bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rest of Humanity  (Read 4051 times)

mharrell08

The Rest of Humanity
« on: February 28, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »

I was re-reading over the Lake of Fire series and trying to get some things straightened out. The "few that have been chosen" aka The Elect are raised from the dead and changed into spiritual bodies and given immortality when Christ returns. The Elect who are alive when Christ returns are also changed into spiritual bodies and given immortality. Jesus and The Elect are then to judge the rest of humanity. So here's my questions:

1. Will the rest of humanity that is asleep (dead) be raised with an immortal body even though they were not spiritually minded when they perished?

2. Will the rest of humanity that is alive when Christ returns be made into immortal bodies?

3. How exactly will Christ and His Elect judge and bring the rest of humanity into the truth?

4. Is the reigning with Christ for (a thousand years) when the judging of the rest of humanity happens?

I understand from the Lake of Fire series that everyone voluntarily judges themselves so I just want some help understanding how Christ and The Elect judge and do what they do. Hope that makes sense.

P.S  I LOVE the fellowship with like-minded believers here. It is wonderful and I almost feel guilty for enjoying it so much. It is so refreshing to talk with people who truly love the Word of God and not a religious system. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:54:58 PM by mharrell08 »

Kat

Re: The Rest of Humanity
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »

Hi Mharrell,

Here are a few emails that answer some of your questions.  Ray has not taught very much on the period after Christ's return, just bits and pieces here and there.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4445.0.html ------

Dear Jimmy:  It just amazes me how utterly short-sighted Biblical scholars and theologians can be when they are locked into their pagan traditions.  Jesus had a special REWARD/AWARD for all His followers. What was it? Heaven? NO. Eternal life? NO. All humanity will be given immortality which is in effect eternal, everlasting life. So what is so special that only the CHOSEN FEW will receive it? It is ruling and reigning and judging with Jesus Christ!  This reign is "eonian" or "age-lasting." It is decidedly NOT "eternal," as we are plainly told that it will END (I Cor. 15:25). Jesus rules only "UNTIL" He puts all enemies under His feet, at which time He hands over the reign of the Kingdom to His God and Father (Verses 27-28). All enemies will learn RIGHTEOUSNESS and ultimately be saved (Isa. 26:9, I Tim. 2:4, I Tim. 4:10, Phil. 2:9-11, Eph. 1:10, etc., etc., etc).

And so, those who do not quality to rule, reign, and judge with Christ, will themselves BE JUDGED. And judgment means to set things right. Hence "the [wicked] shall go away into everlasting [Gk: 'eonian'] punishment [Gk: 'chastisement']: but the righteous [the chosen Elect Few[ into life eternal [Gk: 'eonian' also]"  (Matt. 25:46). Aionios is the adjective form of the noun aion. Aion means an "age."  Aionios means that which pertains to an age. Eternus is a Latin word that surprisingly traces it etymology to the Greek word aion. Eternus never, ever meant "endless time" until hundreds of years after the Bible was completed and the Catholic Church decided that aions would be now taught to be "ENDLESS ages." As aion and aionios never meant endless, the word endless had to be affixed to aion and aionos in order to ever give it such a false and erroneous meaning.

The root of "kolasis" means "cutting off," as in pruning a tree. One prunes a tree to make it PRODUCE MORE FRUIT, not to kill it!  The wicked are chastised (judged) for the period of Christ's reign and the Saints reign for the period of Christ's reign. Both periods are the same length--until their purpose has been accomplished. Simple, huh? And Scriptural as well. God will torture no one for all eternity. That is blasphemously insane!!
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6244.0.html -----

Dear Beau:  It is only the "we"--the believing elect of God that will be resurrected with spiritual bodies (I Cor. 15:42-54).  Hitler will not be resurrected with a POWERFUL, GLORIOUS, SPIRITUAL BODY! (I Cor. 15:42-44. Those with these GLORIOUS bodies are the "we"  of verse 49, not the wicked and unbelieving who will be resurrected to JUDGMENT.
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4544.0.html -----------

COMMENT:  The Bible may teach "eternal punishment" (actually "everlasting punishment is what the King James says. The term "eternal punishment" is not even found in the King James). But "everlasting" is a bogus translation. It should read "eonian chastisement," which does come to an end and the fruit of chastisement will be acquired. When the wicked are punished (chastised and judged) they will make spiritual progress and produce spiritual fruit:  "When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth the inhabitants of the WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS"  (Is.. 26:9).  But who believes Isaiah? Or God either for that matter?  ALL will be saved (I Tim. 2:4; :10; Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:10; I Cor. 15:28; etc.
v
v
   When Jesus returns, He resurrects His saints, and  He "smites the NATIONS" with the sword that comes out of His mouth. (Rev. 19:15).
The "nations" of the earth are ALL THE EARTH.

His Judgments are upon:  "...ALL MEN both FREE, and BOND, both SMALL, and GREAT" (Verse 18). That's EVERYONE.

Jesus then takes "The beast and the false prophet" and casts THEM into the lake of fire (Verse 20). Are we so foolish as to think these are two individual MEN?

And everyone else who is left, the REMNANT, "...were slain WITH THE SWORD of Him that sat upon the horse...." ( Verse 21).  And ALL THESE--the CAPTAINS, MIGHTY MEN, ALL MEN, FREE, BOND, SMALL, GREAT, THE KINGS OF THE EARTH, ALL THEIR ARMIES, THE BEAST, THE FALSE PROPHET, AND THE ENTIRE REMNANT,  are just the "political system?"  No, the Scriptures clearly say something totally different.

God be with you,
Ray   

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.