bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: women in ministry  (Read 12660 times)

Samson

Re: women in ministry
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »

Hello Bradigans,

I briefly mentioned in my Post the distinction between Diakonsos(Minister or Servant) in a Non-Technical sense, literally meaning one who is dusty from running in the service of others, Exp was Phoebe, Rom. 16:1 contrasted with Diakonoi(Deacon), minister in a technical sense as described at 1Tim. 3:1-10(Qualifications of a Deacon mentioned their, a Husband of one Wife, assisting the Elders(Presbyters) or Overseers(Episcopos), usually rendered "Bishop".

Your brother in Christ, Samson.

P.S. I think that in parts of Christendom, Diakonos and Diakonoi are used interchangeably, but their seems to be a distinction between the two.

Bill

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

you gave me scrpture on being a wife...not a pastor

The scripture I gave you was on deacons and overseers aka pastors & preachers...a pastor or preacher is an overseer correct? And the scripture states that one is to be a husband to one wife. So in turn, they would conclude a man since woman do not have wives.

Paul did not have a wife either.  Would this conclude he is not an exceptable overseer?

Bill
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:33:45 PM by Bill »

zidore

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

Having thought about this for some time myself,And seeing and hearing several females on tv and radio. I wondered too about women teaching. But I have come to learn and truly believe that God is incharge, his will be done in our lives. Search your heart, is it for others or, yourself. God will provide the answer for you. If it is his will for you, you will succeed, if not you will fail. Z

Phil3:10

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »

To all,
This is just my thinking and I feel there is much support in the Bible that a woman's teaching role is to be limited. The word Pastors is mentioned only one time in the New Testament. I personally feel there may be many Pastors within a single church. Senior Pastor seems to me an elevation that I don't feel is Biblical. Having come out of the church system I feel we need elders, deacons and overseers who are qualified to teach.  However, their teaching should be more by example than enticing words.  The whole pastor system is basically trading a priest for a pastor and all the ills incumbent with the denominational, institutional and organized church system. When I came out of the church system I had a pastor that I loved and I still do. However, he was so theologically attached to the church system and man made traditions that GOD dragged me out completely. I praise GOD for this. Now I am not in bondage to the Babylonian system and can worship in spirit and in truth.
Having digressed from my main point concerning women as pastors, I will try to wrap up my thoughts. I think we all are ministers both men and women. It is my personal belief that I find more women that are truly committed to Christ than I do men. They are perhaps better equipped than men to teach and certainly have a most important role to play in teaching their children and other women. My daughter and I often disagree over this subject and I respect her arguments. However, as GOD is over Christ and CHRIST is over his called out one's so is the husband over the wife. I think Paul, directed by GOD"S SPIRIT, had a purpose ordained by GOD to limit the role of women. I could argue my reasons for my thinking but doubt they would be constructive in this discussion.
Phil3:10

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »

Either you believe the scriptures or you don't. The beast doesn't want to relinquish his power and this is a battle not just fought by the men, but by the women as well. What kind of independant women wants to be subject to her husband anyway? Subject.. what a nasty word right? I'm independant and free and i don't need him crys the beast!

God bless,

Alex

Beloved

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

The origininal question
I have recently felt a call to ministry but i have heard that women cant be pastors...i was wondering what everyone thinks.

What a Nicolation statement.....we are ALL called.....the problem is that many called fail to follow the TRUE SHEPARD and willing submit to clergy and the tradtions of men. 

Those who now hear the voice of Christ...... take up their cross and follow Him and die daily.....we are brethern ...no leaders here.  :D

Therefore the question is irrelevant....the servant.... serves....If you are humble and do the job well you are acting as a junior shepard...You are not in charge, you are not the source of information, you are still just a sheep yourself

Mat 23:8 KJVR)  But be not ye called Rabbi (Teacher): for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

(Mat 23:9 KJVR)  And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

(Mat 23:10 KJVR)  Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

(Mat 23:11 KJVR)  But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

(Mat 23:12 KJVR)  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

(Mat 23:13 KJVR)  But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

If you understand that the bible is a parable...then the gender thing is too.....study on it.   The many called who become the laity in the church are foolish women with itchy ears.     ::)

Did women serve....absoloodle....look how they are mentioned in the scriptures. They supported Jesus and the apostles....mostly nameless except for a few.

Beloved

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:07 PM »

The origininal question
I have recently felt a call to ministry but i have heard that women cant be pastors...i was wondering what everyone thinks.

What a Nicolation statement.....we are ALL called.....the problem is that many called fail to follow the TRUE SHEPARD and willing submit to clergy and the tradtions of men. 

Those who now hear the voice of Christ...... take up their cross and follow Him and die daily.....we are brethern ...no leaders here.  :D

Therefore the question is irrelevant....the servant.... serves....If you are humble and do the job well you are acting as a junior shepard...You are not in charge, you are not the source of information, you are still just a sheep yourself

Mat 23:8 KJVR)  But be not ye called Rabbi (Teacher): for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

(Mat 23:9 KJVR)  And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

(Mat 23:10 KJVR)  Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

(Mat 23:11 KJVR)  But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

(Mat 23:12 KJVR)  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

(Mat 23:13 KJVR)  But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

If you understand that the bible is a parable...then the gender thing is too.....study on it.   The many called who become the laity in the church are foolish women with itchy ears.     ::)

Did women serve....absoloodle....look how they are mentioned in the scriptures. They supported Jesus and the apostles....mostly nameless except for a few.

Beloved

Amen sister! =] <3

Bradigans

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »

I believe the problem nowadays is everyone wants to be noticed. They're seeking the accolades of men (theological degrees) rather then the approval of God. Folks will compromise God's word to be noticed and commended in a local assembly they call church.

- John 12:43 - For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Don't be concerned about being noticed by the hypocrites. Have you ever experienced God's Spirit? Ministry in THE CHURCH (Mark 14:58, 1 Corinthians 12:13, 1 Peter 2:5) can take many forms, but Paul stressed certain guidelines when it came to the local church as Ray, James, Samson and a few others explained. The local church has been compromised. They allow everything. By and large, I believe Christ's Spirit is no longer in there. This is why God is and has called His children out.   

psalmsinger

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 08:12:14 AM »

I was just thinking about the bible being one parable and considering that "woman" represents the carnal nature of man.  If it be so, then it would
be expedient that the "carnal" keep silent, whether male or female.  Likewise, the spiritual "man" should be given a voice to proclaim the truth Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father.  That certainly takes the statement by Paul to a higher level. 
1 Cor 11:3
3   But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I daresay if a true woman or man of God is called God to minister the absolute Truth to a carnal belief system, they should have the covering of Jesus Christ over the head of their spiritual man.   It is the carnal nature that seeks to silence the truth and even persecute and kill the messenger.  Even the thought of such a calling should cause the heart to fear and tremble.  Do nothing to please the beast, but seek only to please God. Let the desires of your heart be His desires :) The Lord's will be done....go with God.

1 Cor 2:2-4
2   For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3   And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4   And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

Eph 6:5-7
5   Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
6   Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
7   With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
(KJV)

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Pua Aloha

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

It doesn't concern me if women or men are pastors.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.