bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, I'm a new member from the UK.  (Read 9655 times)

Samson

Re: Hi, I'm a new member from the UK.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 10:57:51 PM »

Thankyou David,

Prior to my arrival, I did much research at other Universal Sites, my first exposure was approximately 18 months ago, while perusing around, I stumbled upon an Article for John Wesley Hanson on the subject of Aion and its' adjective Aionios, its' approx. 85 pgs in length, it discussed the meaning of these greek words and also the Greek Word Kolasin, usually rendered punishment, but primarily meaning the pruning of the Luzurian tree, chastisement, correction, disipline, etc. He discussed how these words were originally defined and how they became distorted, somewhere in the fourth or fifth centuries, Greek being translate Latin had something to do with this. " Saint" Augustine was responsible for bringing Eternal Torment into Nominal " Christianity". Even he admitted that Salvation for All was not heritical and could be proven from the scriptures. For awhile I was totally convinced that Satan and his demons would receive Salvation, but Phillipians.2:9-11 and 1Corinthians. 15:27,28 and that Satan was created by God to exactly the way God intended him to be helped to convince me.

Spending twenty years in a very Judgemental Denomination(Jehovahs' Witnesses) probably paved the way for God leading me in this direction, hence Bible truths.com, actually I stumbled upon this Site by what I deemed to be accidental, but we both know better.

And yes, that Scripture at Luke.23:34 is very convincing.

Godspeed, Your Brother in Christ, Samson

conrad

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »

hey there David,

I am another David, also from the UK (leicester)  I found this website a couple of years ago. It had an instant effect on my life, and my outlook towards God and other people. The joy it was to discover God's love for the world, his wisdom in punishment and chastisement, His great plan for the ages.

Interestingly I am also a musician- I play guitar, bass guitar and cello, and greatly enjoy composing music. I guess its in my family, as my mother is a violin teacher.

I wish you well, with work and fellowship on this site as we all seek to encourage and learn from one another.

Best regards,

David

joyful1

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »

:D Hi again David and also to all including "the other David!"  --
I just had to tell you a story...
I visited England back in the late '70's when Punk Rock was "the thing." I was just taking those delightful red buses around London and stopping every now and then to take in the sights....Museums, churches, the Palace, etc....I stopped at the end of the day to go into a pub and get a bite to eat.  It was rather dark inside, but I was hungry and too tired to press on to another location.  I sat down and asked for a menu.  Upon removing my sunglasses I became aware that I was surrounded by VERY STRANGE looking young people with spiked hair of all colors and very weird clothes!  I tried not to look too alarmed!  I smiled at everyone, tried to tap my foot to the music that had started to play and avoided conversation!  While I waited for my food, I noticed a pentagram drawn on the dance floor....and someone going around lighting candles on various points of it!  The music was being played louder now and a "master of ceremonies" came up to the microphone.  They also started passing around baskets with "dried bannana chips?" in them....everyone in the pub seemed to understand that they were to take one chip for themselves. Then, as they began to explain the communion ceremony....I suddenly decided to take flight...I'd seen enough! LOL! I don't know how "serious" these punk rockers were about what they were doing that day....I suspect it was all part of the "shock" value that had been the benchmark of their movement....but I wasn't sticking around to find out! I'd just read some crazy "Christian" book about human sacrafice and decided to bolt out the door without ANY food or drink from that place! Heheheh! Sorry for going off track here....its just nice to finally know someone from England to relate that story too!
Again...welcome to the group!
Joyce :)

David

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »

Thank you Samson for sharing that, I'll look that article up. Philippians 2:9-11 is a wonderful scripture, and yet the Church denies it constantly.
Hi David, thank you for your warm welcome. I used to live in Staffordshire until 9 years ago.
Hi Joyce, that's a fascinating story. Back then I was one of those strange kids with spiky hair. I was about 14 when the punk thing came in, and I ate it up, I loved the rebellious nature of the whole thing. My parents were pretty upset by it, but that just seemed to fuel our rebellion even more. I got into a few crazy things now I think back to it, thinking I was real cool etc. How foolish I was. I think I can say that what you saw was most likely just ignorant foolishness for the shock value. Most of them probably didn't even know what it reprisented.
I take heart in these words that Christ spoke in Luke 12:48 in the parable of the wise servant But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few.....The verse before  shows me that now I know the Fathers will , any transgression will be dealt with much more severely.
Be blessed
David. 

remoanthony

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »

Welcome David? Are you related somehow to King David from the old testament? Just joking. ;-) You will like it here ;-)

Phil3:10

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 05:55:56 PM »

Welcome David,
Reading Ray's teaching is a lot like reading GOD'S Scriptures in that I always find new meaning and enlightment with each reading.
Also, the fellowship in this forum will greatly bless you.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

David

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »

Welcome David? Are you related somehow to King David from the old testament? Just joking. ;-) You will like it here ;-)

Hi Anthony, thanks for the welcome. I think I'm more likely to be related to the king of gypsies from olde England........lol.
Thank you Phil3:10 for your kind welcome.
Be blessed
David.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.