bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will & The Beast  (Read 5560 times)

Hunter

Free Will & The Beast
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:22:29 AM »

I want to discuss The One Will (as there is only one: GOD), and how it relates to The Beast Within. They go hand-in-hand, in the obvious sense that The Beast fools us into thinking we have a path in life that we created for ourselves, but even when we have the knowledge of GOD being in control, The Beast hasn't left.

This wild beast is further identified in Rev. 13:14 when we are told this

"…beast, which had the wound [deadly wound, Ver. 3] by the sword, and DID LIVE."

He was wounded to death, but the wound was healed and he again lived. He also has a mark, and a name, and a number. What is this mysterious number that has baffled scholars, theologians, and saints for centuries? I will not give you the complete answer to this at this time, but will only show you that it is the number of mankind—humanity.

got that from: http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

That is speaking of something a little different, yet can apply to this as well. Our earthly struggle to become righteous Christians is a constant dealing of fatal blows to The Beast which invariably resurrects.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:53:20 AM by Hunter »

Chris R

Re: Free Will & The Beast
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:04:55 AM »

Hi Hunter,

I like the subject, and i think your on target, I also noticed that when the Beast [metephor] is killed [metephor] by the sword [metephor].

That the Sword is coming out from God.

I also noticed that this sword has TWO edges... interesting

Peace

Chris R

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »

The Beast fools us into thinking we have a path in life that we created for ourselves, but even when we have the knowledge of GOD being in control, The Beast hasn't left.

Hi Hunter,

This statement is so true.  This "Beast" does not want to die and it fights and struggles to stay alive.  The killing of this "Beast" is a painful process.  It is a major humbling experience.  However, this "Beast" will be defeated and we will come to appreciate that it is only through Christ our Lord that this is possible.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:50:55 PM »

Isn't the sword His Word?? I try to use scripture in all situations-like when I am fearful or angry, or Get thee behind me satan, for it is written.......(insert appropriate verse......  Sometimes that can just seem like a rote, magic spell...

So if the beast gets a sword is it scripture from me, or something deeper that can only come from God???

Or God gives me the scripture to say at the moment, but it is the sword coming from Him that can slay the beast for me?

And what would the 2 edges be for??

little rock

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 06:56:34 AM »

cause we're all double minded : ) HA HA .sorry couldn't resist.
peace to all
yes speaking the word out is one of our greatist defences there truley is "power" in His spoken word if said with authority.

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »

The beast likes to try and convince us that he will make it into the kingdom of heaven intact, and that by his own works, but tribulation and the lake of fire are raw beast killing power!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:01:08 AM by Martinez »

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »

Hi,

For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.[Heb 4:12]

"like" a two edged sword, Or  "sharper" than a two edged sword...able to "spiritually" cut thoughts and intents of the heart.

Why a two edged sword?...i'm not sure.

Chris R

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

:) Hi Chris--
I don't know if this helps, but my understanding is that "two edged swords" were meant to be used only in battle....when a soldier was in the thick of it, he could swing the sword back and forth and kill more opponents that way. So in "getting the job done" the 2-edged sword was considered the implement of choice.

Also; from a spiritual perspective....."the power of life and death" is in the TONGUE....which has 2 sides to it, right? But we want to become skillful and mature before we start swinging that sword....so HARD to tame it!

anyway...cheers!
Joyce :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »

Hi Chris R

Heb 4 : 12 For the word of God is living and powerfully working....

One side of the Sword....living 8)

The other side....powerfully working. :D

A Concordance word search on living shows a dazzling perspective of one side of this Sword of the Word.

Hi Joyful1...not an incorrect observation either!  8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »

My understanding it a two edge sword has to edges.

In this case it's one edge for the carnal and one edge for the spiritual.

It's what Ray says about the Charlie Brown strips where there is two stories, one for the children and one for the adults.

Two edge sword!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.