bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need to repent.  (Read 4848 times)

phazel

I need to repent.
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »

Folks I need to come to repentance.   While I realize that Ray explains why many of his responces are sarcastic and such,  I have allowed myself to think in my old ways.

See , I do not get it I suppose.    We may be accountable for what we do, but God is responsible and we do not have free will.   And maybe if I contemplate it as long as Ray has it will sink in a lot better.

But right now, if all that is true,  I don't get how I need to take that approach.   I mean, I read messages and take part in the mentality that tends to ridicule others.

Someone will post an e-mail link and  Ray and everyone acts like it is of someones free will that they act that way.

I understand and see that Jesus did not treat someone like the pharasees with soft warm and fuzzy words, ok,  but if the pharasees did not have a free will  then why is the responce towardas then almost as if they did.

I have read the myth of free will several times,  I look up scripture and I see the scriptural basis for it all.   And it may not be wrong to act that way, since Jesus seemed to reprimand the pharasees very harshly.

However,  I find myself wanting to feel superior and prideful that I have been given truth and someone else is still searching.   I believe I am wrong for feeling and reacting that way.   I feel it is me, I feel likwe I am in control of that, but scripture seems to say otherwise.

Anyway, if nothing else, please pray that I can feel more love for others.

Chris R

Re: I need to repent.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »

Remember always as we attempt to enlighten those whom God is calling, that we are NO BETTER than those whose doctrines we condemn. God loves and DIED for these heretics of the modern Church. They are precious to God—and they had better be PRECIOUS TO US, or we too will receive a great condemnation for feeling anything but LOVE TOWARD THEM! They may be, in fact, our enemies, but Christ instructs us to: "…LOVE YOUR ENEMIES"!! [Ray Smith]

Dear Phazel,

It isnt enough to read E-mail responces, and some articles to understand the teachings of this ministery, It is a work in progress, and many of our questions are already answered.

All of us at one time or another will get confused as to what Ray is accomplishing when he writes his answers, they are more for US than those writing the questions.

We make many choices in our lives, AND we are accountable for those choices, words, and deeds. However none of these choices are free from other circumstances, it is a hard fact to wrap your brain around, but none the less it's true.

Peace

Chris R

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:47:33 PM »

Hi Phazel,

I believe I understand what you are saying and I agree with you.  I encourage you to not "take part in the mentality that tends to ridicule others".  And when we do that you are also correct in saying that we are thinking in old ways... ways that will become dead to us if we press on with God's help.  When people write to Ray they are inviting his response, which will be truth, and it is often not what someone wants to hear.  We however, should not ridicule, mock, or condemn those same people... we ourselves have lacked understanding in the same way.  Understanding is not of ourselves but a gift from God.  If we ridicule those without understanding we are ridiculing God who blinds or gives understanding.

1Th 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I stay away from the church of man... and largely the people that are a part of that system.  However, I try to have agape love for those people and not condemn them.  I don't always succeed with that... and I too have had to repent.

Regarding understanding... you mentioned free will... keep studying what Ray has presented... study the scriptures he uses and the words.  Pray for understanding... it will come.

Bobby

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:43:35 AM »

People always like to find some fault with the way Ray answers certain emails, or with the way some of us post those emails in General Discussion and add our own opinion to them. And their reason for it is this- that since they don't have free-will, why are some ridiculing them or whatever. I'd like to ask, what makes you think, those doing the supposed ridiculing have free will? So since they don't have free will either, who are you to ridicule them? Oh wait, you also don't have free will. Heh.  :P

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »

Hi Phazel,

Okay we don't have free will, but the world is deceived and going against God's will all the time (see email below).  That's why the world is such a mess. 
I think one important thing to note is the attitude behind someone exposing those who contradict.  I know Ray personally and he is quite a humble person.  I do not believe he responds with a attitude of superiority or ridicule at all.  But just reading the emails I can see how somebody might think that, but knowing the man I do not believe it to be the case.  He is exposing the heresy, not attacking the person.

Isa 58:1  Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and show my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

but if the pharasees did not have a free will  then why is the responce towardas then almost as if they did.

And it may not be wrong to act that way, since Jesus seemed to reprimand the pharasees very harshly.

The people that Jesus reprimanded and the ones that Ray exposes will give account and will be judged for those very actions in the White Throne Judgment, if they do not repent now.  So with the right attitude it is not wrong to "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and show my people their transgression."

I hope my reply is somewhat towards what you were saying.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2885.0.html ---

Dear Sandy:  People go against God's will ALL DAY LONG. That's what most peoples' lives consist of--going against God's will.  It is God's purpose, plan, and intentions that absolutely no one has ever, or ever will go against.
Listen:  It is God's purpose and plan that people GO AGAINST HIS WILL. He purposes for people to go against His will. It is God's will that we all become PERFECT as He is perfect, but it is in His sovereign plan that we all live very imperfect lives before God begins to change us into perfecion.

God be with you,
    Ray

ellie77

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 01:13:16 AM »

Dear Phazel,
                  We are al in different stages as we are sifted and moulded.You asked for prayer so concider it done,
                    blessings,ellie......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.