bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funerals, maybe a strange subject..  (Read 5385 times)

Jackie Lee

Funerals, maybe a strange subject..
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »

I took an elderly person to a funeral today, She just wanted to go in case he may be looking down on her she said.
I said maybe a little harshly, oh for pete's sake he is not looking down on you, then she said maybe no one will be there I have to see him one more time. :'(
I said ok whatever you want to do, I will help you.
I took her, been long time since I attended a funeral it reminded me so much of the the church.
Much phoney stuff and lies, when I say lies people saying things about the deceased person that is not even close to truth.
It is all good things of course, Lots of showmanship.
Everyone dies but is this stuff necessary or a money making business or what?
Best casket spend lots of money is this covering a guilty consience?
If someone don't treat me kindly while I am alive I don't need them when I am dead.
I am not trying to be harsh or mean but this helped me to think is this just another part of Babylon?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Funerals, maybe a strange subject..
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »

Absolutely it is! The dead are dead...let the dead bury them...does not mean let the bereaved not mourn them. It is the living in Babylon under their false teachings that makes it harder to find closure because of not knowing, not seeing, not understanding that the dead are dead and will live again when Christ comes. Not before.  I know this does not make it any easier to loose a loved one. That is not what I am saying. Grief, loss and pain are real.

I think you did well to help out :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:48:40 PM by Arcturus »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

Absolutely it is! The dead are dead...let the dead bury them...does not mean let the bereaved not mourn them. It is the living in Babylon under their false teachings that makes it harder to find closure because of not knowing, not seeing, not understanding that the dead are dead and will live again when Christ comes. Not before.  I know this does not make it any easier to loose a loved one. That is not what I am saying. Grief, loss and pain are real.

I think you did well to help out :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

I agree...that is a big misunderstanding within the church is what happens when a person dies. Knowing the truth and hearing lies even at a funeral can be unsettling.

carol v

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:40:49 PM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Last year I read Rays paper on the things we have taken out of Egypt and of course embalming was one of them. Ray points out many scriptures showing how we are not to take anything from Egypt. Then at the same time I watched a Penn & Teller show on Showtime Channel whose title is a bad word, whoops, so I can't mention it but their premise is always to take some over-hyped common belief of the masses and show what BS it is. Whoops, again, just abbreviated the title of the show for ya ;)

Anyway, Penn & Teller were VERY forthcoming about the funeral industry and how they mark up these supposed "leak proof" caskets to sell for thousands of dollars that ironically make the body explode in a few weeks because no gases are expelled. It was rather gross but the point about the ripoff of the funeral industry wasn't lost. They turn the family's grief against them for huge profit. "Doesn't your loved one deserve the best?"

I sat down shortly thereafter and wrote out my entire funeral plan including my desire to be cremated and even a letter to be read at my memorial service. I asked them to NOT take me to the Presbyterian church where the rest of my family attends but just the chapel of the funeral home that cremates me. I also ordered a case of the "Hope Beyond Hell" book which is a very straightforward primer on the salvation of all loaded with scriptural backup in a very simple thorough format. (You can get as many books as you want with a donation or for free from their web site.)

Hey I even put a few songs on a CD including Al Green's Precious Lord. One of my favorites. I didn't mean it to be morbid but I am 52 and didn't want to go out without a plan. My brother would have embalmed me and had a Presbyterian service.

I would however attend the funeral of friends or family in a church. Weddings and funerals would be the only reason I would go back into a church.

Just thought I'd throw that in...read that Egyptian paper. I think it's part 16 or so of the Lake of Fire series.

Have a great weekend everyone,
carol

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »

To All,
I feel the same way and just paid the final installment on my cremation.  I still attend funerals out of respect for the family but it makes me very upset when the minister says that brother or sister so-in-so is now in heaven with the LORD. I am looking forward to the spiritual body as this is fast breaking down. I use to fear death but now welcome it.
Phil3:10

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »

I agree! Funerals are a scam. When I die I would prefer to be cremated and have my ashes somehow disposed of in outer space.
How cool would that be?  ;D

Except, I fully realize that that process would be far more expensive than a funeral-so I'm not even expecting it to happen, just sayin' .

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »

I agree! Funerals are a scam. When I die I would prefer to be cremated and have my ashes somehow disposed of in outer space.
How cool would that be?  ;D

Except, I fully realize that that process would be far more expensive than a funeral-so I'm not even expecting it to happen, just sayin' .

Space dust thou art, to space dust thou shalt return.

LOL! ;D

When I'm dead just dump me in a hole, what do I care I'll be dead!

Actually I'm very lucky in that the few funerals I've been to have had more laughter than tears at them, and I never had to wonder about the eternal torment of that person, and now I never have to worry!

Amen.

On the down side, my wife's parents have a small home church and there is a pastor who come around to pastor their church.
Apparently he did a funeral service and one of the loved ones said "at least he is Heaven with God now eh?" and pastor David, not wanting to lift a finger to move a grievous burden said "don't count on it" or something to that affect.

Hhmmmm... >:(

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »

Thanks everyone, I agree we are there to support the ones that are living.
I just couldn't help but get annoyed when hearing this ridiculous words that you should go, he may be looking down on you to see if you are at his funeral.
Then all the things you hear at the funeral home and phony lies seriously unsettled me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.