bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This has to be said.  (Read 12694 times)

Robin

Re: This has to be said.
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 06:18:47 AM »

We do what we do because God willed it. Okay. Now what?

See what I mean?

We weren't meant to fixate on the lack of free will in and of itself, because that's empty... it leads nowhere. The point is that events have a purpose. Nothing that has passed was in vain. That's the thing that matters.

All the events in the first 40 years of my life led me to ask the question. Now What?
I was totally fixated on my lack of free will during the next several years and totally dependent on God. It took God 40 patient years to bring me to that point.

From our first parents onward, God has always allowed men to believe that they are able of and by themselves (by their supposed phantom "free" will) to love God and be obedient to His laws. Despite God’s plethora of testimonies to the contrary, theologians and philosophers alike have taught mankind that they are indeed ABLE TO CHOOSE and, ABLE TO DO and to carry out that choice, because they have the "free will" within them to do so. What they have within them is a "beast" that is no more able to choose and obey God than any literal beast of the field.
http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

There is nothing empty about seeing the beast within and asking "Now what?". Most people will never ask that question in this age. I will never forget that moment when God gave me the clear understanding that I was the beast and I did not have the free will to fix myself. Learning God was sovereign came after that and it was and is a very painful process. I had to know that I wasn't sovereign [commonly called "free will] first.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 06:53:19 AM by M.G. »

Sorin

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 07:08:01 AM »

Quote from: Huntr
That's the second time you've had nothing to contribute. What's that like, Sorn?

::)

You still didn't answer my question. And what have you contributed, other then strife? What's that like Huntr?

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:25:39 AM by Sorin »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »

I believe selfishness plays into it. They have to overcome the baby trend of "I don't have free will." And repeat it incessantly to try to make everything about them. Also . . . they feel like something has been taken from them. It's hard for some when they wake up one morning and find they wasted years of their life, all the while having owned nothing, including their free will.

It's quite beatiful.

But it's not that "I don't have free will", it's that "GOD is sovereign."

The magnetism of Ray's teachings to some is another indulgance of that baby behavior. That's why God has to spank their bottoms.  ;)

There is no doubt you were the same at one time. Others are just now coming to understand these things. Don't criticize them because you are further down the road. Their journey just started (should those who started before you criticize you?).

Sorin

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 01:47:37 PM »

"Brother" must be code for domestic partner.

That's not convincing anyone, Arcterus.

Way to contribute there, big guy. Really, I mean, wow-what would we do without you...without your great contribution to this site?

Sorin

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

Hi Hunter,

Perhaps they were not "useless" to others (besides yourself) that happen to be reading this thread.

Peace,

Joe

Amen Joe! I would have said "Brother" but some sicko out there might accuse us of being "Domestic Partners".  ;)

So I'll stay on the safe side, heh

Take care,
Sorin

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »

O.K this thread is over.  Lets move on.

Craig

Kat

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »

I guess it's easy to get caught up in the moment and get carried away and before we know it we say something that was better left unsaid.  It certainly happens to me.
What I'm thinking, is that anyone that posts here opens themself up to dialogue.  It's not wrong to disagree, as long as we keep it civil. 
Just because some do not agree with something that is said, there is no reason to bicker and resort to name calling.  

Philippians 2:1  So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
v. 2  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
v. 3  Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.
v. 4  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
v. 5  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.