bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God warned Adam  (Read 6011 times)

zidore

God warned Adam
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:38:58 AM »

Can someone help me thru this. God warned Adam not to eat the fruit, then God formed Eve. Adam was warned, Eve was not yet formed. This question has bothered me for years.

rjsurfs

Re: God warned Adam
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:04 AM »

Welcome to the forum Zidore.

What's the question exactly?

Bobby

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:35:05 AM »

Hi Zidore,

Yes the order of the Scripture is as you said, v. 16 "God commanded the man" then v. 22 "made he a woman."

Gen 2:16  And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Gen 2:22  And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.

But you will notice that later when the serpent was talking to Eve she knew that she was not to eat the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden.

Gen 3:2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

So whether it was God Himself that taught this to Eve or she learned it from her husband, she did know what she should not do.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

David

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »

Genesis 2:24 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

I think we can deduce from this scripture that seeing as they were to become one flesh (I say "were" because Adam had not yet "known" Eve), Adam shared all that God had taught him with Eve about the garden. Notice in verse 13 of Genesis 3, And the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
Here Eve knows the identity of the creature that has decieved her, and understands that she has been decieved. We're not told how she acquired this knowledge of the identity of the creature which decieved her. We're told that Adam gave the names to all living creatures. Again we can only deduce that he shared his knowledge with Eve. 

zidore

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »

Thanks to those that haved help. Z

David

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »

I've been meditating quite a bit on Adam and Eve these last two days.
I think there are two key scriptures in chapter 3 of Genisis that prove that God is making man in his own image, rather than made man in his image.

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise

Here in verse 5 of chapter 3 the serpant is giving Eve some truth, even though he's using it as part of the deception. "And you will be like God, knowing good and evil". If Adam and Eve were already in the image or likeness of God, why would the serpant use the phrase will be, future tense? In verse 6 we see that Eve commits all of the sins John lists in 1 John 2:16 that are in the world, before she even touches the tree. 1 John 2:16For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
Eve ate of the tree because she was a sinner, made that way By God. She did not become a sinner because she ate of the tree, which is mainstream orthodox Christian teaching. As Ray often teaches, why would someone in the image/likeness of God sin?
Genesis 3:22 22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Here in verse 22 God says that man has become like on of us.........you cannot become something unless you were not that thing beforehand. If Adam and eve after coming to the knowledge of good and evil, became more like God, then no way were they ever in his image/likeness to begin with. God then expresses concern that man might take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever, have imortality. In the NASV the word might is used, in the NIV its worded "He must not be allowed........"
Be blessed
David.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »

Eve knew what not to do because Adam had told her so. But also keep in mind that Adam stood by in silence as the Serpent spread his lies to Eve and she ate. In my so humble opinion, the sin is shared equally by both Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:6  The woman stared at the fruit. It looked beautiful and tasty. She wanted the wisdom that it would give her, and she ate some of the fruit. Her husband was there with her, so she gave some to him, and he ate it too.

I think this is a great lesson to husbands regarding the protection of their wives.
Lin

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »

"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

What does it mean to be "in Transgression?"

Anyone know exactly? What does transgression mean again, i think i'm haveing a spiritual brain fart here, for a lack of better words, lol.

Stevernator

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 06:51:01 AM »

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Hope that helps.

cherokee

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »

Alex,

Here is what transgression means:

A violation of a law, command or duty.
An act that goes beyond generally accepted boundaries.

Hope that helps.
Suzie

David

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 04:54:04 AM »

Eve knew what not to do because Adam had told her so. But also keep in mind that Adam stood by in silence as the Serpent spread his lies to Eve and she ate. In my so humble opinion, the sin is shared equally by both Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:6  The woman stared at the fruit. It looked beautiful and tasty. She wanted the wisdom that it would give her, and she ate some of the fruit. Her husband was there with her, so she gave some to him, and he ate it too.

I think this is a great lesson to husbands regarding the protection of their wives.
Lin

I also think there are some positive lessons about the way in which Adam behaved towards his wife in this situation.
By eating of the fruit also, he knew he would die.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her.
 Eph 528 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Although Adam was as guilty as Eve, he displayed all of these things in these scriptures. He loved Eve so much he disobeyd God in the full knowledge of the consiquences.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:55:58 AM by David »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.