bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Pray for Roy Ellsworth  (Read 4197 times)

Phil3:10

Please Pray for Roy Ellsworth
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

I ask for prayer for a friend of mine who is currently in jail for what many feel is a made up charge. Although, he and I do not agree in the matter of the church system I have continued to support his ministry as I have witnessed his devotion to our Lord. He is a jail minister having served time in prison and the victim of dysfunctional upbringing. Roy has written 3 books and a pamplet entitled "is Christianity a Con Game." I have witnessed Roy's efforts with inmates over the past 3 years and have found him to be doing what our LORD asked in visiting the incarcerated.
Many of his supporters have been able to raise funds for his legal defense but justice moves slowly. I ask for prayer for Roy as his health is not good, for prayer that his attorney will make Roy's case a priority and for those in authority in Fayette County, Alabama that GOD will direct their actions. I strongly believe that Roy is not guilty and the evidence supports my belief. There are many people within the legal system today that are innocent and suffering untold misery. Please pray for Roy and if any feels led to drop him a note it will be greatly appreciated. I am beginning to witness in Roy's life his willingness to move out of the Babylonian system so please pray for GOD'S direction.
His mailing address is Roy Ellsworth, Fayette County Jail, 113 First Avenue, NW, Fayette, AL  35555.

phazel

Re: Please Pray for Roy Ellsworth
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »

Phil 3:10

I will be praying.

Even though my brother in law has passed away, he had a lot of trouble with getting charged for things he didn't do and because of his past there was little he could do.

He had a hard life and thought about God the way God intended while on earth.

BTW, the title of that pamphlet strikes my curiosity.  Would that happen to be online anywhere?

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:54:08 AM »

Phazeel,
I will ask Roy if it is alright to scan the pamplet and make copies available as soon as I talk to him again. My thanks to all for your prayers and concern for this injustice. Please continue to keep Roy in your prayers.

ellie77

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:14:27 AM »

Hi Phil, Praying  for your friend and you as you support him.
       blessings...        ellie.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 05:49:26 PM »

I believe Jesus is sharing with Roy the experience of false accusations that He also suffered. May HE give your friend strength endurance and patience through this trial as he is drawn closer to the experience of Christs own life when HE was on this earth. This is a blessing.

Peace to you both

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.