bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer .  (Read 6179 times)

ellie77

Prayer .
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:42:57 AM »

Prayer request,
                      I would like to request prayer for my older son. At the moment he is homeless, jobless, no money and been,yet again, thrown out of a relationship with a woman who is very unstable and 20 years his senior.
                     Ben has a learning disability and this really spills over into his life. I've tried and tried and prayed.Two weeks ago he rang me up and spent 40.mins lying to me,came for a short visit and stole money from me. I can't afford to have him here or do another rescue. That doesn't work and isn't the right thing to do.
                    It just breaks my heart to think of his situation and all I can really do is put him into God's hands.
                    His reasoning for telling me lies is "not to stress me."I suppose stealing from me(I'm on a disability pension) has some wonderful de-stressing effect as well.
                    Sorry if this sounds a bit angry. He is probably just where God wants him to be and I should get my worry and sadness right out of the way.   Thanks Ellie....

Jackie Lee

Re: Prayer .
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »

Thats a hard situation, yes I will pray for your son.

phazel

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:23:17 AM »

I will pray.  Nothing easy about those situations.

Robin

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 07:54:25 AM »

You have my prayers Ellie.

I've gone through the same thing with my son for many years. It's very hard and it's very hard not to worry in that situation. If we let them face their own consequences they have a better chance of taking responsibility for their own behavior. If we cushion their fall they don't learn. It is easier for us to rescue them and less painful for us, but it doesn't really help them.

God used these circumstances to change me as much as he used the circumstances to change my son. I was between a rock and a hard place with no place to run. It was exactly where God wanted me. There were several times when my son was close to death and I was powerless to do anything about it. I had to learn to give my son to God. I had no other choice.

Many hugs,
MG

Samson

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »

Hello Ellie,

I extend my prayers for your Son Ben, also. Sorry to hear about his present circumstances. I was homeless in 1997 on two occasions totally 2 months, was thrown out by my Ex-wife at the time. In my case, I definitely deserved it to some extent for my Bad Temper, was verbally abusive, had problems with self-esteem and Depression. Thrown out with no job, no car and a bag of clothes. Looking back on that time period in my life, God used this as a teaching tool and probably to Humble me. Believe it or not, I tried so hard to control my anger, we were very incompatible accompanied by alot of major Stressors in our life. I can assure you that being Homeless leaves a person with a feeling of hopelessness and despair and much shame inside, so when reading your post, it hit my heart compelling me to respond. I know that God will help him, in his due time for things according to his Will. May the peace of God that excels all thought guard his heart and yours in these troublesome times.

Your Brother in christ, Samson.

ellie77

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 12:44:52 AM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers,Jackie Lee , phazel & Ricky.
M.G & Sampson, I was very touched by your own storeys and the
experiences that have helped you both grow. Ben does have an anger problem,is depressed and quite broken at this time. I will take your helps and advices. You have all helped me to stronger in this situation,while I  put Ben in God's hands. God bless you all......ellie.

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 04:54:15 AM »

Hi Ellie...
Your story has touched my heart tonight....I am so sorry for your son's situation and for yours as well. I'm a mom of seven and have a son with brain damage....you tend to want to protect those more than others...
I have also had to deal with a child that ran out into the world and only came back to steal from us from time to time....it is very heart breaking!

I just wanted to send this ONE word of encouragement for you and to let you know that I am praying for Ben as well...

and that is ...Ellie...don't forget the big picture in all of this....remember today...that He (our God) is the Saviour of ALL men! Trust Him! Hold on! As a mom, a follower of Christ and sister in the Lord, I've got your back! Hold on! We will ALL, including Ben, be new...one day! :) Joyce

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »

Hello Ellie

Just because I did not say anything does not mean your post was ignored.

Often I am speechless when faced with what some people suffer and how our Lord is investing His Strength into the weakness and hopelessness we experience in overwhelming circumstances.

You have received so much warmth, empathy and concern from the members who have answered. You too touched my heart.

Peace and His Comfort, Wisdom and Strength be with you

Arcturus :)

ellie77

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 03:08:46 AM »

I do remember the big picture,Joyce,thank you for that.Your message and your experiences brought me some tears. Probably did me good...We are never alone,even if we feel so in the impact of our trials of the world.It is a day by day thing,while I stand by amidst Ben's tears,frustrations and all his little steps to reclaim his life.
  Oh, I never felt in any way ignored Arcturus. Even if no one answered, God is always there, no matter what and he answers. All of these  posts make my heart go out to others as well and there is always much to learn for all of us. Thank you so much everyone......Blessings ellie.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »

I am still praying Ellie , I have a hard time understanding at times but try and remember this life is temporary.
If we can gather a few happy moments that helps.
 My entire family with the exception of one has pretty much given up on me.
I try not lean on the one too much or she will feel smothered and leave me too.
I have no clue what I did, I don't even say anything about my belief other than I will pray for you.
It saddens me but don't know what else to do if I make a phone call she will say I will call you tomorrow, but then never do.
 When I email any of them it is ignored.
I am just trying to remember to give this to God entirely.
It is hard to not be overcome with depressions and tears though.
 I was just getting ready to make a request for prayer in a separate thread, then I saw this one again and thought why not pray for each other knowing God is in control.

gmik

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »

What a marvelous, life affirming thread this is...no not the thread...I really mean all of you....the love and support....wow....I am so saddened by your stories and so many others over the past couple of years, and yet so proud of you all at the same time.....most of the time you all come on here and are happy and cheerful and helping others, when such things going on in your life...

aaaahhhhh, I am not making much sense!  We all know God is Large and He is in charge....but I believe our love and prayers for one another do avail much!!!!! Thank you all for sharing.

I will be thinking and praying for your sons.

Love,

gmik

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »

Just got back from Stevernator's thread on worship music!!!!  That is the ticket.  Go listen to a few and praise God.  It will build up hope and trust and love for our Lord!!! The Dave Crowder Band and the one w/ Newsboys really revved me up just now---sorry, but it feels great to praise Him.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 12:15:12 AM »

Thanks,  praise music always does help.

Samson

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

Hope Everything is getting better for your Son Ellie, I will continue to extend my Prayers for him.

Jackie Lee, I like that ***** Cat, my favorite animal, have two of my own.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

Hope Everything is getting better for your Son Ellie, I will continue to extend my Prayers for him.

Jackie Lee, I like that ***** Cat, my favorite animal, have two of my own.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Cats are my favorite little pets.
I only have one now he is 14 years old.

Phil3:10

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »

Ellie and Jackie Lee,
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your loved ones. I am dealing with an addicted love one undergoing many stresses and problems and his answer always seems to be needing more money. It is difficult to say no but I have learned that saying yes often is much worse than saying no. Hang in there and HIS peace to each of you.
Phil3:10

ellie77

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »

:)Hi everyone.....I find it amazing as well that people are having so many trials themselves but when God touches our hearts there is still that marvellous reaching out to others in their distress.I am very gratefull for the continued prayer support. Since last posting I have found myself,in dealing with my son, in nest of lies,manipulations and very odd behaviours.However the situation is at least quiet but not resolved.Those little breaks and small joys help along with prayer.Loved the little cat. Thanks....One particular day (tough day) my big tabby, Bronte, would not leave me at all. He sat looking at me intently and reached up to put a paw on my knee while giving a little trill...of "its O.k." Indi,my fluffy ginger,snuggles near with the loudest purr. Darling little comforts....Jacki...I cannot imagine what is going on with your friends.. I think.. coming into the truth  there is a massive sorting out in all areas of our life...friendships are never the same...if you would like to e.mail me at anytime you are most welcome....Thank you all for being there..I pray for you all as well...The blessings of love and support be with us all........Ellie....

ellie77

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »

Phil3:10.missed your post till just now. I empathize with your situation as my son always seems to need money to "fix it" as well. This time,while I have given him" a little" pure basic survival stuff... It does no good as you say...because we are then enabling them to continue in their behaviours....so I am learning myself to be stronger as I pray you are also strengthened in the Lord.....challenging it is.....
     Thanks gmic will look up the music,and you are right, nothing like praising  God.....does us good no matter what is going on....Ellie..... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.