bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unification Church  (Read 4796 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Unification Church
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »

Dear Ray,
My name is Youngwon, and I am a practicing member of the Unification Movement, commonly known as the Unification Church, and sadly the Moonies.
Have you ever read the Divine Principle? Or have any knowledge on our theology/philosophy? If so, what do you think of it?
Thanks Ray!
God bless!

Dear Youngwon:  I went to the Unification Church Home Page and after a few minutes of reading in "The Divine Principle," I found this statement:

"He [God] gave us free will and an original mind inclined towards goodness and unselfishness."

NO HE DIDN'T.  Man has not now nor ever had a "free [uncaused] will," and he certainly was not given a "mind inclined towards goodness and unselfishness."  If that were true, how do you explain the fact that our first parents disobeyed God, lusted after that which was forbidden, obeyed the words of the serpent, hid themselves from God, etc., etc., etc.

Is that, "a mind inclined towards GOODNESS and UNSELFISHNESS" or a mind inclined to be totally selfish and disobedient to their Maker?  So much for the "Divine Principle."  When one starts off with a totally false and unscriptural premise, ALL that follows will be in error!  I don't know what else I can say. It does no good to tell me of this or that little philosophy of being sweet and being a loving parents, etc., when the whole premise of the religion is false and unscriptural. Therefore it is obvious that Moon and his followers have not a clue as to the real purpose for human life and the creation of mankind.

Adam and Eve LUSTED WITH THEIR FLESH, LUSTED WITH THEIR EYES, AND LUSTED TO BE WISE, and John tells us that anyone who does these things does NOT have the "Love of the Father" (I John 2:15-17).  So how, pray tell, is that "a mind inclined towards goodness and unselfishness?"  And has the human race improve upon our first Parents gross sins?  Have the religions of men all over this earth now come to understand God's true purpose for the creation of humanity?  I speak as a fool.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.