bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judgement Question  (Read 4238 times)

mharrell08

Judgement Question
« on: February 25, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

I've been reading the BT website for over a year and was looking through the forum questions for this answer as well. When Christ returns, then he will resurrect everyone at one time right?

David

Re: Judgement Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »

Hi there.  1 Corinthians 15:22-28 would appear that there is an order or process that will be folowed when Christ returns. Verse 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Revelation gives us more details about the order of which the dead will be raised in the last couple of chapters. Rev 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
The rest of Revelation 20 describes how those not in the 1st resurrection are dealt with.
All of these scriptures seem to indicate that there will be an order to who is resurrected and when.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

Hi there.  1 Corinthians 15:22-28 would appear that there is an order or process that will be folowed when Christ returns. Verse 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Revelation gives us more details about the order of which the dead will be raised in the last couple of chapters. Rev 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
The rest of Revelation 20 describes how those not in the 1st resurrection are dealt with.
All of these scriptures seem to indicate that there will be an order to who is resurrected and when.

Thanks David...and we don't know what the thousand years spiritually stands for correct?

David

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »

^ Well I would say that is a correct assumption. Revelation is a symbolic book, full of parables, therefore the 1000 years is likely to be symbolic of a time preiod. How long that is I have no idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.