bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From a Calvinist's point of view  (Read 5497 times)

Sorin

From a Calvinist's point of view
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:44:31 PM »

You are destined to burn.  :P 

The religion of hopelessness.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:45:56 PM by Sorin »

phazel

Re: From a Calvinist's point of view
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »

I found calvinism interesting.   If you think about it a bit, universalism hinges on the correct definitions of a few key words.

playing devils advocate here,  lets take someone who just picks up an NIV and really studies and reads the text.   Now I know that the holy spirit can guide us, but isn't that guiding according to God, rather than us?  Of course it is, but, on the surface,   Calvinism is almost the more correct view from a bible containing the words hell, everlasting, and forever and ever because they acknowledge predestination as a non negotiable trait of a sovereign God.

In that light, christianity is the religion of self worship.

In all truth,  If we were under the control of a lying terrible God,  there would be nothing we could do about it.   

So, Calvinism is the religion of hopelessness, Christianity is the religion of self worship.   

What other can we add?    ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

I found calvinism interesting.   If you think about it a bit, universalism hinges on the correct definitions of a few key words.

playing devils advocate here,  lets take someone who just picks up an NIV and really studies and reads the text.   Now I know that the holy spirit can guide us, but isn't that guiding according to God, rather than us?  Of course it is, but, on the surface,   Calvinism is almost the more correct view from a bible containing the words hell, everlasting, and forever and ever because they acknowledge predestination as a non negotiable trait of a sovereign God.

In all truth,  If we were under the control of a lying terrible God,  there would be nothing we could do about it.   

So, Calvinism is the religion of hopelessness, Christianity is the religion of self worship.   

The greater of two evils would definately have to be calvanism i would say. I disagree though that calvanism is <b>more</b> correct when looking at the bible. I believe neither is more correct than the other.

Christianity sees that God doesn't want anyone to burn they just don't understand that what God wants is what He gets. Calvanism doesn't even see the fact that God doesn't want anyone to burn, which is scripture. ['The Lord is not willing that ANY should perish.' and 'it never entered my heart that they should do this abomination.' - makeing children pass through fire] They see God as purely createing people just to watch them burn or so that they may burn. This is wicked, discusting, evil evil doctrine of demons. From the throne of satan in the midst of God's people.

I think they are equaly wrong, meaning neither is the right choice.

The straight and narrow and looking at these two cases the straight and narrow is exactly that, some narrow pass between the two.

God bless,

Alex

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

What other can we add?   

Truth, is no religion it is our life line, our only hope is in Christ.  And he will not ever fail anyone.

Craig

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »

Hey phazel,

The truth of the salvation of all does not hinge on a few correct interpretations but the entire bible testifies of it.
Calvinism to me is a natural progression from your garden variety Christianity.
The place where where Calvinism falls down in a big big way is LOVE!

Little Joe

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »

I was a Calvinist before BT, so it was a natural progression for me, and also one big reason to dismiss the hell doctrine. Only an unimaginably cruel God would predestine people for Hell. 

But it's not about Doctrine anyway, its about Christ.

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 02:06:55 AM »

I was a Calvinist before BT, so it was a natural progression for me, and also one big reason to dismiss the hell doctrine. Only an unimaginably cruel God would predestine people for Hell. 

But it's not about Doctrine anyway, its about Christ.

Yes!!!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.