bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Verses Never Quoted BY Tithing Advocates  (Read 5220 times)

hillsbororiver

Verses Never Quoted BY Tithing Advocates
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »

Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Rom 3:24  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2Co 11:7  Have I committed an offense in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Verses Never Quoted BY Tithing Advocates
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

Hi Joe

Thank you for that.

Healing the sick and raising up the dead is being practised via Babylonian sorcery. This playing God is used to manipulate the unwise into submitting to errors and following after the rules of false doctrines.

Freely give ALL THINGS means freely give all your possessions and take a vow of poverty in some Church's while in others it is freely give you tenth and take a vow of prosperity. Christiandom seems to have book ended their lies, false teachings and heresy by offering two types of lies to fit all types of people.Poverty or wealth. Take your pick and fit in!...and they do!  What a sham. All the Babylonian roads lead to deception!

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)

Martinez

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »

Hey there Joe,

That Matt 10:8 verse is one I've just noticed recently and I find very interesting indeed.

Mat 10:4  Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.
Mat 10:5  Jesus sent these twelve out, charging them, saying: Do not go into the way of the nations, and do not go into a Samaritan city.
Mat 10:6  But rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7  And going on, proclaim, saying, The kingdom of Heaven has drawn near.
Mat 10:8  Heal sick ones, cleanse lepers, raise dead ones, cast out demons. You freely received, freely give.
Mat 10:9  Do not provide gold, nor silver, nor copper in your belts,
Mat 10:10  nor provision bag for the road, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staves. For the worker is worthy of his food.

Mat 10:11  And into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is worthy; and remain there until you go out.
Mat 10:12  But entering into the house, greet it;
Mat 10:13  and if the house truly is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
Mat 10:14  And whoever will not receive you, nor will hear your words, having gone out of that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
Mat 10:15  Truly I say to you, It will be more bearable to the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in Judgment Day than for that city.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Christ not talking to us here?
The real give away for me is the fact that He tells His disciples to go preach the gospel but only to the house of Israel and not the surrounding nations.
isn't that the church?

Anyway I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but the other thing He does mention in this verse is for them not to take anything with them!

I am at a total loss as to how someone can possibly justify having ooh oh I don't know, lets say, a twentymillion dollar jet! when Christ plainly says not to take anything with you!

Christians always try and use preaching the gospel (their bad news gospel) as a reason that they have to tithe and also to pay the preacher but what Christ says is clearly contrary to that!

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM »

Those verses are bad for business.

David

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »

The only two times tithing is mentioned by Christ in the NT, it is in relation to people that Christ shows to be unworthy. Mat 23:23-24 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!"
Luke 11 also has the same rebuke. Luke 18:9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”[/color]

In Matthew 23 Christ also listed the things that the Pharasees and scribes tithed, and it was not cash. Yet they certainly had cash currency. They didn't pay Judas in mint and cumin. They didn't pay taxes to Rome in mint and cumin. Here's all the proof you need....... Matthew 22:15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17 Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the tax money.”
So they brought Him a denarius.
20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”
21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”
And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »

Haha, Sorin!

"Those verses are bad for business."

Funny, short and concise remark!

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

Most sarcastic of you Sorin ;D 8)

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »

Hehe! I can't help it, it's just the way God made me. ;p

But thanks guys.

God bless you too,
Sorin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »

Hey Sorin,

The following may also be "bad for business!"

Mic 7:18  Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Mic 7:19  He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Peace,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

Indeed Joe. I agree 100% with you on that.

Take care,
Sorin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.