bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, I'm a new member from the UK.  (Read 9623 times)

David

Hi, I'm a new member from the UK.
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is David. I'm 44, live in Great Britain. I'm a music teacher. I've been reading Rays work for just over a year now. Still not got through everything yet, there's just so much to get through. I listen to the audios most days. Rays talk on "Love" was particularly helpful to me on a personal level.
Thanks to the moderators for approving my registration.
God be with you all.
David. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:51:33 PM by David »

rjsurfs

Re: Hi, I'm a new member from the UK.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »

Welcome David.

Glad you joined us.

chav

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

Hi David
I'm from UK too ,originally a 'carrot cruncher' from Devon I now reside on the south coast in Bournemouth.Where are you ?
Welcome to the forum they are a friendly and respectful bunch of people here (most times) and you will learn a lot I'm sure.
All the best

Dave

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »

Hello David

Welcome to the Forum!

I find that I have not scratched the surface of Ray's teachings even after re-reading them!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »

Hi David,

It's nice to have you join us  :)
It's good to take your time to study the articles, because they are so chocked full of info.  When I found BT I was so hungry for the Truth, that I spent all my time reading night and day.  It took me 7 months to get through it all.  Now we have all the Bible study and conference studies in addition.

Once you have settled in as a Believer, this forum can be a much needed place to fellowship.  There is so few of us, that it's not usual to live near enough to someone of like mind that you can visit.  So I hope you will join in with our discussions, because it's so nice to have the input from others.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 12:54:28 AM »

Welcome Dave.

Thank God that the world seems to get smaller everyday through the internet, so that we are able to share the great news of God with fellow believers.

Beloved

David

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »

Hi David
I'm from UK too ,originally a 'carrot cruncher' from Devon I now reside on the south coast in Bournemouth.Where are you ?
Welcome to the forum they are a friendly and respectful bunch of people here (most times) and you will learn a lot I'm sure.
All the best

Dave

Hi Dave. Thanks for the kind welcome, to everyone.
Wow, I do quite a bit of teaching in Devon on my travels. I live in south Cornwall, near Falmouth.
Never been to Bournemouth before, only through it. 

chav

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »

Hi David

South Cornwall lucky you ,my father's family are from Falmouth.I miss the west country quite a lot and hope to get back one day.
We visit Devon fairly regularly so perhaps we could meet up one day ,as people who share our beliefs here in the UK seem to be as rare as hen's teeth at the moment.and it would be good to meet with like minded people from time to time .
Dave

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »

:D  Welcome Dave! Glad you've joined us! I'm curious....what age groups do you teach?
Joyce  :D

David

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »

Thank you Joyce. I teach all age groups. Only today I had a client phone me and ask if I could teach her 6 yr old son. I teach electric and accoustic guitar, bass guitar, and I also do music business consultancy and coaching for young bands etc.
Dave it would be great to meet up some time. When I'm in Devon I am usually working, but if you are in the area I'm sure we could arrange something.
 God be with you.
David.

Martinez

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »

Hello David!

It's nice to add another to our number.

Music is a very special gift from God!

Welcome!

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »

:D Dave--
A friend of mine wrote this about the song that the 144,000 learn in Revelation and about music in general -- I did find it rather interesting...any thoughts?

"1Ch 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

David is a type of the elect. He plays music. The new song.

1Ch 15:28 Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.

There are 7 notes of music. Music also has timing. Chords are played using 1-3-5 of any scale. There are 12 scales.

The church can not learn the song. Only the 144,00 can learn the new song.

The cymbal is a musical instrument that is used for timing. The cymbal is mentioned in the above verse ICh 15:28.

The churches doctrines are in dischord. And their timing is off. The music that they play (spiritualy) is not harmonizing misic but just awful noise. Theit timing is off also.

The harmonizing chords are true doctrines that are in harmony with each doctrine. For example. The church teaches that when you die you go to heaven. But at the same time they teach a resurrection. That is discord. Also the church says that judgement day is off in the future. Their timing is off.

The 144,00 know the true harmonizing doctrines and have the is was and will be timing right. It is only the 144,00 that can learn this new song because God has revealed the truth to them.

David was a type of the elect that played music."

Cheers!
Joyce :)

LittleBear

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 07:48:14 PM »

David

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »

:D Dave--
A friend of mine wrote this about the song that the 144,000 learn in Revelation and about music in general -- I did find it rather interesting...any thoughts?

"1Ch 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

David is a type of the elect. He plays music. The new song.

1Ch 15:28 Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.

There are 7 notes of music. Music also has timing. Chords are played using 1-3-5 of any scale. There are 12 scales.

The church can not learn the song. Only the 144,00 can learn the new song.

The cymbal is a musical instrument that is used for timing. The cymbal is mentioned in the above verse ICh 15:28.

The churches doctrines are in dischord. And their timing is off. The music that they play (spiritualy) is not harmonizing misic but just awful noise. Theit timing is off also.

The harmonizing chords are true doctrines that are in harmony with each doctrine. For example. The church teaches that when you die you go to heaven. But at the same time they teach a resurrection. That is discord. Also the church says that judgement day is off in the future. Their timing is off.

The 144,00 know the true harmonizing doctrines and have the is was and will be timing right. It is only the 144,00 that can learn this new song because God has revealed the truth to them.

David was a type of the elect that played music."

Cheers!
Joyce :)

Thank you for sharing this little gem Joyce. The Church is indeed totally out of harmony with Gods word, but maybe not with Gods plan. Romans 11;16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.”
If all the Church were in harmony, then there would not be a many called and few chosen, there would just be a many called and a many chosen.
Its very interesting and enlightening what you have posted here. The association with harmonious music and Gods elect, and the Church being totally out of tune with  God brings to mind Rays talk on "what is worship" and how he talked about all the things the Church do, their rituals and songs etc, and how the scriptures say that its all meaningless and empty without belief and obedience to God. It brings to mind this scripture from Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

22Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.

23Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.

24But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.

25Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?

26But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

27Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

Thank again for sharing Joyce, love and peace to you. 

Samson

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

Hello David,

Glad you joined us, welcome aboard, now fasten your seat belt and get ready to expect a most stimulating and enlightening Spiritual Journey, enjoy and continue to partake of Spiritual feast provided at this Web-Site. I noticed your from Great Britain, my Grandfather(Dads' father) was Born and raised in British Guyanna(forgot spelling) and through my Mothers' side of the family, I'm a descendant of Bishop Nicholas Ridley(don't know if thats' good or bad) of the church of England who was executed as a heretic by Mary Tudor(Bloody Mary). Glad you appreciated Rays' Info on Love, Love and Truth go hand in hand and should be synonomous. Paul says without Love we are nothing, 1Cor.13:1-3.

Your brother in Christ, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »

Hi David

I just noticed this verse in your post Quote : Amos 5 : 27Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus,

Interesting that Saul was on his way to Damascus and the Lord stopped him. Saul was on a mission to persecute the followers of Jesus and before he reached Damascus, his journey was interrupted, changed and Saul became Paul. In Amos the Spirit of Christ shows us that there are those who He causes to go BEYOND Damascus and this for me means there are those who go into great campaigns against the followers of Christ. This is in the Plan of God.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

David

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »

Hi Samson, thank you for your welcome. I'm looking forward to, and already enjoying much spiritually stimulating fellowship and sharing of the Word here. It truly is a blessing. A very interesting background you have. I've never really bothered to trace my family back any further than my great grandparents, I guess I should. Rays talk on Love helped me beyond words. At the time I was in a lot of turmoil over the person responsible for my brothers death. I'd bought into the idea that loving ones enemies was no different to lovings ones own family or brethren. I was starting to think that I had not truly forgiven and that maybe there was something wrong or amiss in my faith. I even emailed Ray about it. His talk on Love was a massive weight off me, and a revelation. I can now see that I don't have to love this person as my own or as my brethren, but to be concerned for his well being and salvation is enough. I harbour him no ill will, he has been suitably punished according to the law. I pray for him and pray that Christ comes into his life. I just pray that my heart is where it should be concerning this issue. Now I know that there are two types of Love in Gods word, or levels of Love, its a huge spiritual help to me.

Thanks for sharing this insight Arcturus. I had never seen that scripture in that way before, what a revelation. Saul's/Paul's story in Acts 9 is one of the most powerful stories in the Bible for me. Here was a man thinking he was doing the will of God, breathing threatenings and slaughter against Christs disciples, and then boom, one of the most profound and powerful events in the Bible. I've heard many a preacher both on TV and on the web quote this event in such a wishy washy way. When I read Acts 9:1-8, I envisage Christ bellowing the words at Saul, and Saul being in terror. Also the men that were with him were speechless. The power of this passage is scarcely put over by Christian preachers. What is never put over by the Church is that Saul in his state before his conversion is a type of the Church today, breathing threats and slaughter against Christ true disciples. Rays emails are a testimony to this.
God be with you.
David.

joyful1

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »

Hi David--
I am sorry that your brother was killed....may God's peace and comfort keep you strong in your life now without him.  We tend to count on our siblings being there for most of our lives....parents leave us, spouses come and stay, sometimes they go...but the relationships that we tend to be able to enjoy for the longest amount of time in our lives.....are our siblings! I am so sorry that your brother is not there anymore for you....peace to you brother!

You mentioned the verse from Amos:  "23Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols."

I would like to put these other two verses down for your consideration....

Ezekiel 26:13
"And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard."

Revelation 18:22
"And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee;..."

so God is telling us in Amos to "take away the noise" so to speak...
and in Revelation....finally....they are "heard NO MORE!" 

That used to make me sad when I read it...it made me feel like God somehow hated music, which I loved.  But now it is beginning to make a lot more sense!

:) cheers
Joyce
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:33:29 PM by joyful1 »

Samson

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »

Hello David,

Yes, David, loving ones Enemies was a very convincing Scripture for me insofar as supporting the eventual salvation for ALL. I reasoned that, why would Jesus tell us(imperfect humans) to Love our enemies, if he was unwilling to do so, it didn't make sense that a Loving god would Eternally Torture or Annihilate any of mankind according to What they did or didn't do during a 70-80 year life-span. Of course their is much more explanation as to the why explained uin Rays' teachings, but the Scripture on Loving ones Enemies certainly helped me along the path.

Thats' quite an experience you had regarding that individual who was responsible for your Brothers' death, I commend you for your perspective regarding him, your concern for his Salvation and well-being, distinguishing the Agape from the Phileo. Holding onto ILL-WILL towards others is damaging to ourselves and makes you their prisoner. I hope that I would be able to maintain my integrity if confronted with such a tragedy, may it be Gods' Will for all of us to do so.

Thankyou for sharing your experience and looking forward to your responses in the future.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

David

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »

Thank you Joyce and Samson for your kind words, its very comforting.
Thanks for those scriptures Joyce and for sharing your insight.
Here's another scripture which correlates music to Babylonian worship.

Dan 3: 1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its width six cubits. He set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. 2 And King Nebuchadnezzar sent word to gather together the satraps, the administrators, the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which King Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 3 So the satraps, the administrators, the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces gathered together for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 4 Then a herald cried aloud: “To you it is commanded, O peoples, nations, and languages, 5 that at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, you shall fall down and worship the gold image that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up; 6 and whoever does not fall down and worship shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.”
7 So at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the horn, flute, harp, and lyre, in symphony with all kinds of music, all the people, nations, and languages fell down and worshiped the gold image which King Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Samson, Love your enemies is a scripture that had me wondering about this hell rubbish before I came to see the truth. Also one of the last things Christ said as he was dying on the cross Luke 23:34 Father forgive them, for they know not what they do. I wondered why Christ would ask God to forgive those that had killed him, if he planned for them to burn in hell for all eternity.
There is an eternal fire that will burn us all in turn. And that fire is Gods word.
Jer 5:14 “ Because you speak this word,
      Behold, I will make My words in your mouth fire,
      And this people wood,
      And it shall devour them.

Is not My word like a fire?” says the LORD,
 “ And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Rev 11:3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
The difference between the truth and the Church belief is that Judgement by Gods word will not last eternally even though Gods word will never pass away. I liken it to the air we breath. In a sense air is eternal. It has been produced since God first put plants on the earth, and it will be here until some cataclysmic Divine event and the world ends. Air will be in the earth for its eternity, yet we only breath it for our life time. We don't breath the eternal air when we are dead. Hope that makes some sense.
God be with you.
David.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.