bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Illegal BURNING!  (Read 5167 times)

joyful1

Illegal BURNING!
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »

Hello to all! :)

Jude 1:23
 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

When I read the above verse.....I found myself asking.....why? WHY TRY TO SAVE SOMEONE FROM THE FIRE? ARE NOT FIRERY TRIALS GOOD FOR US?
Can anyone SAVE another person from THE FIRE?? Are we NOT supposed to WANT the purifying qualities that come ONLY from THE FIRE??

Then I looked these passages too:
Dan 3:4
4 Then a herald cried aloud: “To you it is commanded, O peoples, nations, and languages, 5 that at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, you shall fall down and worship the gold image that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up; 6 and whoever does not fall down and worship shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.”

Jer 5:14 “ Because you speak this word,
Behold, I will make My words in your mouth fire,
And this people wood,
And it shall devour them.
Is not My word like a fire?” says the LORD,

And THAT'S when it HIT ME!!
ARE THERE NOT TWO KINDS of fire??? The Fire from God in speaking the Word...which will accomplish all of His good pleasure....

and the Illegal Burning caused by Babylon in speaking hell-fire and damnation! A FALSE FIRE, if you will.  It seems to me, that there is a big difference between feeling "burned" because God spoke TRUTH to you and you now must REPENT.....and the BURNING caused by Babylon's Firery Furnace!!

Babylon wants to THROW us "little ones" (Hebrew CHILDREN) into the FIRE and BURN us because we refuse to bow down and worship the golden image when the MUSIC is being played.

The music of Babylon is playing (false doctrines that do not HARMONIZE with the truths of Scripture).......who is listening?
The chords are out of tune with God....the music is NOISE....
God wants the NOISE to STOP!

So....the above are just my thoughts...just wondering what you guys thought about this....

? Joyce :)

hillsbororiver

Re: Illegal BURNING!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »

Hi Joyce,

The following came to mind as I read your post, the Christ and His elect are the Lake Of Fire and as such will be bringing the Fall Harvest through the "flames" I would suspect (if I am interpreting the following scriptures properly) that some will need more time in the purifying Fire than others, hence some being snatched out to enter the Kingdom as others are still being burnished.

Luk 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord's will and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Luk 12:48  But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Great topic! By the way I like your the phrase you coined "false fire" the false fire has no redeeming value, His Fire brings true life!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »

Hi Joyce

I am more certain every day, that Babylon counterfeits what God authenticates. Babylons fruit is false. Babylons teachings are false. Babylons beliefs are false and yes the fire of Babylons rejection, persecution, derision and mockery is like a false fire as you say and those little ones of God, who are cast into it walk through such fire unscathed as did Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego as you noted in another thread.  8)

Peace to you sister

Arc :)

...am still enjoying the coffee!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:47:25 PM by Arcturus »

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »

Joe,
I now see judgement as good and fire as purifying. My question is if we will be in a spiritual body at this time? I know the elect will judge and be like Christ, but what about those in the Great White Throne Judgement?  I do feel there will be different periods of time to purify and cleanse and Joyce's post on two kinds of fire is most interesting. Our purifying will lead to our being saved, yet so as by fire. The loss we shall suffer and the  works burned will depend on what? (1 Corinthians 3:15) Once carnal men is dead and the dead know nothing, how do you see the purifying and cleansing process? Do you see this as the time when GOD'S WORD will go forth to all and every knee will bow and every tongue confess or do you think this will occur on Christ's first return?
I know this is a lot of questions and may not make good sense. However, this site has changed my entire thinking on judgement, punishment and salvation. Any input will be appreciated.

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »

Hi Joyce!

What an amazing book Daniel is.
Here is what I just saw when I read you post.

Dan 3:5  That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
Dan 3:6  And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

Is that not your average garden variety christian worship service right there?

I've been forced to worship that idol before!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:00:56 PM by Martinez »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »

Joe,
I now see judgement as good and fire as purifying. My question is if we will be in a spiritual body at this time? I know the elect will judge and be like Christ, but what about those in the Great White Throne Judgement?  I do feel there will be different periods of time to purify and cleanse and Joyce's post on two kinds of fire is most interesting. Our purifying will lead to our being saved, yet so as by fire. The loss we shall suffer and the  works burned will depend on what? (1 Corinthians 3:15) Once carnal men is dead and the dead know nothing, how do you see the purifying and cleansing process? Do you see this as the time when GOD'S WORD will go forth to all and every knee will bow and every tongue confess or do you think this will occur on Christ's first return?
I know this is a lot of questions and may not make good sense. However, this site has changed my entire thinking on judgement, punishment and salvation. Any input will be appreciated.

Hi Phil3:10,

Whew! Quite a few questions there.  ;) Your enthusiasm is contagious though, we all want so bad to know these "secrets of the Kingdom" but the Lord puts this huge desire within us and then proceeds to teach us to be patient. He does seem to have an ironic sense of humor.

To your first question, yes I believe the elect will be in spiritual bodies and even more importantly have spiritual minds because we shall be like Him!

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed.

1Jn 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I tend to see that the rest of humanity will still be in corruptable bodies (flesh) because so far it has not been revealed otherwise, there is no promise that they will be raised incorruptable. Remember those raised from the dead during Christ's ministry, at His resurrection and those who were raised from the dead by the apostles? They could very well be a shadow of those raised to judgment as I am positive they had trials, tribulation, sickness, pain and sorrow after being raised

As to the loss we suffer it will surely have to do with what we did with the faith, grace and knowledge we were given and whether we embraced it and humbly sought more or felt complacent and did nothing but bury those talents and hide that Light under a bushel. This is difficult to catagorize as God states that His chosen cannot be deceived and it is He who does the choosing. We must do what Paul admonishes and run the race with all of our heart into it.

Certainly God's Word will be going forth and He will have His elect as a part of carrying it forward, even the OT prophets will be recipients of the grace our Lord grants His chosen to distribute to all the rest of His creation at the Fall harvest..

Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

(Read the whole chapter)

Think about that promise in Hebrews, it is almost incomprehensible, at least to me it is.

Yes again, I do think that this will be the time when all God's Word, pure and undefiled by man made doctrines wil finally go forth.

For a real in depth study on this reread LOF Part 6 "The Two Judgments By Fire"
@ http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

TWO JUDGMENTS BY FIRE

Only two sections of Scripture speak of judging every man’s work in fire. They are Revelation 20 and I Corinthians 3. Earlier in this series we covered many Scriptures showing that Judgment is on the House of God NOW (from the time of the Apostles until the return of Christ), and that there is coming a later judgment at the Great White Throne. All humanity and all angelic messengers will be judged in one of these two judgments by fire.

In Part V we saw how God likens believers to a garden that is to produce fruit. God also likens our spiritual development to that of a building. We are to produce much "spiritual fruit" which will also make us "living stones" in a great temple prepared for God’s dwelling place. We will now continue our study beginning with the Foundation upon which all this spiritual structure is to be built.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »

Joe,
Thanks so very much for your explanation and I agree wholly that we only will be allowed to partly know GOD'S plan in this life and I doubt that in our human failings we could handle it if we knew all.  Spiritual bodies and minds, what a thought. I can't even  imagine when GOD's righteousness shall cover all the earth. What a time that will be and what a time to look forward to. What GOD has in store for HIS sons and daughters is incomprehensible to my weak mind.
In HIM,

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »

:D Hi guys!
:::::pouring more coffee for Arcturus:::::   mmmmmm its coconut coffee!!  :) and still warm! Right off the FIRE! heheheheh!!!  :D

Martinez-- right on brother! exactly!  :D

Joe-- so you think that we "save some from TOO MUCH BURNING by pulling them out sooner??" I don't quite follow what you are saying about this....please forgive me if I've misunderstood! You see, I took this admonishment from Jude to be relative to the HERE and NOW? (*I'm suddenly wondering if I saw this verse on the spurious text list? where's Kat where you need her??) :)

God's fire hurts....but it brings about peace and reconciliation!

Babylon's illegal burning condemns....and brings about self-hate and hate in general for the church and for God!

God's fire is His WORDS in our mouths, right?
Babylon's words are its FIRE too! They quote scripture but I am wondering if indeed God PUT THOSE words in THEIR mouths? I know that when the Father sends forth HIS WORD....it accomplishes what He sent it to do!

I am thinking that we all have probably either experienced this type of "burning" from Babylon ourselves or have witnessed it being done to others.

I know that I have because I was/am a real pyromaniac for Babylon's teachings!! I KNOW that I hurt others by my words! for sure! But I REALLY thought that I was "doing God a service" by MAKING PEOPLE FEEL BAD ABOUT THEIR SINS SO THAT THEY WOULD REPENT AND BE SAVED!

For instance:

"Well, if you'd been praying in the spirit and tithing more often, this wouldn't have happened to you!"  

"You must have some secret sin in your life, otherwise you would have been healed by now!

All false stuff....but when the "child" doesn't understand that....they just get BURNED by the Babylonian church.  See what I mean? This is Illegal Burning! They DON'T have a PERMIT!!!

anyway....
If we are to "snatch some from the fire," I am wondering.....WHY? I don't see the passage in Jude describing the false fire from Babylon, but indeed, a burning from the Lord? this is puzzling me?
Joyce :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.