bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knowledge  (Read 7348 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Knowledge
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

Professing themselves as wise, they became as fools. You do error in the scripture. I pray that God will open your eyes to the simplicity of His Word. It is not a logical belief system, but a personal relationship founded on faith. It is not about "knowledge" but about a relationship. Paul did not say I know what I believe, but in "who" I believe. I would not even know where to begin to refute the errors you have made.

Grace and Peace in Christ

Dear Ronald:  So the Scriptures are not about "knowledge," you say? You remind me of the foolishness of Job:

"Who is this [his name is Ronald] that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?" (Job 38:2)

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee..." (Hos. 4:6).

Paul knew a little bit about "knowledge" also:

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their KNOWLEDGE, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient" (Rom. 1:28).

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and KNOWLEDGE of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Rom. 11:33).

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the KNOWLEDGE of God: I speak this to your shame" (I Cor. 15:34).

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the KNOWLEDGE of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (II Cor. 4:6).

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the KNOWLEDGE of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (II Cor. 105).

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the KNOWLEDGE of HIM" (Eph. 1:17).

"Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my KNOWLEDGE in the mystery of Christ" (Eph. 3:4).

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the KNOWLEDGE of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (Eph. 4:13).

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in KNOWLEDGE  and in all judgmen" (Phil. 1:9).

"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the KNOWLEDGE of God" (Col. 1:10).

"In Whom [Jesus Christ]are hid all the treasures of wisdom and KNOWLEDGE" (Col. 2:3).

"And have put on the new man, which is renewed in KNOWLEDGE after the image of Him that created him" (Col. 3:10).

"God our Saviour;  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH" (I Tim. 2:4).

"Ever learning, and never able to come to THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH" (II Tim. 3:7).

And this one here, Ronald is really rather important (especially in your case):

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there remaineth NO MORE sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (hEB. 10:26:27).

You close with "grace and peace," Ronald, but you have not a clue as what channel it comes:

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, and of Jesus our Lord" (II Pet. 1:2).

For sure you wouldn't know where to begin to point out my errors. So "its not about KNOWLEDGE," you say.  You need to be a little more careful who you call a "fool," Ronald!

God be with you,

Ray

Craig

Re: Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »

I guess I have one question and only one.
Why did Jesus command us to preach His Gospel?
That's it

There are many, but here are a few:
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world FOR A WITNESS UNTO ALL NATIONS; and then shall the end come.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, THAT THE GENTILES BY MY MOUTH SHOULD HEAR THE WORD OF THE GOSPEL AND  B-E-L-I-E-V-E."
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: FOR IT IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVES: to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(I Cor. 1:21, Rotherham) For, seeing that, in the wisdom of God, the world, through its wisdom, did not get to knew God, God was well-pleased—through the foolishness of the thing proclaimed [the thing being the Gospel], TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE.
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

Re: Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:54:37 PM »

So, what happens to those who do not believe?

Ronald, you are so steeped in Christian paganism that you can't even read your Bible anymore and believe what you read:

In the resurrection to JUDGMENT, ALL UNBELIEVERS WILL BELIEVE:

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

And what will all this GOD KNOWLEDGE accomplish?  God our Saviour; 1Ti 2:3-6 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Phi 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Phi 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And a hundred more Scriptures just like these..........

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.