bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I got here.  (Read 3453 times)

David

How I got here.
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »

I'd like to share my testimony with everyone, as to how I came to Bible Truths.
I came to Christ quite late in life, only a few years ago. Like most British families of my generation, my parents were "Christians" but never took religion seriously. They had me and my brothers baptized CofE, sent us to Sunday school, took us to Church for family weddings, Christenings and funerals and that was about it. I went through a period in my 20s and 30s of half hearted atheism, why I really don't know. I take that back, I do know, it's because I had a wicked heart of unbelief. It was through the witnessing of a Friend from the US that brought me to Christ. I joined a small none denominational Evangelical Church, and thought that was it, I'm saved. I jumped right in and got involved in anything and everything that went on with the Church, believing I was truly serving God and prepairing his kingdom. We were taught all the lies there are in the Church, and practiced all the ritual nonesense. Although they were none denominational, they had a little of everything thrown into their practice, teaching and worship. It was after a personal tragedy that I really started to question the whole eternal hell rubbish. I was already starting to get uncomfortable with the prayer etc, it all seemed to be contrary to scripture. My youngest brother was killed by a drink driver. At his funeral the local parish Vicar said something to me that was by far the most Christian thing I'd heard since joining the Church I was in. I knew without them saying anything, that my Church believed my brother had gone straight to Hell. He was a good man, devoted husband and father, devoted brother and son, hard working, law abiding, loyal and generous to his friends etc, but had little time for religion and wasn't "saved". The Vicar at his funeral seemed to sense my anguish over and above the normal grief one would feel and display. He came to me and said "My son, don't worry about your brothers eternal fate, do you think that you or anyone else loved him more than Jesus Christ loves him? Be rested in your heart that Christ will be with him." That was like a bombshell on everyting I'd been taught in my Church.
I started to take more notice of what was taught in Church, testing it against scripture, and sure enough lie after lie after lie.
I first came accross Ray through the ministry he used to be part of, by watching the lake of fire video on Google. I then watched everything there was from that ministry. I also checked out both the sites and became an avid reader and listener of both.
After emailing Ray a few times with some questions, to which Ray very kindly took the time to answer, I was told about Ray splitting from that ministry, I hasten to add only because I had associated the two in my emails.
I've been listening and reading daily for several months now, sometimes for a few hours, sometimes just briefly if I'm real busy. I take my MP3 player that has Rays audios on it everywhere and listen whenever I'm alone on the road, working alone, or just home alone. I see and hear something new almost daily, and praise God for the work he is doing in Ray and his ministry.     

steve

Re: How I got here.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:53:30 AM »

Thanks for sharing your story with us David. I hope that will you feel welcome here.

phazel

Re: How I got here.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »

Thanks for sharing that David.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.