bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Shows & Movies  (Read 17170 times)

rk12201960

Re: Favorite Shows & Movies
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 08:50:39 PM »

Hi Brad,
I guess this is kinda like the kindom hall, evey one has their idea what some should watch and not watch.

I think if we lift the curtain of darkness we all have things to fix.
I know this is a place to help our brothers and sisters and you know what, if some of us watch some shows others don't I would forgive you as I hope you would forgive me, how many times?

we fight the world every day and we grow so whats right for some might not be right for others.

we should lift our brothers and sisters up because I could sit here and pick off many things people write on here but as God teaches love you brother and lift up his soul because THATS what God looks for not a dowm play, we get that enough from the world.

You are here Brad and thats what makes my heart jump for joy like it does for ALL my family here and thats what we are FAMILY.
Keep up the post as I'm learning from day to day also.
Gods speed my brother,
Randy
PS Let him without sin cast the FIRST stone.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:54:24 PM by Randy »

Sorin

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:36 PM »

I too can see the humor in Musicman's post-I mean he called it "Satan's Box" of all things! ;p

Christians are ridiculous-I mean they were protesting Harry Potter books, calling it "The AntiChrist"...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:54:39 PM by Sorin »

musicman

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 10:45:19 PM »

Hi Kat and Samson,  Kat, I do not hear Musicman joking about this post, Samson, my comment was not directed at you, but rather the subject, I have notice something on BT, people can read what is said on BT, but not hear what is meant, this includes myself as well, I think we all need to be a bit careful with this. As for the joking and humor part of the Off Topic Discussions, making people laugh, I do not have a problem with this at all. But what would I know, I am just a newbie here and always will be.
          Ricky

Ummm.  Yea, it was satire.  I'm almost embarrassed to say at this point, that the subliminal messages in bold are the only true statements I made.  Maybe it could have been taken the other way but I guarantee, I don't watch Full House and I have ripped Kirk Cameraman thousands of times for his heresy on TBN.  So I wouldn't call Growing Pains a family classic.

I guess I'm like the guy showing up to an AA meeting drunk.  While I consider this a serious forum that discusses the truths of God, I still find myself entertained by the ungodly outrageous humor and TV violence (to a point) and admit it.  There are many times where I hear something humorous and think how much I totally disagree with what they're poking fun at.  I can still laugh at it though.  Take for instance when a TV character makes fun of the Bible or something.  It could very well be funny.  Once Peter Griffen of Family Guy said "that's the stupidest theory I've heard since the Theory of Evolution".  It's funny because most would consider that statement ignorant.  I agreed with Peter, only because I know a thing or two about cells and life in general.  I'm not offended.  If they make a joke about God, it's actually the church that's being made fun of. 

As far TV is concerned, I don't even have cable (or satelite).  I hate celebrity shows, reality shows, and most Sit Coms.  I like my local sports teams (they all suck though) and I like good comedy and action movies.  I am not yet to the point that I can ignore my lust of humor and action.  There are many more things important to me that I hope God will change in me first.  All in His timing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:50:27 PM by musicman »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »

2 movies I would highly recommend are

Joshua

The Last Sin Eater

Both have some very deep spiritual meaning, the last a good story of the bondage of religion.

Craig

Martinez

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 05:22:15 AM »

I too can see the humor in Musicman's post-I mean he called it "Satan's Box" of all things! ;p

Christians are ridiculous-I mean they were protesting Harry Potter books, calling it "The AntiChrist"...

I actually know someone who supports Harry Potter book burnings, and that's buying them to burn as well!

I know of another group of people who were into burning books as well. they were called the Nazi's.

You shall know them by their fruits indeed.

phazel

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 05:36:30 AM »

If I wrote a book I would make sure Christians hated it.   They are the best free marketing agent in the world.

Martinez

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »

If I wrote a book I would make sure Christians hated it.   They are the best free marketing agent in the world.

Ah, you should write a book about the God revealed in the Bible then!

:D

Vangie

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 11:20:58 AM »

I loved Forrest Gump--haven't noticed that one being mentioned yet. 

Hey Musicman, here's one for you.  I used to think John Stamos (Uncle Jesse on Full House) was so hot--I stood in line for an hour at a boat show in Atlanta to get an autographed picture, and he kissed my cheek.  Whoo wee!  Pretty goofy huh?! ::) 

Vangie
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:24:55 AM by Vangie »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »

And I'll bet you've not washed that cheek since, huh?

Craig

Vangie

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »

How'd you know Craig?!   ;)

Samson

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »

Hey Craig,

I saw that Movie, Joshua, we loved it, I thought it was ironic that the guy who played Joshua, was the same guy who played the traitor and murderer on the Movie Ghost, but he did an excellent job playing Joshua and that movie always brings tears to my eyes and reaches the heart.

Yeah Vangie, don't ever wash that cheek, personally I would have, notice I said would have preferred his Ex-Wife Rebecca Stamos(Can't remember how to spell her last name) to kiss my cheek, now that I'm Married, I won't go their.

Your Brother, Samson.

Vangie

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »

That "ex-wife" was pretty freaky in the XMen movie, Brad.  I don't think you missed out!   :D

musicman

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »

Hey Musicman, here's one for you.  I used to think John Stamos (Uncle Jesse on Full House) was so hot--I stood in line for an hour at a boat show in Atlanta to get an autographed picture, and he kissed my cheek.  Whoo wee!  Pretty goofy huh?! ::) 

Vangie

Boy, if that guy kissed me I'd dunk my head in acid until my scin became wrinkled.  How arrogant that man looks.  And why does he always squint his eyes?  Does that make him look sexy or something?  I can only stand it when women do that.  I don't read the tabloids but could Uncle Jesse be wana them u . . . Aaaah, forget it.

Vangie

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 11:07:58 PM »

C'mon now--you're being harsh.  :-[  That eye squinty thing was supposed to be sexy--like the Elvis hairdo.  Okay, so I guess I should wash the cheek huh!  Hee hee, it was kinda crusty.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 02:05:52 AM »

I like some of all diff types of movies.  One of my all time Favs is YENTLE...with Barbara Striesand; about women not being aloud to read and study the WORD of God, has anyone seen it?  I absolutely love funny sitcoms and comedies, I love to laugh!! ;D ;D but, anything biblical is great too.    I like tv and movies way more than I probably should and more than I have time to watch too!  I could be a major 'couch tater' if I'm not careful ;) ;)  There are so many more opportunities now a days than when I grew up with just 3 channel.s..but, I absolutey did not like to watch the old HEE HAW THOUGH!  ::) :( >:( ;D ;)
Enjoy the gift of movies and tv's and have fun with them when ever you can....   

Martinez

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »

Vangie

Boy, if that guy kissed me I'd dunk my head in acid until my scin became wrinkled.  How arrogant that man looks.  And why does he always squint his eyes?  Does that make him look sexy or something?  I can only stand it when women do that.  I don't read the tabloids but could Uncle Jesse be wana them u . . . Aaaah, forget it.

Thou dost protest to much music man!

Is there something your not telling us?

Dante

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »

Hey Everybody!!

I just wanted to share that I am a HUGE MOVIE buff!!!! Around 500 DVD's in my collection.

I have a lot of great old TV shows too.

I used to watch it when I was a kid. There are a dozen or so shows that are awesome.

Andy Griffith show, Hogans Heroes, Starsky and Hutch, Etc.

But one that stands out among the rest is "Kung Fu" the television series.

It is funny,....because my son and I now study Kung Fu here in RI.
I study Wing Chun (On my own), Taijiquan, Emei Baguazhang and Xingyiquan at a great school here in RI called "Way of the Dragon".

My son studies Shaolin Kung Fu. The same art that David Carradine's Character (Qui Chang Cain) studied in the series Kung Fu.

My point to telling everyone this is that his character in the TV series was always an inspiration for me.
He was meek, gentle, kind and caring. His character was what I perceived Jesus to be akin to.
It is a awesome series with HUGE AMOUNTS of moral lessons in it. This fact, coupled along with the relaxed way in which he handled aggressors and aggressive situations, is an inspiring also.

His take on life was that every man, thought makes his own decisions, walks a path that is set before him. A seaming contradiction, yet they are one and the same. Much as the way we Universal Christians think of humans making decisions in life, yet God has a SET plan for every man.

Take a look at the series if you get a chance. It is well worth the time, money and effort. Even thought the religion that is behind it is Taoism, I feel like a lot of IT'S tenants are much more akin to TRUE CHRISTIANITY than those of MAINSTREAM CHRISTIANITY.

Love above all else. Truth is to be embraced. And respect of one's fellow man is it's theme.
Great Show!!!! 

gmik

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »

Very interesting thread.

Last weekend I went w/ 3 girlfriends to see a "chickflick".  My husband drove me to meet them and he went in to see the Bucket List.

Well, I am w/ the gals watching"maybe definetly" or something like that.  After about 10 minutes, I said " Well, I have had enough of this" and said bye, walked out and went to see the Bucket List.  It was very good.

However, these days to say something is good, a believer has to ignore all the cussing, sex, and violence in a movie.

I did enjoy Enchanted. I have seen it twice and can watch it more times.

Shawshank must be a guy thing...its hubby's favorite.

I just read this entire thread tonite, Musicman, your post was hilarious!  I can't believe anyone couldn't see the humor and that you were being facetious! (actually you portrayed a churchy hypocrite quite well)

mrl1970

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

Anyone watch Leap of Faith with Steve Martin? Pretty Funny movie.

Dante

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 11:34:34 AM »

Leap of faith was great!!!
Staring Benny Hinn,.......right??

LOL!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.