Saint Augustine a few times...which is made from a cement type mixture made from coquinas (the tiny colorful mollusks)....it is SOOO interesting that the Spanish tried using this substance to construct their fort with because, as far as we know, it had never been used before (according to the official State Park website about Castillo de San Marcos...

"Instead of wood, this new fort was built of coquina, a kind of stone that had been found near the coast on Anastasia Island. This limestone formed over thousands of years from the shells of the tiny coquina clam cemented together through time and nature into a
solid, but soft, stone."

Of course, a catastrophic world wide flood could have produced the sediments as well....wink-wink!~

The NEAT-O thingy about this fort is this: when it was built, no one knew if the material would hold....so they made the walls 12 feet thick, and on the harbour side; 19 feet thick! When cannon balls were fired at it...they either literally "bounced" off the walls or went in a few inches and stuck! It was such a good material that when Oglethorpe attacked the fort in 1740, it withstood 27 days of bombardment, and held firm! I remember being totally amazed at that when there as a child on a field trip!

There are SOO many strange stories about my native state, La Florida, which wikipedia says means "flowery Easter" the time of year when Ponce de Leon landed there...but my 4th grade teacher, who was Cuban and spoke Spanish fluently, told me it meant: "Land of Flowers." :)
Oh yes...sorry for the length of this post....but one last question: remember Hurricane Andrew...the monster storm that caused so MUCH damage in Homestead in '92 ?  Don't you find it amazing that the Coral Castle remained untouched by the storm-- or did it also sustain damage from it?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 01:17:00 PM by joyful1 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »

dang man thats such a crazy story.. when will God reveal to us the secrets of this world? I wonder if this physical world and its laws will mean anything once God lives among men. Will only some of us be in spirit like Christ and so this world still required for this in the flesh, or will everyone eventualy all be spirit and so this physical universe done away with? Where do spirits live? Will we be able to travel the universe as spirits in the end? Will we finaly learn all these mysteries about this physical universe and the rest? Gosh so many questions... and no answers right now >< just more questions leading to more questions...

I aw at what God has created... truly we are blessed to have such a mighty God!

Love in Christ,

Alex

musicman

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

Hurricane Andrew did massive amounts of damage down here.  I went through it myself, down here and it did a number on our roof.  Coral Castle though?  One mile away?  Don't believe anything happened to it.  In fact, the only hurricane mentioned in the brochure was Donna.  I think it broke a tree that had been there since the beginning.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »

Valuable Real Estate!  :D

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »

:) Just a note to you guys and gals that enjoyed reading about Coral Castle....Wednesday, March 26th, on Coast To Coast AM.....Researcher and investigator Joe Bullard will discuss the anomalies of the Bermuda Triangle and update his work on the mysterious Coral Castle. You can get more about it at coasttocoastam.com

Joyce :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.