bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday  (Read 6499 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Happy Birthday
« on: February 20, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up on that morning.

I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy Birthday!", and possibly have a small present for me.

As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone " Happy Birthday."

I thought... Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids... They will remember.

My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfast and didn't say a word. So when I left for the office, I felt pretty low and somewhat despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary Jane said, "Good Morning Boss, and by the way, Happy Birthday ! " It felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.

I worked until one o'clock , when Jane knocked on my door and said, "You know, It's such a beautiful day outside, and it is your Birthday, what do you say we go out to lunch, just you and me." I said, "Thanks, Jane; that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go !"

We went to lunch. But we didn't go where we normally would go. She chose instead at a quiet bistro with a private table. We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.

On the way back to the office, Jane said, "You know, It's such a beautiful day... We don't need to go straight back to the office, Do We ?"

I responded, "I guess not. What do you have in mind ?" She said, "Let's drop by my apartment, it's just around the corner."

After arriving at her apartment, Jane turned to me and said, " Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into t he bedroom for just a moment. I'll be right back."

"Ok." I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake ... Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing "Happy Birthday".

And I just sat there...

On the couch...

Naked.....

Sorin

Re: Happy Birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:30 AM »

Haha!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »

Oh Craig, you had me going, I wasn't expecting that last word  :o

That was a good one  ;D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33:57 AM »

:D AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I too, took the bait, Kat!  oh MY!!!  :D Craig-- you are TERRIBLE for doing that!!! hehehehe!  :D

Samson

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »

Hello Craig,

Boy, I must still be naive, at first I was thinking you were really talking about your Birthday, I said to myself, this can't be, its' just like my wife says, I don't have much of a sense of Humor. I had to re-read the Post and read the other replies, sorry about that, joke or not, that guy in the joke wishes he had a time machine.    Your Brother, Samson.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »

;D

Made me think of the Southwest Airline advertisements......

"Ever want to get away?"

Peace,

Joe
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:26:11 PM by hillsbororiver »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

Samson

I too am one who tends to be serious. How this struck me was the DESPONDENCY left him NAKED because he took off the armor of the Lord! There is a lesson int that!

May the Devil never make us naked!!! :D

Good one Craig!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:23 PM »

;D

Made me think of the Southwest Airline advertisements......

"Ever want to get away?"

Peace,

Joe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDdboVGJPfQ      ;D

ellie77

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 01:05:29 AM »

Oh I got sucked right in. I'm thinking at first, I could wish someone a happy bithday. Then"What's he doing,going out to lunch with his secretary? Then "whoa, how could someone from B.T. be going to his secretary's apartment.......and so on.....
           Well ....Happy birthday to someone!!!!!!
                                 ellie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

Hey Sorin,

Thanks for posting that youtube, I think those commercials are pretty funny!

Peace,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Hey Ellie,

I didn't mention it in my first response to this Post by Craig, because I felt embarrassed, that I was so gullible, but your thoughts were the first thing that entered my mind, thought everybody forgot his Birthday and how could someone from BT, etc etc etc, then I realized that if it was his Birthday, it would have been announced in advance. Get this, I actually waited to read other responses, before Posting mine, What a dummy, I am and no, I wasn't thinking that of you, it was just refreshing to know that someone else, besides me, thought in that direction, prematurely. No offense Craig and my apologies, my wife says I am too serious most of the time.

Your Brother, Samson.

ellie77

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 03:23:40 AM »

Hey to you Sampson, I think we just did a lot of confessing!!!!
Oh, Well...... Now comes the repentance  ........... and maybe some  more laughing............Blessings..... ellie.....

Samson

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »

Thankyou Ellie,

I grew up in a household of sarcasm, levity and that sort of humor, otherwise my entire life, I have been accused of being too serious, without a sense of humor. Growing up, I was very naive and believed people were mostly honest and good, being taken advantage early in life, instilled in me a cautionary approach with the majority of people, some would say alittle paranoid. I generally like the Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield, Robin Williams type comedy.

Your Brother, Samson.

ellie77

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 04:48:42 AM »

Sampson,
              God made you just right.The humor in my mothers side of the family was sarcastic and bittingly insulting and always personal.I  never knew where I stood and also tended to believe what people said.
              BUT....I have just made a wonderful discovery....You...
 Sampson..... have a sense of humor.... Yes .....really you do..
 Everyone has a different sense of humour,and it is just impossible to like Bill Murray,Rodney Dangerfield and that outrageous Robin Williams without  a smile or a laugh.That's having a sense of humour. You do laugh and smile at them.....don't you..?????  Peace to you and yours...Ellie...

Little Joe

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:52 AM »

Dang, I came in late on this act, I thought it was juicy confession time!  ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »

That's the funniest joke I've heard in YEARS!!!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.