bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Shows & Movies  (Read 16503 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Favorite Shows & Movies
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

I have to admit there is very little that is on now days that appeals to me.  I'll watch history, discovery and the nat geo channels.  As far as movies or dvd's go I like a lot of the old stuff.  I have McHale's Navy episodes on DVD.  (Love Ensign Parker and Leadbottom....reminds me of a few officers I used to know).  I've got a lot of I love lucy on DVD as well as Hogan's Hero's.  I was always a star trek fan so I have the original series and next gen on DVD.  Knowing what I know now I see so much humanism in star trek.  Bless Roddenbury's soul he had the right idea but the wrong source.  He always thought that man could arise above his carnal nature and that the things that plague him now won't plague him in the future.  He's right....man will overcome lust, pride, greed and all those things but it won't be in and of himself...he will have to be dragged to it!!  Many have not yet learned just how fallen man really is.  Yet many of the stories and plots in the series are just tremendous writing and screenplay.  I used to be a newsbuff but even the news channels are 30 second sound bites and ad's for the latest and greatest $20 trinket that you just can't live without.  That and the pablum of the day...Michael Jackson, Obama, et al.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:51:28 PM by Arion »

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »

Thanks JL, I'll be sure to mail it back in the little red, self addressed, envelop you provide.  ;)

the goldfields

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »

My favourite tv show is LOST
and my favourite movies are:

A.I. Artificial Intelligence           
Alive                                       
Back to the Future
Before Sunrise
Jurassic Park
Knowing
Lady in the Water
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars
That Thing You Do!
The Abyss
The Muppet Movie

I am really looking forward to James Cameron's upcoming "Avatar"
and Steven Spielberg's "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn"! 8)

ez2u

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:47 AM »

okay  do i go back to far  i know some in here are older than me so here is my movie list

1.  Casa Blana   all time best
2.  the African Queen
3.  Angel and the bad man
4,  seven brides for seven brothers
5.  forrest gump
6.  Gone with the wind
7.  dance with wolves
8.  fiddler on the roof
9.  time machine
10  shanghai

with television  not much  i like house hunters, survivorman, some history shows and a lot of nature programs (Alaska wild, Russia wild, ect...)

Ellie

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »

One of the most watched T>V> shows here in Australia has been Master Chef Australia.Ordinary people,with a passion , were put through a series of tests and feats of cooking skills to become the winner.
 It was interesting to see the expertise of the various chefs and that world of cooking level revealed.
 The final show nearly five million people watched.
 I was going to say that ,this show was at least free of murder, violence,dead bodies and gruesome stuff........but then I thought of all those poor little fish,chickens,pigs,lambs,cows........... ???
   Sometimes I'd really like to be a vegetarian again......

ez2u

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 12:31:59 AM »

oh no poor animal  :o

lferretj

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »

Hello,
  As a matter of fact I do love tv but I'm trying to cut back as it has become a stumbling block for me.  It seems that when I watch a show I'm immersed and I become the character whoever it is and everything else around me is blocked out.  My husband could be calling my name and I just don't hear it, so we decided to cancel tv for a time.  Anyway I still enjoy it.  All time favorite movie is The Beast Master--I would love to be able to talk to animals, and the ferrets are so cute, I wish mine were that well trained.  I also enjoy some older films like Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and The Man With One Red Shoe.
Anything Sci-Fi I pretty much like, like K-Pax, X-Men Series, Heroes (TV Series), Matrix, and many others.  Also I like twisted suspense like Sixth Sense, Memento, and Dead Like Me (TV Series).  I didn't really care for the Knowing, however.  I guess I just wish they would come up with better Sci-Fi than the end of the world and aliens,  I was hoping for something a little more original.  Books are way better in my opinion when it comes to original Sci-Fi stories and Japanese Anime.  Some of the Japanese Anime movies and series are also my favorite like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies(Very good about WWII), Vampire Hunter D, and Cowboy Beebop.  They also have good TV Series like Tokko, Noein, and Serial Experiments Lain, and Witch Hunter Robin.
 Lately though I've been watching documentaries like Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Lake of Fire, and Jesus Camp. 
     Lferretj

jerreye

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

Movies:

"Shawshank Redemption" is the best made movie of all time IMHO. I think I have watched that movie about 50 times by now :)
"Gladiator" is a near second.

TV Shows:

"Seinfeld" (still a classic!)

OBrenda

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

Hey Brad,

This is a fun topic that we could keep adding our favorites too for years...

My personality is drawn to creativity & imagination, so I love Sci-Fi, Fantasy and then Drama/Mysteries.
Most recently I enjoyed....

Knowing
X-Men
Star Trek (new)
Transformers 2
and today I saw Harry Potter!

I can't help but see the spiritual truths in "Destiny" (chosen) which in my mind voids free will.
Most of my favorite Movies have had "Messianic" themes to them. (Even though some groups would burn them)
Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Star Wars, The many on Arthurian Legends....

At times I wish I could edit some point or scenes.  ;) but they haven't asked my help yet.  ;D

musicman

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 12:45:52 AM »

Look!!  I thought we determined that Family Guy and South Park rule.  Oh, and Borat!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.