bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another New Member  (Read 4491 times)

DoubtingSaint

Another New Member
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:02:36 AM »

Just wanted  to say "HI" and a few words of introduction. I just found bibletruths yesterday but can't get enough of it-Ray has hit on scriptural truths that most are either ignorant of,or just simply are unwilling to accept. Many of these truths are points which I have noticed in my study of scripture
too,but,like some of the rest of you, I had felt like I was the only one who seemed to understand things this way. I'm glad to see that is not the case! I live in south central Kentucky and have a religiously diverse background. I was raised one of Jehovah's Witnesses(my younger brother is an elder,and my younger sister is also an active JW),but as an adult I found many of their teachings did not seem to be truly scriptural(though I agreed wholeheartedly with their positions on the trinity and hell). As a young adult I left the JW organization and became a baptist-found that unsatisfying,then tried or at least investigated many other churches-methodist,anglican,catholic,church of christ,mormon,etc.-but overall was disillusioned with what I found in them all. I gave the witneses a second(and last) try,but found not only the same questions but,now being an adult, became aware of widespread corruption,dishonesty,and employment of double-standards in the organization. I went to a United Pentecostal church and a Disciples of Christ church for a short time each. I then met my present wife,who is a mormon,so I became active in that church once again. I am still a somewhat-active member,but,as she knows,I have questions and doubts about them too. Now and throughout this time I have sought a proper understanding of the scriptures, and thanks to Ray,I see the things I've always thought were true are-and he is helping me to see other truths and points from scripture which I had not realized on my own-at least not as yet. I hope all the rest of you feel the same,and hope to share these things,and get to know some of you of "like faith" better in the future! Feel free to drop a line to me at my personal email address! Thanks-and God bless!

Samson

Re: Another New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 03:09:08 AM »

Hello Doubting Saint and Welcome Aboard,

Although I wasn't raised a JW, I spent twenty years as one(1983-2003), voluntarily resigning myself from them, mainly due to their extreme Legalistic approach to Christianity and their many False Prophecies and Doctrinal Flip Flops, other reasons too, but those three were the main ones. Former Governing Body member Raymond Franz helped me tremendously during my exiting stage and so did some others. Also, I continued to not believe in the Trinity and Hell-Fire like you. Glad you found your way here, it was Gods' Will, their are other EX-JW's that belong to this forum, but I'll let them make their own introductions to you. You'll find great fellowship here and an abundance of great spiritual food, no need to worry anymore about the Salvation of others, God is going to eventually save them ALL, if not in this age.

Welcome Aboard, Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

P.S. I certainly will drop you a line at your E-mail Address, once my work week ends.

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:34:02 AM »

Welcome DS
Glad to have you here.
We have great fellowship from many brothers and sisters here.
\I was also a JW for 13 years and couldn't find answers that I wanted.

I bounced around in the Living church of god then restored church of god looking for answers until God made me see the truth, then when His time was right I found BT, WHAT A BLESSING.

Ray is without a doubt in my mind directed by Gods Spirit.

Welcome again ;D

Gods speed.
Randy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:47:25 AM by Randy »

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »

:D Welcome, Doubting Saint! I think the JW was probably the ONLY church I DIDN'T try out! heheheh! anyways.....looking forward to your posts and don't be a stranger! :)  Joyce

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »

Hi DoubtingSaint,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
Since you have just come upon the Bible-truths site, you will want to spend most of your time reading the articles.  There is so much to be learned in them and most of the questions that come up will be answered as you go alone. 
But I think you will find what we have here to be a nice escape from the world, for those times you feel a need for fellowship.  And if you have a question don't hesitate to ask, we have many here that can share different perspectives that is sure to help.

Here is a link to some of the stuff we have here, that you might like to know.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:45:27 AM »

Hello DoubtingSaint

When the Theology is wrong, corruption is the fruit :D That is why some of us have to be CUT off and grafted onto the True Vine! :D

The True Vine Truths are right here in BT ;D

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:31:59 AM »

Welcome Doubting Saint

Like your moniker at least you recognize where you are....it is the  first step towrd truth

Beloved

LittleBear

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »

Wow! I didn't think that would be so BIG!

phazel

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »

Welcome and thanks for sharing some of your walk to truth.

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »

;D
Good grief, Ursula! do you think you could get one a little bit BIGGER next time?  :D Or maybe a little bit MORE colorful ?   8)
hehehehehehehehe!!

:D :D :D
Joyce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.