bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unbelief  (Read 6358 times)

Martinez

Unbelief
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:59:41 PM »

Hi all.

I was just in the process of getting depressed and thinking how much it sucks to be me and how I don't see how I could ever be one of the elect. I started thinking that maybe that is a wicked unbelieving attitude, when I thought of Jesus healing the sick.

Mar 10:51  And answering Jesus said to him, What do you desire that I should do to you? The blind man said to Him, My Lord, that I may see again.
Mar 10:52  And Jesus said to him, Go, your faith has healed you. And instantly he saw again, and he followed Jesus in the way.

Jesus usually states that it is their faith that has made them well. He heals them because they believe He can.

I also think that the the blind man in the above verse represents the sin of unbelief.

I don't think we get discouraged because we fall short of the mark because it's not about who we are, it's about who Jesus is!

rjsurfs

Re: Unbelief
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »

Hi Martinez,

What version states that he " saw again " ?  I would investigate that.

Mar 10:51  And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
Mar 10:52  And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Sight, the eye, always represents perception and understanding.

Notice that he followed Jesus "in the way".  It is amazing when you start seeing in the scriptures the significance of those mentioned "in the way", "by the way", by the wayside", etc... it all has purpose and meaning.

Bobby

ciy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 12:58:34 AM »

Here is Young's Literal Translation

Mar 10:51  And answering, Jesus saith to him, `What wilt thou I may do to thee?' and the blind man said to him, `Rabboni, that I may see again;'
Mar 10:52  and Jesus said to him, `Go, thy faith hath saved thee:' and immediately he saw again, and was following Jesus in the way.

CIY

Tooostep1955

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

Hi all.

I was just in the process of getting depressed and thinking how much it sucks to be me and how I don't see how I could ever be one of the elect. I started thinking that maybe that is a wicked unbelieving attitude, when I thought of Jesus healing the sick.

My Dearly Loved friend,

Yes, I do believe these thoughts are "wicked..." they come from not yourself, but from the one that hates God, and hates you for who and what you are - a child of God! Trust me, you are NOT alone with thoughts like these. I have learned to turn his wicked thoughts/devices to work to good by first rebuking him in the precious name of Christ Jesus our Lord, and then secondly praising God for reminding me of just how blessed and 'important' we are (with God) due to the attacks. If we are loved/important to God, and we ALL are, what more is there?  :)
Satan and his followers are not wasting time on unbelievers.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11  To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (King James Version)

Don't misunderstand, we can and do think our 'own' wicked thoughts, but we are given His Spirit to discern where and from whom they come.

I pray you and yours grow in His grace, mercy and wisdom...

psalmsinger

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »

Absolutely,  the heart is the first to depart from God through not believing.  The accuser, that old serpent the devil,  is constantly reminding our flesh that we aren't good enough, and he also uses the voices of others to be his second witness.  We know that accusation is true.  In response, we have to believe that Jesus is able and His Word and promises are True.  Trials and other situations cause our thoughts  to dwell more on ourselves and that will suck us into "deep dark depression and excessive agony" ;D  the only perscription is believing the Word, doing the Word, and keeping focus on our Lord Jesus Christ.
I say these things for my benefit as well.  The valley of the shadow of death is a hard walk by yourself.  Thankfully He is with us.  Keep the faith!

Heb 3:12-19
12   Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13   But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14   For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15   While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16   For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17   But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18   And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19   So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
(KJV)

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Tooostep1955

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »

I say these things for my benefit as well.  The valley of the shadow of death is a hard walk by yourself.  Thankfully He is with us.  Keep the faith!

Great reply Barbara,

Gen 2:18  And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. (1901 American Standard version)

Gen 2:18  The LORD God said, "It isn't good for the man to live alone. I need to make a suitable partner for him." (Contemporary English version)

Gen 2:18  Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to live alone. I will make a suitable companion to help him." (Good News Bible)

The point I am making is that our great and awesome Creator in ALL His wisdom reveals to us how important it is to have someone (likeminded/equally yoked, etc...)! True and faithful are His and your words Barbara, He IS with us always, but the wisdom revealed by our father is that humans/His children need physical contact as well. I pray you - Martinez - have someone close by that you can talk & touch in these dark moments. If not, then all is not lost, as you have a family here that you can be 'with' and not be alone. Even still I pray our heavenly Father would unite you with someone likeminded (physically) to share your heart and mind with.

Blessings & peace to you and yours

psalmsinger

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 10:39:01 AM »

Yes,  that "help meet" should be the "elect lady" of the many membered body of Christ.  He provided this group for all of us that are scattered.  Thank you Lord!  Members of your local church or family will most likely be the first to accuse you and condemn you for being a believer of the scriptures and the Word of God.  I am so thankful the Lord provided a mate for me that is a believer so we can believe in and help each other in Christ Jesus.  He knows our needs even when we don't have a clue and ask for the wrong things.  Believe that our Lord will provide for your every need also. The start of all sin and "falling away" begins with the sin of unbelief in your heart.  I'm thinking when I let my thoughts dwell on the negative and what relationships I don't have because of past mistakes combined with my belief in the truth, there is a bigger desire to act on those thoughts in a negative manner. Stopping the sin that begins in the heart of unbelief is the spiritual battle.  I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ  helps us with that on a minute by minute basis.   Thank you Don and Martinez for discussing this with me 8)  May God be with you both.

Barbara

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 07:52:18 AM »

Thankyou for your replies everyone.

As long as I bury myself in the word it's all good, but as soon as I stuff up that's when the ugly heart of unbelief shows itself.

I do have faith that God has started a good work and will see it through until completion.

God Bless.

Martin.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »

Hi Martinez,
What version states that he " saw again " ?  I would investigate that.
Mar 10:51  And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
Mar 10:52  And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
Sight, the eye, always represents perception and understanding.
Notice that he followed Jesus "in the way".  It is amazing when you start seeing in the scriptures the significance of those mentioned "in the way", "by the way", by the wayside", etc... it all has purpose and meaning.
Bobby

Yes, Jesus said " Go thy way " and thus it be the way of Jesus, which is the way of truth.

That is why you do not see that many miracles occur these days, since the people of today take the way of belief instead of the way of truth.  In the minds of the many, the value of beliefs have been placed far far above and beyond the value of truths. A belief does not connect you directly to a truth, thus the belief contains incompleteness, and so it is called a belief.  A truth, on the other hand, is complete.  Those who are happy with their beliefs, are happy with incompleteness, thus are happy with less than truth, and thus spit in the face of truth when they encounter it, since the completeness of a truth does not agree with the incompleteness of a belief. And so as the result of this, it becomes impossible for them to accept a true miracle.

Many years ago, say roughly 2,000 years ago, the Jesus Christ that we speak of was spat at, his nose was broken, he was flogged, and then he was crucified.  All this for happened due to the fact that Jesus Christ was speaking truths to a group of believers/disbelievers.

Truth is everywhere, and thus it is a huge singularity. If you drift away from truths, then the connection with that singularity becomes lost. Once lost, greater than singularity occurs, meaning division occurs instead.  This then leads to such things as wars, marriages falling apart, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, etc.  Thus today, thanks to this ongoing drifting away from the singularity of truth, people are even further from truth today than they were say 2,000 years ago back in the days of Jesus Christ.  With this being the case, how much more disrespect do you think a prophet of today would receive in comparison to in the days of Jesus Christ ?

I would say that it is an impossible task for him not to be 100% rejected in less than a second.

John 8:45   And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:04:11 AM by 8881480 »

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 04:15:50 AM »

Truth is everywhere, and thus it is a huge singularity. If you drift away from truths, then the connection with that singularity becomes lost. Once lost, greater than singularity occurs, meaning division occurs instead.  This then leads to such things as wars, marriages falling apart, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, etc.  Thus today, thanks to this ongoing drifting away from the singularity of truth, people are even further from truth today than they were say 2,000 years ago back in the days of Jesus Christ.  With this being the case, how much more disrespect do you think a prophet of today would receive in comparison to in the days of Jesus Christ ?

I would say that it is an impossible task for him not to be 100% rejected in less than a second.

John 8:45   And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

I would say a perfect example of that would be how the Church is so far removed from God today it's not even funny and even the word of truth must be broken down into context to protect their man made doctrines of untruth and hate.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:19:13 AM by Martinez »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.