bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: revival or a falling away?  (Read 3904 times)

Triton

revival or a falling away?
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »

Hi All,

I'd like some help on a question I have.

A certain person, a "prophetess" recently came to Taiwan and prophesied over Taiwan in front of nearly 3000 local pastors and leaders.
She said that the nation of Taiwan would become a christian nation. Meaning that the number of Christians would increase to over 50%.
Currently they number about 3%.
Her seminar along with some other "leaders" had many encounters of healing and miracles.

As I understand, the bible speaks of a "falling away from the faith", towards the end of this current age. Am I right on this?

Churches are now very excited about this prophecy.

The believers around me, seem to be believing in this prophecy.

As always, I'm the odd one. And I know some see me as having less and less faith cause I'm not going with the flow anymore.
But, anyway, that's the way it is I guess.

So, is there anyone who could help me with whether or not there's gonna be "a falling away" or a big revival, not jst in Taiwan, but in many other countries as well?

I think I know what you'll say, but I don't just want to trust on my own understanding.

Thanks to ya all.

Take care
Paul

Kat

Re: revival or a falling away?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »

Hi Triton,

It is my understanding that the church will continue to grow and add to it's number right up to the time that Christ returns.

Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The church is the many.

Mat 24:11  Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Mark 13:5  And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
v. 6  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Those that will fall away from their first love is speaking of the Elect few. 
Here is an excerpt taken from the Lake of Fire part 14 'The Beast Within.'

EXCEPT THERE COME A FALLING AWAY FIRST

What an astonishing truth it is, that God CAUSES all those destined from the foundation of the world, to be chosen in Christ, that they should "fall away" from the Truth and "leave their first love" before they can be truly spiritually converted. Yet this is the plain declaration of Scripture.

Peter fell away:

"Jesus said unto him [Peter], Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, you shall deny me thrice [three times]" (Matt. 26:34).

All the apostles fell away:

"Then said Jesus unto them, ALL YE shall be offended because of Me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad" (Matt. 26:31).

"And they ALL forsook Him, and fled." (Mark 14:50).

Paul fell away:

"As for Saul [renamed Paul], he made havock of the church…" (Acts 8:3) [while at the very same time he was "blameless" in keeping the Law of Moses] (Phil. 3:6).

ALL the Churches in Asia fell away after being in full support of Paul’s ministry. First:

"The churches of Asia salute [greet] you…" (I Cor. 16:19).

Later near the end of Paul’s ministry:

"This you know, that ALL they which are in Asia be TURNED AWAY FROM ME…" (II Tim. 2:15).

Paul warned the Ephesian Elders about the "flock—church" falling away:

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock [the whole flock]." (Acts 20:29).

Jesus prophesied that all who will become overcomers will have first fallen away temporarily by leaving their first love:

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you [the seven-in-one golden candlestick church of God that is, was, and will be] have LEFT YOUR FIRST LOVE" (Rev. 2:4).

Jesus Himself calls this leaving of our first love, a falling away:

"Remember therefore from whence you ARE FALLEN, and REPENT…" (Rev. 2:5).

Whenever we "fall," we leave our "first love." For spiritual falling IS, LEAVING LOVE. Jesus said that when we leave our first love we are to ‘remember from whence we are FALLEN…’ Love itself has not failed us, but we have failed love, for true love is not capable of failure or falling:

"Charity [Old English for ‘love’] never fails…" (I Cor. 13:8).

Jesus reprimands us for "falling" from love in Rev. 2:5. Interestingly, the word translated "fails" in I Cor. 13:8 is the very same word translated "fallen" in Rev. 2:5. And so, "love never FALLS," but before we are saved, we will fall.

Why is it that this Scriptural truth is not taught in the Church? Simple: Most in the church have not as yet experienced "leaving their first love." Therefore, they are still deceived, and CANNOT see the beast within. They are still in the process of constructing their spiritual house upon the sand. Most will never see the beast in this lifetime.
-----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.