bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 7:13  (Read 10094 times)

rjsurfs

Re: Matthew 7:13
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »

Hi Phazel and all,

I agree with Arcturus who originally points out that this is about the many and the few.  Gate is a metaphor.  Look throughout the gospels... Jesus is the way.  Studying the gospels will reveal many truths where we see it mentioned about those "in the way" and "those by the wayside".  It is the same thing said differently.  Again, all about the many and the few.

While all will be saved... I wouldn't say that the broad gate leads to Christ... but all will be brought into the way of the narrow gate to salvation.

Just a quick thought...

Bobby

*EDIT*
Yes, destruction = good.  The many will experience destruction... which is the burning away of the wood, hay, and stubble of their lives.  But yes, destruction is good... as is fire.  It saves us... now (narrow gate) or later (broad gate).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:50:58 PM by Bobby Proctor »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 01:55:25 AM »

Luke 21 :36 Then be watchful at every time, begging that you be counted worthy to escape all these these things which are about to happen, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mark 3 : 23 And if a house is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Matt  12 : 25 But Jesus knowing their thoughts, He said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to ruin. And every city or house divided against itself will not stand.

This thought about division against oneself is fascinating and for me shows how we can discern within ourselves if we are at all divided. As Jesus says, beg that we are counted worthy to stand.  In other words we have to be so sure of Christ that nothing external or internal is capable of swaying or deceiving us.

I pray and hope to be counted worthy!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

David

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »

Hi Phazel. I don't see this as meaning the same path. One is to Christ, the other destruction. True, those going into destruction will eventually be brought into Christ, but I see them as totally serparate gates/paths.

I never said the same "path".

No intended offense to anyone  but everyone so far has seen something in my post that I never said.   

Hi Phazel, none taken ;)
I was just using your analogy in your 2nd post on this subject. "I am just seeing two paths and that through those paths we end up at the same place.
"

I see this analogy as ending up at the same place, 1 Cor 15:28 "God may be All in all." But I do see the gates that Christ describes as a different stage in mans salvation, before the All in all. One leads to Christ, the other to destruction.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.