bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palm Sunday - or was it Monday?  (Read 4553 times)

Gog

Palm Sunday - or was it Monday?
« on: March 05, 2008, 01:32:08 PM »

Here's a little something that some of you may find interesting. The events attributed to Palm Sunday actually took place on Monday! The Passover that year (AD33) occurred on a Saturday (John ch 19: 31.)  Now take a look at John ch 12: 1, 12-13. I may be wrong, but I reckon five days before Saturday is Monday. Anybody got any thoughts?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Palm Sunday - or was it Monday?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

Hello Gog

Welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for posting that information. I do not know if Passover in AD33 occured on Saturday.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

eirinikos

Re: Palm Sunday - or was it Monday?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

Here is an article that fleshes out that question

http://users.aristotle.net/~bhuie/sabbath_res.htm

CONCLUSION

Almost the entire Christian world celebrates Sunday as their day of worship in place of the seventh-day Sabbath God instituted at creation (Gen. 2:2-3). They justify doing this because they believe that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead on this day. However, as our study of the burial and resurrection has shown, the Greek text overwhelmingly supports another set of facts.

Yeshua was buried late on a Wednesday afternoon just before the Passover high Sabbath and he was resurrected very early on the morning of the weekly Sabbath. This particular weekly Sabbath was known to the Jews as the "First of the Sabbaths," because it was the first weekly Sabbath between Passover and Pentecost. Furthermore, it's likely that the "first day of the week," Sunday, is NEVER even mentioned in the Greek New Testament. May God help us to put away the traditions of men and obey His Torah!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.