bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New  (Read 6023 times)

Paul

New
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »

Hi, just introducing myself. I've been interested in the Bible lately. bibletruths.com is amazing. I'm really grateful to Ray for all his hard work. This seems like an awesome community.

rjsurfs

Re: New
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »

Welcome Paul,

Glad you found bible-truths... keep studying!  There is so much there to learn about what the scriptures say.

Interesting cartoon drawing... reminds me of that British Gecko fellow on tv commercials.

:)

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »

Hi Paul

Welcome to the Forum!

Accurate sketch. The serpent lost his legs and arms after that!

Peace be with you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

Hi Paul.  Welcome.  Ha loved the sketch!

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 08:57:26 PM »

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
It is good to have a fellowship of like minded people to discuss things with, because you will not likely find many, if any wherever you live.  Well that has been a common difficulty people mention any way.
There is so much to learn and unlearn, so realize this usually is a slow process.
You will find most of your questions will be answered as you read through the Lake of Fire series and the other articles.  But we are here, so ask questions that come up and we will try to help out.

Here is a link to the forum info board.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
Here is a link to the audios.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html
Transcripts
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?board=12.0

Mercy, peace and love
Kat

Phil3:10

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 11:44:22 PM »

Hello Paul,
Great sketch and welcome to a great forum interested in the truths of our LORD. Ray's teachings and this forum add so very much to a study of the scriptures.

Paul

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:08:47 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I didn't make that comic cell; it's Jack Chick.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 03:12:27 AM »

Jack's report through comics, on the Spanish Priest who left the Jesuit Order of the Catholic Church was excellent! I found Chicks Theology disappointing though.

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 09:25:02 AM »

:D Hi Paul!

Joyce :)

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

Arcturus,
I agree with you on Chick's theology as well as his exposure of the evils or Roman Catholicism. I am sure you know first hand.  I still feel the Catholic Church is the parent of the Babylonian system as we know it today.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

:D Well historically the parent of Catholicism was a pagan! :D As for being the parent of the Babylonian system, I would think that Satan is the proud owner of that title! The father of lies with no truth in him! :)

Ref : The Two Babylons. Proof that Roman Catholicism's practices and beliefs came from pagan Babylonian religion...not from Christ or the Bible. by Alexander Hislop.

Peace to you Phil 3 : 10

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 02:47:37 PM by Arcturus »

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 12:48:58 PM »

Arcturus.
I so agree that the entire Catholic system is fully pagan and that Satan is the head of state.  However, I think most that is called Christian today is a direct off-shoot of Catholicism.  I do feel that GOD has always had a following that is truly HIS from the time of CHRIST. However, for nearly 1300 years the Catholic (Universal) Church dominated so-called Christianity and set the pattern, rules and rituals of todays Christianity.
This is why I have a hard time classifying myself as Christian and prefer to be just in the body of CHRIST or a follower of HIM. There are many wonderful people who want to be called Christian, love our LORD, but inhabit the halls of the Babylonian church system. I do see this system becoming more and more bankrupt and people coming out all the time. I do pray for a real revival and the opening of eyes to this church system. I have studied Catholicism for many years and believe the overall power and wealth of this evil system is probably greater than the power of any world government. The role this system will play in end time prophecy will be enormous but we know the final outcome already. Our LORD will be glorified and HIS righteousness will cover the earth.
Thank you for your insight, wisdom and knowledge. I always look forward to your posts and have learned much from you and all in this forum.
In HIM,

rjsurfs

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

Hi Phil3:10 and all,

However, I think most that is called Christian today is a direct off-shoot of Catholicism. 

You could even take it further and say Egypt. 

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »

Well said Bobby and thank you Phil 3 : 10 for your kind words.

Peace to you

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »

Bobby,
I agree with Egypt and all of the pagan religions that have ever existed being a part of Christianity as we know it.  I don't like to sound cynical but I do very much feel the remnant of CHRIST"S true followers is very small indeed. I know our LORD knew this would happen and will use the folly of paganism to bring true honor and glory to HIM.
In HIM,

rjsurfs

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »

Phil3:10,

I do very much feel the remnant of CHRIST"S true followers is very small indeed

Agreed... that's not cynical at all.  The few are few indeed. 

Shhhh... don't tell anyone though it's a secret.   :D

Bobby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.