bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attending my first ice race  (Read 4954 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Attending my first ice race
« on: February 26, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Received a call, this morning, from a local motorcycle dealer about riding one of their bikes at an ice race in Prescott Valley, AZ, this weekend. Ice racing in ARIZONA? Yep, http://xiir.com/  ;D
I've always wanted to give this a go, just never had the opportunity until now.
I will NOT be riding a "speedway" bike which does not use brakes, I'll be in an exhibition class of motocross/dirt bikes converted to ice racing. We have a back brake.  ;) :D

Patrick

Re: Attending my first ice race
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »

Finished 3rd in the Main Event. :o ;D

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

Nice.

I am a biker myself but will stick to pavement... use to do dirt but I'm too old and broken up in that back for that now.

I've seen a couple James Bond films where they were either riding down a bobsled track or down a ski slope... I couldn't imagine doing that.

Bobby

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

:D congrats to you, Patrick!
do you feel closer to God when you are in the "heat" of the race?  Have you ever prayed for help in winning a race? Just wondering. Everyone has their own "thing" and racing must be yours! I remember the movie; Chariots of Fire...and one of the main characters (who was a runner)... said; "when I run, I can FEEL His Pleasure!"  He felt that God had made him to run and therefore was pleased when he did!
:) glad you came back safe!
Joyce

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »

:D congrats to you, Patrick!
do you feel closer to God when you are in the "heat" of the race?  Have you ever prayed for help in winning a race? Just wondering. Everyone has their own "thing" and racing must be yours! I remember the movie; Chariots of Fire...and one of the main characters (who was a runner)... said; "when I run, I can FEEL His Pleasure!"  He felt that God had made him to run and therefore was pleased when he did!
:) glad you came back safe!
Joyce

Joyce, I'm not sure I feel any "closer." It's not that I forget about God during the "heat" of the race, because I'm talking to Him constantly.
I used to pray for help in winning races. Not any more.
Now my "racing" prayers are thanks for allowing me to do these types of activities, and praying for the safety of myself and all the other riders, officials, and spectators. May the best man/woman win.
If I had finished last, my prayers would have been answered. ;D
I certainly have a strong desire, which at one time was an idol of the heart, to do well; but the winning part is not so important anymore.

This event had an atmosphere of what I can imagine the gladiators experienced. We were paraded out on the ice and introduced to the crowd. Then 8 of us went to battle for the checkered flag. Winner gets to make a parade lap holding the checkered flag.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.