bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello From La  (Read 5107 times)

eirinikos

Hello From La
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:39 PM »

Hey from Louisiana here. I've been reading this site for a few years.

Anyone else from the south?

rjsurfs

Re: Hello From La
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »

Glad to have you in the forum... and glad to hear you've been reading Ray's material for awhile.

I'm from Nashville myself... not sure if we have anyone from Louisiana.

Bobby

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:28:55 AM »

Hello from Nashville TN too

Hope you enjoy the gang here at BT forum

Beloved

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »

Hi eirinikos,

Glad you decided to introduce yourself  :)
I live on the Miss Gulf Coast, on the east side though.
I hope you will join in the discussions with us.  It's great to have the people here to share this Truth with.

mercy, peace and love
Kat 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:40:13 AM »

HI eirinikos

Do I detect some Greek influence in your Avatar name perhaps? :)

I am from South Africa.

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

phazel

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:42:06 AM »

Welcome,  Not from the south but have family in Denham Springs

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »

Welcome!
I'm from the West (fromTX, now in AZ).
I have lots of relatives in the "Stick Red"/Gonzales area. My mom was born in Bunkie, LA.

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »

Hi Eirinikos-- from Atlantic Canada! btw...what does Eirinikos mean?
:) Joyce

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »

From Toronto, Canada

Matt

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »

Welcome!
  My wife was born in N.O. and raised in Houma, me, from NJ :)

Matt

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »

Welcome Eirinkos,
I am from North Alabama and visited New Orleans at least two times a year. My wife's aunt lived there but thankfully moved here before Katrina. Stay in this forum and you will find many blessings.
Phil3:10

eirinikos

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »

Eirinikos means peaceful in Greek. Eirini is peace I believe. I don't know how to conjugate greek words, I just found it somehow. I use it for everything.

I live in an area sadly devoid of true scriptural teaching (but then again I guess that's everywhere). I go to a home church usually, and its neat because God told this guy to start it even though at the time it didn't make sense to him, so it's not one of those "we're cool b/c we have a home church" kind of deals. But, they also still believe the old baptist trinity/hell thing that I've come to hate so badly. I've discussed my beliefs with the leader there. He only responds with a smile and says he still believes in Hell, but he sincerely hopes that I'm right.

I've learned the truth through people like Bill Britton, J Preston Eby, Gary Sigler, and Ray here. My dad, however, has learned most of the true teaching by revelation alone.. something I wish I had more of. I guess he's part of the reason I so eagerly believed Britton, Eby, and Ray is because my dad used to talk about things being so wrong with church teaching, even though his talking only made me scratch my head. He is still in the church system, but is rather bitter about the whole thing.

Me personally, I am boxed in where I am. I've been in school 9 years and this is my last semester. I have no desire to start a career. I got a degree in computer science and now Im studying music. My music teacher wants me to go to grad school, but I can't stand staying in the same place any longer. I just can't do it.. I have to move on, but I don't have any idea where to go, and God hasn't spoken anything about it yet. Needless to say, I suppose, I am so dismally depressed. I don't want to live like regular people, drinking and acting stupid, and I also don't want to be around christians much because of the shallowness and sillyness they seem to live in, not to mention the crazy doctrinal issues with me being a heretic and all for not believing in the trinity or hell anymore. Loneliness is like a cancer that eats out your soul, and I feel like I'm terminal.

LittleBear

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 10:04:12 AM »

Well, I guess you're realizing you're cut from a different cloth altogether. You are a unique individual on a unique path. Lonliness is hard to take, but solitude is a gift from God. Think of it as solitude, a time to reflect in God's presence with eirinikosness. :)

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.